“Good comfortable stay”

Ranked #180 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
New Delhi
“Good comfortable stay”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The staff was friendly. They upgraded us to the executive suite, which was great! It was very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was good but the menu was same for all the five days. Wi Fi was very slow in the room. The location was ok with metro at walking distance but no great views around. The view from the suite was not worth.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quiet. View although is not good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Spacesmonica
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Spacesmonica,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai, UAE in the near future.

Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in Christmas period. when i arrived the bellboy was very friendly. fast check in with no intro to the place. The card for the doors has a serious problem. I do not remeber one day to come back to the hotel and the card was working. So I had to go to the reception again and ask for a new card. The food was pretty good both for breakfast and luch. The service is poor but smily people..(thats good). Last thing but the most important during the check out, the bellboy came to the room to collect the suitcases. I placed my ipod on the external pocket of my suitcase in order to use when i will arrive at the airport. The bellboy used another elevetor and when i arrived at the airport i realized that my Ipod dissapeared. I called right way to the hotel but there was no chance to find it.. :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank GeorgeCool
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear GeorgeCool,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Dubai.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

for a short trip and specially for a good price, the hotel can be ideal in Dubai.
Compared to the luxuary standing of the other hotels in Dubai, holiday can be the best for small budget, clean and especially good entertainement for single people

Room Tip: small budget, nice stay
1 Thank rghr
Dear rghr,

Manila
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here 5 nights back in March 2013. We were travelling on a package tour from the Philippines. It's a budget hotel, with good rooms but poor taste of food. I didn't like the restaurant's food, they all tasted arabian (might be biased, because I like Asian food instead) The rooms are nice and good, modern and clean, as if new. Location is not that good since it is far from the central business district, tourist spots and malls of Dubai, but it doesn't matter anyway because cabs are available all over Dubai and there is no traffic there. From Dubai Mall, it takes 20 mins to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank irenehungpang
Dear Irene Hungpang,

Burtonsville, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My company selected this hotel for a two-week business trip and I would definitely stay there again if I visit Dubai again:

- Hotel staff exceptionally attentive, professional, courteous, with an obvious desire to provide the best experience possible
- Join Holiday Inn Priority club before arriving and that will provide free wireless Internet and 2 bottles of water daily
- Wonderful breakfast buffet including Arabic, Indian, American foods: breads, fruits, cereals, eggs, curries, rice, omelett bar, variety of juices, coffee, tea, meats, potatoes, foul moudamas, beans
- Fast room service with excellent food
- Concierge desk wasn't always manned, but a smaller concierge "podium" closer to the front desk was virtually always attended. They were exceptionally helpful with luggage, messages, booking Burj Al Arab reservations (cannot get on that property without at least a coffee/tea reservation), etc.
- Pool on roof level
- Comfortable meeting rooms (sometimes a bit too chilly, actually)
- My room had two queen size beds and was quite large and modern
- Bank with 24-hour ATM access across the street (front desk will exchange US dollars and Dirhams, but a bit more costly)
- 2 blocks from Burjuman metro station and Burjuman shopping center, with taxis coming by the hotel itself regularly
- Big Bus tour has kiosk/stop outside of Burjuman shopping center
- 2 blocks from American embassy and other embassies are just beyond
- 3 blocks from one of the water taxi stops on The Creek
- 5 minute taxi ride from the Dubai Museum, Bur Dubai Old Souk
- 10-25 minute taxi ride from all main attractions: Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Mall of Dubai, Emirates Mall, Jumeirah Beach, Jumeirah Mosque, Palm Jumeirah/Atlantis, Deira Old Souk, Deira Gold Souk
- Our longest taxi ride to Burj Al Arab was just over 50 Dirhams (approximately US$17)

A few less than perfect items that should be mentioned but I feel that the customer service and location far outweigh these:

