“No room service room 314”

Ranked #195 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This time i decided to get an executive room to enjoy the suite , however , on two consecutive nights 23rd and tonight 24th calls to room maintenance to get the automatic water tap and sauna working were promised but to one turned up. I even left the door open in case someone came and we couldnt hear him at the door . I have a good executive room which i had to pay for as my request for an upgrade to an executove rpom via email were not replied i have been a Gold member since last 8 years wondering if i should continue staying at holiday inn or move to another loyalty program . I will now get a standard reply , aplogizing blah blah .....

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank AGM-MARTZ
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The good: Very nice spacious room, even the standard room I spent the 5 nights of my tour with Gate1. I came a day early and was upgraded to an executive room for that night as I was a priority club member. I actually preferred the standard room.
I had requested a quiet room and my room was very quiet.
The staff was very pleasant, the location quite near the metro and a major mall, and the elevators were fast and efficient.

The not so good: Taking a shower was always an adventure as the water temperature kept going from warm to cold and back again. If one tried to adjust it, one encountered really hot water. Breakfast was not particularly good, and the coffee was tepid. There was insufficient staff to keep up with clearing and setting tables. Tourism help by the staff was willing but lacking in much knowledge. Wifi was 20AED (about $6) an hour in standard rooms.

The Warning: When I checked in, I was told a hold was placed on my credit card for an amount greater than the room cost to pay for incidentals. This would have been okay, but this is the amount that they put through and charged me. There is no foreign currency conversion fee on my card, and while I should have been charged $212.04, they charged me $220.95. Not a big deal, but you may want to be careful when paying and fully understand what they are charging.

Would I stay again at this hotel? Definitely yes.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oldchemprof_10

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Dubai hotels were pretty full when we were booking and this provided the best combination of value and location at that time. It's location is fine, next to a metro station and only 10 mins to Burj Khalifa and around 25 to Mall of the Emirates. Also only 15 minutes or so to the airport.

Arriving at the hotel at 1.30am, check in was a bit slow but we were upgraded to an executive room which was spacious and pretty well appointed. At this time however, the occupants of the two night clubs in the hotel (an indian club and what looked to be a Philipino one, but not sure) were coming and going....including one colourful Arab chap wearing a white suit, fedora and accompanied by a large African lady. Safe to say that it was a multi-cultural spot!

The hotel bar seemed to be a bit of a sad spot and never had many customers from what I could see and the coffee bar in the lobby was probably best not bothered with at all.....from the looks of what it sold it seems that the hotel feel the same way.

The food? We ordered room service twice and whilst prompt, it was average at best. Breakfast I would say the same. There was an reasonable variety but I didn't think the quality was good enough - not for the prices being charged.

Service however was good in general.and we never had any trouble getting baby bottles sterilised etc. once they understood what we were needing done that is!

I believe there is a pool on the roof but we never made it up there.

Overall I would give this 3.5/5 but seeing as we can't do that here....4 it is. I would go back, but not sure I would at the rate I ended up paying.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are large and nice, room service best avoided
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dufc83Scotland

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

For Holiday Inn standards, this hotel in Dubai is good. However given the high quality expected in the city you can easily find better.

The rooms are fine, if not unspectacular. They are spacious and service around the hotel is generally prompt.

The restaurant is quite nice and is well lit. There can be a problem with flies around the breakfast but the actual spread is nice.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Luke W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I am sorry for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is closer to Dubai metro burjman station located in Khaled ibn Elwaled st. We stay tow nights in large room in the executive floor. As I 'm platinum ambassador I redeem my points at this hotel. The lady and gentleman in the reception welcoming me so great and thanks me three times because be come a platinum member. They upgrade my room to be in the executive floor (4th floor ) which is perfect to comfort and relax. Also I got free Internet. The stuff very friendly and helpful. They smile all time I love them. Breakfast very delicious and tasty. They have free shuttle bus to Dubai outlet mall ( out of Dubai in Dubai - AlAin road). Also they have a free shuttle bus to jumirah beach. This district closer to Britain embassy and USA embassy. You can reach to any where using metro. The nearest mall is burjman mall. You love to shopping. There are many malls in different areas such as mall of emirates, Dubai mall, ibn battuta mall and city first mall. You will find many attractive sights and you will feel like a dream.
This hotel has good location , friendly staff and lovely atmosphere. I will stay again if I back.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mohamed-Salem

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is well positioned close to the metro station and about 20 mins by taxi from the airport. The breakfast was good, with a good range to suit most tastes. The rooms were very nice. Bar was ok including the live entertainment. We did not eat in the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Tea and coffee provided in the room. The roof terrace pool was very good. The area is being developed which is typical of Dubai so don't expect to much from the view (building site) - but there was no issue with noise. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Property is situated at 2 minute walking distance from Burjuman Metro station. Rooms are spacious, clean and are provided with basic ameneties like Tea/Coffee maker, iron and board, safe deposit box etc. Hotel has Gym as well as roof top pool. Please mind that Wi-Fi is paid and is costly. There are three dance bars and Indian one is better. However, you have to settle their bills immediately as it is not added to your room. Breakfast buffet spread is above average and is kept same as there are no variations. Concierge is good but staff in Restuarant is too busy to take care of you. Hospitality is just average as one expect better services from a chain like Holiday Inn. Front office staff is not at all helpful as they hardly care for you. Will never visit the hotel again as there are better options at similar price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the right side of hotel as the view outside is of a shabby building and you need to p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SatinderAhuja
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear SatinderAhuja,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.