Ranked #182 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Dnepropetrovsk
“My trip”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were taken to the hotel 26,12,12 around 10 pm. The staff is very kindly met us. Explained everything and told where and what to be. Were surprised that the room light is turned on, before we realized that it is necessary to insert a plastic card in the hole and it should always be there. At the top of the hotel is the pool, also has a sports hall and a massage room. All for free. The rooms are cozy and always clean. Every day, two free bottles of water and coffee, tea bags with tea. Air conditioning is regulated somehow. Curtains are very dense, opened the morning and it was very much pronounced. Decorated with elegant. Towels were changed every day and bring gels and shampoos. I want to acknowledge the work of the staff! I liked the staff our reception! We explained everything, gave subway map and attractions, called machine were things called lift.
Food at the hotel to choose from - a buffet. All delicious and varied. As are buses from the hotel to the beaches.
In general, all you need to refine and gladly tell all. Located 2 minutes from the metro. A station only 4-5 stops to the Dubai Mall.
I liked everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anast N
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Anast N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai in the near future.

Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here on a corporate trip for 3 nights. the location, service and food - all are awesome. Metro is 2 minutes away and markets are just a walking distance. Fantastic place to stay alone or with family.

Room Tip: Prefer a room on the front side to get the road side view which is more happening.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nidhi G
Dear Ms. Nidhi G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - District Embassy, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delevering great service and product.

Holiday Inn Bur Dubai
Badalona, Spain
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Near located to Burjuman Metro Station. Rooms are well decorated, good breakfast, high speed Wifi, a good gym and last but not least, a good price !
I left a wallet in the lobby for more than 1 hour and I returned to find it, a very good trustful staff.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank miguelgarcialop
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District in the near future.

Dubai
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A pretty looking hotel from the inside well designed and natural lighting in most areas. Generous sized rooms, great gym, good pool and pool bar although it was under reconstruction when i was there it looks like it will be very good when finished. All the staff are very helpful, the restaurant staff especially.
This is not situated in a classy area of Dubai but a perfect location for old town therefore a slightly cheaper area, a lot of holiday tour groups use this hotel probably due to the cheaper location. This is not the place for a beach holiday and certainly not the place for high quality night life, sadly it is situated close to the more seedy areas of Dubai.
In terms of time to get nice night spots places it is 20 mins by taxi or metro to Shk Zaid Road, 30-40 mins from Dubai Marina where the most of the good spots are. "My tip would be If you are here solely for the night life then choose another hotel".
The hotel it self has 3 nightclubs Philipino, indian and Arabic non are quality but all are buzzing and very popular at night. The noise can be overwhelming at the weekend even in your rooms, beware of this when you check in - ask for a quiet room. Front side has a lot of construction noise and mosque but no music, inner court yard has restaurant clinking until late at night and very little mobile phone coverage it is also lacking natural light. Left back side is most quiet. Reception are very helpful and they will help if they can.
The breakfast is great if you like Indian food there is a huge selection of Indian choices try their Masala tea its really nice. For those of us including myself who would prefer a more european fare there is also a central cooking area where the Chef Mavindra is happy to make anything you want as long as it includes eggs,

Room Tip: At the weekend where ever you will be will be noisy but back LHS seems to be the best. Noise can be...
1 Thank EmmanuelleDubai
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear EmmanuelleDubai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for one night but my experience was very good. The rooms were wonderful and there was a rooftop pool that was great to lounge by. While I didn't use it, there was a shuttle service to the beach. The hotel is so close to the metro it was very easy to just hop on and go wherever we needed to go. Wish I could've stayed here longer.

1 Thank bengalc
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Arizona City, Arizona
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I checked into the Holiday inn Bur Dubai because I had to take my girlfriend to the airport at 2am so she could catch her flight at 4. The Hotel Lobby was looking a bit worn but I wanted to give the Hotel a chance. And I must say the room was ok except for the shower handle coming off in my hand when I turned on the water. But thats not really my beef with this hotel. I am a priority one member with the hotel chain and am entitled to free Internet when I check in. I tried to get online and couldn't. Kept asking me to log in and choose a payment option. I called the front desk and asked what was up and why I couldn't log in. They said they would call me back. 2 hours later not a word. Tried to log in, even clicked on the pay button and no dice, I called and repeated what I asked the first time. Again I was told they would call me back. In the meantime there was a constant beep coming from the room next door and we were trying to get a little rest before she had to leave. I called again and asked about the beep and what about the internet? AGAIN "We'll call you back"?? we finally fell asleep despite the beep. I got her to the airport and came back with the hope the beep was gone and I could fall asleep. This is now 4am I called one last time about the Internet and when she told me she would call me back I laughed and said Yeah, Right. So at approx. 8:30am I wake to the sound of scraping and hammering and clamoring either in the room next door or in the hallway. By then I was FURIOUS I called and Complained and was told they would look into it. Well, 2 hours later I thew in the towel got dressed stormed down to the lobby and checked out. The manager showed up to hear my complaints to the reception desk. The man had to go to the hotel engineer and ask if there was construction going on next door. He was told MAYBE? What kind of Management doesn't KNOW whats happening in their own Hotel? And the Internet? He had NO Answer. Didn't offer a free breakfast, Nor a discount on the room NOTHING Except "we're sorry" I will NEVER Stay at this lousy Hotel again. NEVER!!!! And I would advise anyone else to STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Just avoid the Hotel altogether
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear livin4luvinlife,

Krysllin G.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was the first time I had used this hotel, which is handily close to the Burjuman Metro station, especially as taxis are often hard to find.
I was put on to the third floor, the executive floor, because I am a Platinum Priority Club member, so my view may not be wholly appropriate for anyone not as blessed. I noted that my wifi was free, but there were options for payment which suggest to me that if I had not been on the Executive Floor I would be charged. No hotel anywhere in this more enlightened age should charge for wifi. It is now totally taboo for business travellers who are rightly incensed when they have to pay for something which costs the hotel nothing.....
The room was very good, large and comfortable, so absolutely no complaints and the staff were very good.
The restaurant offered the expected, but irritating 'beef bacon', while other hotels in Dubai do have a very separated 'pork station' which includes proper bacon. Given that 90% of the guests appeared to be non-Arab, then it is annoying that bacon isn't available at breakfast. But you might argue that it's their country so we have to adapt....fair point.
For dinner, however the same restaurant - there's only one - offers another buffet, although it does have an a la carte menu too. Limited menu on the buffet, but the wine list was awful and the first two choices were 'unavailable'. That is unacceptable and unprofessional. If it's on the menu, whether food or drink, then it should be available.
I found my way to the swimming pool where there was a small bar. Again, the wine on the list wasn't available - twice! - but food was available, although limited in choices. It seemed crazy that such a pleasant area in the evening, when it's cool and balmy, should not be utilized properly. Why not run a barbecue up there occasionally? I didn't even know about the food availability on the roof next to the pool without actually asking: Is there anywhere else to eat?
A little better marketing, brushing up on the wine list and more info in the rooms might do wonders for the hotel's income!

Room Tip: Get yourself on to the third floor if you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Snookoafc1,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G