- Bathtub/shower had a partition/wall that extended only half the length of the tub to keep water in. This led to quite a bit of water splashing onto the floor. I mentioned this to the front desk when we checked out and they were apologetic and said they would have engineering look at it.
- The center court dining room is very open/airy and beautiful, but with the glass roof can be quite hot. Look for a spot with some shade (there are a few). However, we were checking out on May 22 and they had just placed a canvas cover over the roof for the upcoming hotter summer months and it was not quite as hot.
- There wasn't an easy way to just grab a quick soda/juice/coffee "to go". I didn't go into the clubs and perhaps one could have been purchased there. The counter near the gift shop had some drinks displayed but when I tried to buy one the gift shop attendant referred me to the restaurant, who suggested I order room service because they didn't have take out containers. When I pointed to the displayed juices/sodas in the counter, they did go over and pull one out for me, but it seemed to be more complicated than it should have been.
- There were always a couple of flies in the dining room while eating. The room was very clean so this may just be a fact of desert life.
- Very small, crowded, hot gift shop. There are a few nice items and some necessities, but almost impossible to see them for the crowded conditions.
- I'm not sure any room would have a great view. It's not a tall hotel (5 stories) and it is surrounded by other buildings and has construction going on out front. However, I'm not sure this would be any different in any other hotel except for the tallest ones in the city.
- Clubs/construction go on until about 4am in Dubai. We were on second floor on the front of the hotel and the noise was more in the background, but I think 3rd floor may have been better.

NOTES ON DUBAI ITSELF:

- Very safe city. I took my 23- and 19-year old daughters with me, who are both experienced world travelers, and I was comfortable letting them take the metro to the malls/beach and other public locations. There is very little crime.
- Taxis are all metered and very reasonable. A couple times we wondered if a "longer way" was being taken, but it turns out that due to one-way roads or other similar issues, these were always legitimate routes. In my opinion, there is no need to worry about the honesty of the taxi drivers.
- Landmarks seem to be a better way to instruct taxi drivers or to ask directions. Street names don't seem to be the common method. "Near Burjuman Station", "a block from the American Embassy", etc.
- Friday is the country's holy day. Many things are closed or open at 4:00pm. Ask before going on Fridays.
- My daughters and I were careful to have our shoulders and knees covered, and with that, felt very comfortable. We had wondered about open-toed shoes/sandals, but those weren't a problem at all. Bikinis were being worn at the hotel pool and at the beach, and we saw many women wearing shorts and tank tops/spaghetti straps, but we, personally, were more comfortable avoiding those.
- Sunday is women/children only day at Jumeirah Beach (perhaps other beaches as well)
- The busiest time of day starts after 4pm, when it starts to get cooler. Many things, including construction, clubs, restaurants, don't really get going until then and may last until 4am.
- We were there May 8-22 and the highs ranged from 92F-106F. We understand that it is consistently even hotter in June, July, and August.
- Must have a reservation for tea or a meal to get onto the Burj Al Arab property. We used the concierge at the hotel to make reservations for afternoon tea. It was expensive, but worth it for a one-time experience with my daughters. Seven light courses, two-and-a-half hours. I happened to use a MasterCard to pay and the server came back and said that by using MasterCard we were given a 20% discount. I don't know if that was a short promotion or what, but worth noting.
- "Desert Safari" was a wonderful value. We used ABC Tours and I would highly recommend them. We had a coupon from the back of a "Discovering Dubai" book we were given by housekeeping the first night we checked in, and so it was 112Dirhams each (approx US$35). Some colleagues used some other companies for the desert safaris and didn't have quite as good of an experience (a Nissan used on the dunes rather than a Land Cruiser, for instance).
- When leaving the country, we had gone through airport security and I purchased two bottles of water to take on the plane. However, at the gate itself, there was another security screening which included having our carry-ons searched and no water was allowed beyond that point, even though it was purchased in the airport behind the typical security check-point. I drank one bottle right there but the other one was taken.

Room Tip: Higher floor probably better. We could hear the base from the clubs until about 4am, but it was basi...
7 Thank sherri999
Dear Sherri999,

Sydney
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A nice clean, modern hotel in a reasonable location. Staff were helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean and looked quite modern. Breakfast was fine with good variety and breakfast room was spacious and airy.
Would go back again for a night or two.

2 Thank tholland55
Dear Tholland55,

Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my first visit to Dubai and I am glad I chose this hotel. I was upgraded to a larger room and the service was great. All of the people there were very nice and helpful. We did not experience any noise or problems of any kind.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor were good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple