“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #332 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Seoul, South Korea
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Landmark Riqqa in February of 2011. We took the metro from the airport (only 2 or 3 stops away I believe) and walked down in order to get more of a feel for the city. It was within decent walking distance, and with some help from a few locals we were able to see it just off the main street. We were upgraded for free to a beautiful suite, and the room was amazing. Flat screen TV, giant bed, another room with another TV and couches, and the bathroom had both a shower and large bathtub (separate from each other). The front desk staff was pretty helpful as well, and the tour we booked through them was cheaper than some of the things I found online prior to arriving to Dubai.

The buffet breakfast that was included was also pretty good... Lots of options. As for location, it's pretty close to a mall and many American type fast food restaurants like burger king, pizza hut, etc. The close proximity to the metro was also nice, except for the fact that the metro is closed on Friday's until 2PM!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NoelPeek
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear NoelPeek

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in February 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well most of my team looked after you and your family and we were able to make your Holiday more enjoyable. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests.

Thank you for your great comments regarding our food selection for breakfast, I have passed on your comments to our Head Chef who will definitely look into this matter.

Landmark Hotels and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I had a memorable stay in the Landmark Riqqa. Upon check in, the receptionist offered to transfer me to their new hotel for free (just across the road) which I found was not necessary.

My room had two single beds, a large flat screen, a comfy couch, desk and I was delighted to find a bath tub in the bathroom. Everything was spotless, the interior warm and elegant. I liked it so much that I spend more than the usual amount of time in my hotel room.

The restaurant offers a mix of everything, but predominantely Chinese cuisine. The Veggie burger with fries and salad was just what I needed after a long and exhausting day. Food was delicious but I wished the waiters had been more attentive. One completely ignored me, I had to get the menu myself and then he let me sit and wait until I lost my patience and left hungry.

You can book tours at the travel desk beside the reception. I booked a hot air balloon flight over the desert last minute (literally, as it was for the following morning and the travel desk was just about to close). The young lady made no fuss in calling the organiser immediately and reserving my place.

The hotel has a swimming pool and gym which I did not make use of. It's a 15 mins walk to the nearest bus stop of the Hop On Hop Off Tour Bus (opposite Riveria Hotel).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank UrbanMoose
Dear UrbanMoose

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in March 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

Thank you for your great comments regarding our food selection for breakfast and lunch, I have passed on your comments to our Head Chef who will definitely look into this matter. Regarding the team member who ignored you I do apologize for this and will look into why this happened.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located near 3 metro stations, Baniyas Square (green) Al Rigga (red) and Union (green and red line). When we checked in we were upgraded to a junior suite. There was a door to a neighbour in our room that wasn't soundproofed, heard every step. The rooftop pool was pretty small and cold. Good breakfast buffet but poor selection of bread. The bathroom had a pretty good shower and there was a safe in the room. Don't forget to buy your own beer at the airport taxfree to put in the minibar. Overall we had a nice stay at Rigga.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DIF1891
Dear DIF 1891

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding you and your family recent stay in March 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

Thank you for your comments regarding our selection of breads in our breakfast, I have passed on your comments to our Head Chef who will definitely look into this matter.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Really enjoyed our 8 night stay at the Landmark Riqqa Hotel. Great location with the quietness of Al Jazeera Street, but only two minutes walking distance away from the main Rigga Road with multiple eating outlets not to mention the extremely convenient supermarkets also. Great room service was provided, found our room service person Ram really helpful.Just have to say the room contained lamps but was still very dark, was disadvantageous when getting ready to go out at night and can't properly see what you look like!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Fatimah D
Dear Fatimah D

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well most of my team looked after you and your family especially Ram from our housekeeping team and we were able to make your Holiday more enjoyable. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests.

