“Value for money, but only if you book online”

Landmark Hotel Riqqa
Ranked #329 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 4, 2012

If I had to pay the walk in price of 1,000AED per night for a standard room I would have been annoyed. However, booking on booking.com got me the relative bargain of 450AED per night in the middle of Feb, which is one of the busiest months.

You can't fault the hotel room (good nights sleep with adequate bathroom), or the staff (friendly and helpful). The breakfeast is just straight out awful. Everything that was cooked looked like it had come from a chef preparing meals for a flight. There was a reasonable selection of fruit and breads which counters that.

The area is in the central business district, which isn't great if you want a beer, or somewhere a bit more refined to eat. If Nando's and KFC is your thing, then this is right up your alley. There are 2 malls nearby, one is 'Reef Mall'. This is the worst mall I've seen in Dubai.

I wouldn't stay here again as I didn't like the area. The Premier Inn hotel by the airport is far better with a great atmosphere in the restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kiwisaf

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is the best stay I have had in Dubai. I have stayed at various different hotels in the past, but this is the greatest. The staff members: Ahmed Ibrahim, Maria and Mushtaq are definitely the best of their jobs. I enjoyed their friendly and refreshing attitude. They were always professional and courteous at all times. I will recommend staying at this hotel for many reason, but the 3 people I named above--make me want to go back again and stay. Overall execellent stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear BigTex_Sat

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in January 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well my team looked after you and you especially Ahmed, Ibrahim, Maria and Mushtaq. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Landmark Riqqa in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

for christmas holiday we stayed in this hotel for 5nights the location was ideal and the service was so acceptable in comparison to the price we paid.all in all we had a great holiday plus good shopping especially in abuzabi.being in dubai make sure you take part in a desert tours which is great fun.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Mohager

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding you and your families recent stay in December 2011 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well my team looked after you and your family and we were able to make your Christmas more enjoyable. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests

Our location is fantastic as you rightly have mentioned, we are right in the heart of Dubai with only walking distance to wonderful shopping and the new metro stations, getting around Dubai has never been this easy. I am so pleased you enjoyed all the shopping facilities here in Dubai.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Located in the original main street of dubai it gives visitors a better appreciation of local life.the hotel itself is well presented and not somewhere to spend days relaxing, pool is small and poolside cramped.staff were extremely helpful although travel desk less so, subsequently learnt he rented the space. Metro close by giving easy access to areas of Dubai.rooms very clean, good buffet breakfast

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Kaf51

Dear Kaf51

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with friends in January 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well my team looked after you and your family. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests

I am truly sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident with the travel desk inside our hotel and there team. I will definitely speak to the owner of the company as this is certainly gives a poor reflection on our hotel.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

From the time you arrive,the staff are very friendly,don't bother with breakfast because it is bit of free for all,but don't that put u off,swimming pool quite small and not many loungers,overall 7 /10

• Stayed: January 2012
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Oldstables 1954

Thanks for your comments. It is very pleasing to hear such lovely comments regarding your recent stay in January 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

Regarding our breakfast buffet in our main restaurant, our opening times are from 7am to 10.00am, unfortunately most of our guests seem to come down at the same time around 9am this adding to the congestion around the buffet area. We hope this did not disrupt your stay in any way.

I am very glad that overall you had a good stay.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

As a whole, we really enjoyed our stay at the Landmark hotel. The close location to the metro is essential if you don't want to travel by taxi all the time, this is important as distances are great and ques are troublesome at times.
The breakfast was average and our greatest concern. There was no live station but we learned on the last day that you could order any eggs you liked at no extra cost. Great!!! But I would have liked some sign stating this to us so we could have benefited from it during our stay.
The reception was really helpfull and serviceminded but lacked tourist knowledge which was a letdown.
We were lucky enough to be offered a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite which is always appreciated. The room was very spatious and airy which we enjoyed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Apollo
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Dear Stefan L

I am truly sorry to hear about the miscommunication regarding the breakfast and our egg menu. Unfortunately we do not have a live station in the restaurant due to the size of our restaurant, however as you mentioned we will prepare fresh eggs from our kitchen. I have passed on your comments to the F&B Manager who will certainly look into this.

I am very glad that overall you had a wonderful stay at our hotel, and my team were able make it more memorable especially the complementary room upgrade to our fantastic junior suite.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in the beginning of December 2011 as a quick stopover on the way to Europe. After a 14-hour flight we arrived in Dubai at 5am, we doubted that we would be able to check-in and go to our room because the check-in time was 10am. The receptionist who served us kindly found us a room at 5:30am with no excess charge, we were very grateful. The room was very nice and clean, perfect for quick refreshment before continuing our journey. This hotel was a great choice for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RL95

Dear RL95

Thanks for your comments. It is great you hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent short stopover in December 2011 at our Landmark Riqqa property.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well my team looked after you and your family. I am pleased to see that we were able to give you this early check - in, especially as you were traveling on the very next day.

I am very glad that overall you had a wonderful stay at our hotel, and my team were able make it more memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Landmark Riqqa in the near future.