“Good property with average services”

Ranked #195 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Property is situated at 2 minute walking distance from Burjuman Metro station. Rooms are spacious, clean and are provided with basic ameneties like Tea/Coffee maker, iron and board, safe deposit box etc. Hotel has Gym as well as roof top pool. Please mind that Wi-Fi is paid and is costly. There are three dance bars and Indian one is better. However, you have to settle their bills immediately as it is not added to your room. Breakfast buffet spread is above average and is kept same as there are no variations. Concierge is good but staff in Restuarant is too busy to take care of you. Hospitality is just average as one expect better services from a chain like Holiday Inn. Front office staff is not at all helpful as they hardly care for you. Will never visit the hotel again as there are better options at similar price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the right side of hotel as the view outside is of a shabby building and you need to p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SatinderAhuja
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear SatinderAhuja,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

jan 11 th to 16th 2013 i stayed in this hotel with family
six nights and seven days i stayed with family .every day is same break fast
in the dining area flies are there even we complaint no body bothers.
i suggest indians not to stay in this hotel .routin break fast they will serve .mood will be off .
they dont know what sought of breakfast to serve .i dont sugest this hotel

patel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank patel93
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear patel93,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by our breakfast menu. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights, great location near the Burjaman centre, 3 minutes walk from the metro station I assume by now you can see this location is perfect for travelling around and seeing the sights of Dubai.
Staff were very friendly, the concierge were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. Being a regular user of the ic hotel chain which ensured I secured a upgraded room which was lovely.
Breakfast covered all tastes with an amazing selection of food.
One negative, the hotel appears to franchise out 2 of the 3 bars and you cannot put any drinks etc on your room bill whilst in these establishments despite them inside the Hotel lobby

Room Tip: Construction can be an issue in Dubai, ask for a internal room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank somby
Mark A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District, nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Lovely hotel. Great service. Good city location. Very central to Metro and buses. Offers hotel shuttle to beach and mall. Well appointed, luxurious and comfortable.
Good beds
Fridge
Safe
Free Wi-Fi in room
Ironing facilities.
Widest range of buffet breakfast option imagineable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Belinda R

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent rooms and food, good service!!.. Excellent manager ( Mr.alexander) that cares about his guests we are so gratefully about his excellent treat, we was a group of 12 and all of us are very pleased about hotel treat.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mile S

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for a night between flights and I thought it was a good chance to catch up on some sleep. I've never been more wrong.

Firstly, I booked using Expedia so my room should have been pre-arranged. However upon arriving I was told I'd have to wait for an hour before my room would be ready. This wait quickly escalated to 2 hours. I sat through a shift change, and after inquiring with the new receptionist, I was informed that my room has been ready for a long time.

Secondly, after finally managing to get in my room and in bed, I fell asleep. Only to be woken up by someone rummaging through the minibar. Note that I was traveling alone. After cursing and switching on the lights, I realized that it was a hotel employee restocking the minibar. While I was sleeping!! His excuse was 'there's no record of this room being occupied in the system.'

Hotel is nicely placed and nicely designed. Average food quality and amazingly close to the airport. However unless the service gets a complete overhaul, I absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear BuntyM,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Location location location...

This is an excellently placed 4 star hotel. It is excellently placed because it is at walking distance to the Creek which is a very nice place to go for a walk, and the metro station as well as the shopping center Burjuman are just around the corner. Unfortunately, around the hotel there is nothing beautiful, just construction zones and boring apartments.

Currently there are 2 construction zones just in front of the hotel, so don't expect a quiet place during the day. They work 7 days a week, and start as early as 8 am (except on Fridays which they seem to start later). As of January 2013, they were digging the foundations, so I am guessing this will go on 2013 and maybe a bit of 2014. So if you are on a tour and expect to start early, that won't be a problem. But if you are on your own and expect to sleep late (and start your day late), you won't be very happy.

The hotel

The hotel is a Holiday Inn, and many things are quite regulated by the chain. The room is quite big, with TV and all the expected amenities. You have the choice of pillows and save, etc.

The hotel has a shuttle service to the outlet mall and to the beach. We did not take them, but we think it is nice to have that service included.

They have a rooftop pool. Don't expect a great view there, its just the buildings around which are not spectacular (And the construction zones).

There are 2 different wall plugs in the room. The lamps are connected to the typical European plug (like the one used in Germany with 2 circles), and the other plugs are the typical British ones. I personally disconnected the lamp to use the European plug and avoided using any adapter.

The food is O.K. and I would say that they do think on pleasing everyone. The food tends to be more Indian than western, yet everyone finds something for sure. After 7 days, I got a bit bored, but that is because I am not used to eat Indian food every day, and they do seem to recycle the food.

There are some negative points that are important for future guests to know to make an informed decision.

1) There are 4 or 5 bars / discos on the first floor. This can be a nightmare if you have a room right above it on the 1st floor.

2) The staff is clueless. This might be a cultural thing, but you expect more from the people on the front desk. You would expect them to know a bit about the city. We wanted to know about the new years celebration... they didn't know anything.

3) If you have your meal or dinner on the restaurant, you might want to have a drink. First of all, from the 7 days we were there, the staff only approached us 3 times to ask if we wanted to order something, then you get whatever you ordered and they won't ask again, you have to call them which is not easy because they are not always there. Then you have to pay cash whatever you have on that day which makes you to have enough money to be able to pay them. We really do not understand why can't you charge the beverages to the room, it would be easier and they would sell more.

4) There is an inherent lack of pro activeness. There was a lamp that was flickering in our bathroom. The first day, we tolerated it and thought: well, the maid will notice it and have it fixed. To our surprise, nothing happened, so I had to inform the reception about it and then they changed it. (I mean, it is no big deal, its not a luxury hotel where I expect high quality, but Holiday Inn can do better).

5) The reception took our passport and did not give it back until the end of our stay. I mean, if they want some kind of deposit, they should ask for a credit card. And if the government requires them to do so, they should say it. Anyway, I don't like to loose control of my passport. So you should at least tell them to make a copy of it for you to carry. (We were never asked for the passport or anything on the street, but just in case)

In summary.
I took a group trip, so I don't know how much it costed, so I guess it is a good place to stay. The restaurant has its minus points and the service is a bit rusty, yet the location is quite decent.

Room Tip: It is very very very important to get a room which is as far away as possible to the disco if you wa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JCGarza
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear JCGarza,