“Good base to explore dubai”

Landmark Hotel Riqqa
Ranked #329 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
newcastle
“Good base to explore dubai”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in october 2012 for 2 nights. Our flight landed in dubai at 5.30am i had emailed the hotel ahead to ask if the room would be avaliable earlier for check in and was told it would possibly be avaliable at 8am but it would depend on avaliability. We arrived at the hotel about 7.45am and were told they would ensure to make a room avaliable dependant on check out around 9am-10am. Therefore we sat in the lobby for around an hour and then our room was ready, twin room as requested. Which was appriciated after a long flight, it is very accomodating of the hotel to prepare rooms early without charge. Comfortable rooms with lots of space and nice decor, Only complaint would be on the first night when i took a shower depsite having the water heater switch on the shower would switch from scalding hot to freezing cold without altering the temperature guage. However the shower on the next night was fine,

The hotel is an ideal base for exploring dubai with the al riqqua metro station around a 5 minute walk to the hotel. The metro line is easy to use and will take u down the line to many of the sights of dubai for a good price, we got the daily pass for 16 UED and used the metro many times during the day, There are a few malls and places to eat around the hotel, nandos, burger king, pizza company and starbucks to name a few.

The reception staff were very accomodating and helpful to answer questions and querys about dubai and provide directions for getting around. Even down to passing staff in the corridor they always greeted us with a hello or good morning, An very early check out at 4am was no trouble and the staff hailed us a taxi straight to the airport with little fuss. I would stay in this hotel again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank dani m
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear dani m

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in October 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay. It is great to see our team was there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

It is important to us to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Landmark Hotels and Suite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for 3N/4D. The rooms are spacious, modern and very clean. The hotel pick-up was efficient, check-in service was quick and the room service on par with any four-star hotel. The morning b/f had a lot of variety and the restaurant food was good as well. Wifi service is a bit costly - 20AED for an hour whereas if I just walked 2 blocks down the lane I could avail the same for 5 AED. The room lighting could be more brighter. The location of the hotel is good with the metro station a brisk 5 min walk which is all you need to get around in Dubai. There are loads of restaurants around and nightlife is also vibrant. Deira city centre is also close-by for shopping and is the next station using the metro. Overall I was satisfied with what I paid for. Will surely visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bharats
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear bharats

It is important to us to receive such positive feedback.

Regarding your room lighting, we will definately look into this and see how best we can rectify this.

Sendai, Japan
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've booked online a month before my trip and got amazing rate. I had a little difficulty to reach the hotel as there are 5 Landmark hotels in Dubai, check-in took 15mins (not very good after spending 30mins searching for the hotel), room was acceptably clean, but not super clean, room was small but still ok, chargeable internet access was quite ok, but if you have more than 1 device to login with same login here is the problem. Breakfast was not really good, with poor variety.
Otherwise, hotel is located in good location, heart of business trading district of Deira, around 500m from Union subway station. Hotel is 15mins from Airport. Many fast food around the hotel. El-Ghurrur Mall is just 300m of the hotel. Hotel is in quiet area which means sleeping quality. There is no bars or casino in hotel so it's perfect if you're going for short business trip.

Room Tip: It's perfect choice if you're going to Dubai for short business trip, otherwise there are ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank osama-alex
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear osama-alex

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent business stay in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in October 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a good stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is good enough. It is clean and there is a store right across the street, which came in handy. There is also a mall within walking distance. We stayed here for a night en route to another destination, and again on our way back. The hotel allowed us to check in a few hours early which was really nice. The staff there are very nice. Any needs were taken care of quickly. Some people have complained of noise. It is on a busy street, but we were in room 213 and had no issues with noise. We ordered room service and the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I'd even say cheap! I know they offer a shuttle to the beach, and possibly elsewhere, I can't remember now. We didn't use it though b/c we had a tour booked. You can book tours there as well. Internet is not free, which I think is absurd for hotels to not provide free wifi, but in all fairness, many still charge for it. All in all, it's a decent hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dianadepp
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear dianadepp

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in September 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here on a 2-day stopover. Location is excellent, just off the busy Al Rigga Road. There are two metro stations close by.
Hotel staff is friendly and professional. The room I stayed in was clean and had a comfy bed. The bathroom has a bathtub with a good showerhead.
Breakfast is included in the roomprice and offers delicious food to get a good start of the day.
Will stay here again on future Dubai trips, so recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank BackPackMaluku
Dear BackPackMaluku

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with your friends in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in September 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay with your friends. It is great to see our team was there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

It is important to us to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our hotel again in the very near future.

West Sussex
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great hotel for location and budget, one of the few that offers breakfast in the price. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival (not sure why - i did email in advance to make sure we were allocated a no smoking room, which this was) and it was a really good room, very big, clean and comfortable, with tea making facilities, safe, toiletries supplied, beds are a little hard. The bathroom was a little small and had a damp smell about it, some mold around the bath but it had no extractor so i wasnt suprised, and it was no problem. We overlooked the road but it is very quiet at night, both outside and in. Excellent location for good value food and drink in the mall (2 mins walk) and the metro (8 mins walk). We used the pool and sun beds every morning with no trouble, sometimes being the only ones there. There is a mosque around the corner which means you get to hear call to prayer several times a day which is lovely (not too loud that it will wake you though). Staff are helpful and courteous, breakfast was very good, considering the amount of different cultures they are trying to cater to. The only minor downside we experienced was a Dhow cruise we booked through the tour desk in reception, 5 star cruise apparently so it cost 100 dir more than the basic one - quite unhelpful staff and the tour itself was shambles - We were picked up earlier than we were told (asked to be in reception to be collected any time between 7 and 7.45 he turned up at 6.40!) and were only just ready, it took 1 hr 45 to get to the boat (should have been a half hour journey max) as the driver had no idea where to go, countless phone calls on his mobile (whilst driving) and several stops along the way where he would get out and have a shouting match down the phone with someone, we drove around and around the marina for about 40 mins before eventually stopping and having to wait for someone else to find us and lead the way to the boat, the food on board was pretty basic and cold. I advise you book with one of the other tour companies if you want to get out and about.
Would happily return to this hotel or recommend it to a friend on the basis of value and location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ggmon76
Dear ggmon76

It is important to us to receive such positive feedback.

I am sorry to hear your journey to the boat took such a long time, I will look into this issue and find out what had caused the delay.

nigeria
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed in Landmark Riqqa last years october with my wife. i booked a junior suite for 8 nights, but was upgraded to an executive suite which was extra-ordinarily comfortable. the location is close to shopping malls, eateries, metro and currency exhange.

because of my first experience, i went back for one week in december last year and its the same treatment.

i would recommend Landmark Riqqa to all that requires privacy, comfort and proximity to the city center.

there is even a tour operator within the hotel.

Room Tip: Last floor rooms have more city views and less noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank muktar2534
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Muktar2534

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with your wife in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in December 2011. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay with your wife. It is great to see our team was there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

It is important to us to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our hotel again in the very near future.