Thank you for your comments regarding the lights in your room, I have instructed my engineering team to look into this and solve this issue.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Landmark Riqqa in the near future.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Good location in old part of Dubai, 15 mins/25 DHS taxi from airport. 2 minutes to shopping mall, 4 minutes to Union metro station. Walking distance to river, 10DHS taxi drive to Souk.
Room equiped as expected, no problems.
Cleaning average, no major issues, still may be improved.
Good breakfest, modified every day, good choice, all items available untill closing time at 10AM
Small, clean pool on the roof, but very cold water (end of Feb).
I would rate the hotel higher, BUT, we had several issues during check-in/check-out
Check in - we arrived at 15.10 PM. As per booking.com, room should be ready by 2PM, still, we had been told room is not ready yet, we must wait extra half hour. Since I did not wait a minute, I had to argue a bit, they give us a room immediately, upgrading us to suite room at rate of standard room - OK for solution, but still, if I did not argue, I had to wait.
Another problem - payment. They want me to pay for my 4 nights stay in advance. Once I have refused to pay in advance, they told that they will keep my passport untill check out.. - no comment..
Another issue during check-out. I settled my bill in evening before check-out as we had morning flight so I do not need to wait in reception in morning. When we came in the morning to recpetion to check out, they told us we must wait some minutes before they will check the room!!! No way, I grab my bags and have left - still this is something I have never seen at any other hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms facing to two sides. One face to a street that was quite bussy so you may be disturbed by the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Skopik

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our brand new Landmark Riqqa Hotel in February 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a good stay, but could of been better.

I was very sorry to read that during your check in and check out you experienced some unfortunate issues. With regards to check in all guests are asked for a pre authorization of their credit card or a cash deposit is taken. I am afraid this is common practice in almost 99% of hotels around the world. We do hope this did not cause you to much of offence. I can understand your frustration regarding the check out as you were in a hurry to leave for your flights, hence you settling your bill the night before, however there are procedures my team do still need to conduct, like checking the mini bar for consumption before check out, however my team do need to make sure this procedure is done in a timely manner. I will definitely look into all your comments and see how we can streamline our procedures which will impact our guests less.

I am very glad you found our rooms comfortable and you enjoyed our international buffet breakfast in the mornings.

As a new hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your comments and hope that when you are back in Dubai you will stay with us once again.

We look forward to welcoming you and all your family back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Landmark Hotels and Suite
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed in hotel for four nights in February 2012. Location is very good, it is walking distance to souks of Deira etc, but there are also three Metro stations within 500-600metres (Red and Green lines) from hotel. There are lots and lots of fast food restaurants, cafes and restaurants near hotel.
Staff was very helpful and they made everything to make our stay pleasant. Rooms were always clean.
Breakfast buffet is huge; it has many varieties (indian, european etc food) every morning and it is not same every morning.
Swimming pool at roof top is not very big, but it is adequate for some sun bathing and getting oneself wet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kuusimaki
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear JGrFinland

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding you and your family recent stay in February 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

Our location is fantastic as you rightly have mentioned, we are right in the heart of Dubai with only walking distance to wonderful shopping and the new metro stations, getting around Dubai has never been this easy. I am so pleased you enjoyed all the shopping facilities here in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Landmark Riqqa in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed for a week with one friend. Hotel is very conveniently located just a few mins away from three different metro stations, one of them serving both lines. Also next to two shopping centres and a whole load of places to eat!

We arrived late due to delayed flights and were given room key straight away with no hassle. Unfortunately we were given a double room instead of a twin but reception sorted that out and swapped us over to a twin room the following morning. Rooms were a good size, I think the twin is slightly bigger than the double though. Big windows let in all the sun Dubai has to offer, room gets a little dark at night as there's only lamps, no main light, but we were out till 2/3am every day anyhow so we only went back to sleep. Our hot water kept going on and off the last few days so having a shower was a bit of a mission. No coffee maker i the room which would have been nice. Also needs to invest in new ironing boards - they aren't in the rooms so you call housekeeping for one &it was broken &the mesh print of the board kept getting burnt into my clothes!

Never ate any meals at the hotel so can't comment on food, but it always smelled tasty when I was walking through the lobby!

Only major complaing i have is one housekeeping guy was very rude! We'd only been at the hotel one day and had slept in late, so he knocked at around 1pm to clean our rooms when we were getting ready, told him to come back, &he told us to go away and finish getting ready later! Then he came back about an hour later, I told him come back in 15mins and he shook his head and said "that's not good enough". Certainly not how i expect to be spoken to, specially since when we left the room he was still on the floor doing all the other rooms anyway.

Overall, hotel is conveniently located and it's a decent place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ashy_275
Dear Ashy_275

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding you and your friends recent stay in January 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well most of my team looked after you and your friends and we were able to make your Holiday more enjoyable. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests.

I am sorry though you felt one member of my team was rude to you and for that I truly apologize to you. I am sure this was an one off incident and I will investigate this with our Head Housekeeper as this is certainly not our normal standard.