This was our second trip to Dubai since 2007 and this time we stayed six nights from December 28th until January 3rd in hotel Citymax Al Barsha. We choose this hotel because of its central location close to the Mall of the Emirates.
Our flight from Amsterdam to DXB took 6 hours and 30 minutes and we arrived very early in the morning. The check in time in the hotel is officially after 2.00 pm, but after paying 180 AED we immediately got a room.
We wonder why they make scans of the passports. It is forbidden in the Netherlands and we didn’t find it necessary because we have booked a packaged deal via a travel agency!
We asked for separate beds and were given a twin bedded room on the 11th floor. The room was very basic, but clean. We heard no noise from the streets and it was very quiet.
- TV (BBC World, Dubai One and RTV) Unfortunately no CNN World or BVN TV
(channel for Dutch expats).
- Open closet
- Desk with chair
- Coffee/tea maker with two mugs and two glasses
- Air conditioning
- Four towels
Next to the coffee shop are two computers which we can use through a voucher. This voucher costs AED 20 for 1 hour and is valid for 24 hours, AED 35 for 3 hours or AED 50 for 24 hours.
I asked the receptionist if we can print some documents. She said that we had to send these documents to the reception firstname.lastname@example.org. Why should I send my documents to the reception? A socalled ‘Business Corner’ must have a printer, doesn’t it? Strange! After checking the internet I saw that there was a printer selected, so I asked the receptionist again. Now it was possible to print my documents. The printer was installated at the coffee shop and each print costs 1 AED. Why didn’t she say that before?
The buffet is from 6.30 am until 10.30 am and was good. Sometimes it was very crowded so we had to wait a couple of times for a table.
The personnel is very friendly and asked every time before closing time if we needed something else from the kitchen.
International dinner buffet:
The dinner is from 7.00 pm until 11.00pm and costs AED 55. We dined here two times and it was very good.
The pool is located at the rooftop and is open from 07.00 am to 09.00 pm. From here we have a nice view at the hotel Burj al Arab and the Burj Khalifa. On New Years Eve we had a very nice view of the firework shows from both Burjes.
Fire alarm test:
On Monday 02nd of January there was a fire alarm test at 11.30 am. We got informed via a letter on Sunday.
But, in the evening at 10.30 pm we were roughly woken up by a very loud noise. Was this an alarm? We called the reception, but we got no answer. Unfortunately we couldn’t sleep anymore that evening, while we had to wake up at 03.15 am. Our transfer to the airport was at 04.30 am.
It was just after 04.00 am when we checked out. The receptionist didn’t ask “How was your stay”, only “How can I help you”?
We paid the bill and she didn’t give the change money immediately, but covered it with papers while she was working in the computer. I asked her what she was doing all the time and she told me that there was a problem with the system. Okay, but I want my money back. “I gave you the money, she said” “No!” We showed her that she covered our money with papers. Okay, it’s very early in the morning…..
After checking out she didn’t say goodbye. That was it.
But, we had a great holiday in Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citymax Hotels is a comfortable, mid-market, budget hotel for the business traveler. The chain has 3 hotels across Dubai and Sharjah, centrally located near important business hubs and International Airports. Each Citymax Hotel is equipped for business and leisure with Internet access, conference halls, multi cuisine restaurants, gyms and rooftop swimming pools. With no compromise on comforts, Citymax Hotels promises luxury mattresses, coffee makers, rain showers and other in-room luxuries at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Citymax Al Barsha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citymax Al Barsha Hotel Dubai