“Amazing Dinner 🥘 🍴 🍽 ”

Doors Freestyle Grill
Reserve a Table
Ranked #13 of 11,557 Restaurants in Dubai
Neighborhood: Umm Hurair 1
Description: Doors Freestyle Grill is a high-end restaurant nestled against the stunning backdrop of Al Seef Dubai Creek. Doors blends urban sensuality with traditional classics to bring an exceptional dining experience to Dubai. Inspired by the world’s best gastronomies, the restaurant is a subtle twist to a modern-day freestyle grill and steakhouse, set within a stylish and sophisticated ambiance.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thank You Atif for wonderful dining and entertain our Kids The Food quality is very good and all so tasty ! In short time prepair the team our dinner. See You soon

Date of visit: June 2019
DoorsFreestyleGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Doors Freestyle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello sergiuss2017, thanks very much for your recommendation and 5 star review about your recent family visit to Doors Dubai!

We're delighted to learn your family enjoyed your visit and found our food so tasty!

Thank you once again and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

this restaurant is beyond in everything food quality, friendly staff and atmosphere... it was my husband’s birthday and I asked for cake and beautiful set up and actually everything was amazing ... also Madina the girl who I did the reservation with was so helpful and friendly and she was waiting for me there to check everything ... overall unforgettable experience :)
highly recommended !!

Date of visit: June 2019

Hello ing_zainy, thank you kindly for your wonderful 5 star rating and recommendation of our fusion steakhouse restaurant.

We're delighted to know we met your expectations and your husband enjoyed his birthday celebration and cake.

We also appreciate your compliments about Medina our front of house supervisor.

Thank you for mentioning our efficiency and set-up, we appreciate your feedback and look forward with pleasure to welcoming you again soon to Doors Freestyle Grill!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited Doors on our recent trip to Dubai. It was to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary so wanted to go somewhere exclusive but at the same time served excellent food - I have to say categorically we were not disappointed on both fronts.

We were served by Atef throughout who was very friendly, gave excellent recommendations and knew the right balance of when to approach.

I had the Lamb Asado which was recommended by Atef and hands down this was the best piece of meat I have ever had. It was literally melt in your mouth and believe me I have tried a few places. My wife had lamb chops which was equally nice. It was also really cool in how they would conduct the final presentation before serving you the food.

The restaurant itself is beautiful and very large. As it was quiet, Atef even gave us a tour of the whole place along with the kitchen which was amazing throughout.

Overall, next time you are in the Al Seef region or Dubai itself, I would highly recommend visiting Doors.

Date of visit: June 2019
DoorsFreestyleGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Doors Freestyle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Hello Islamic_Traveller, thanks very much for writing your review and we're delighted to know you and your wife enjoyed your recent visit to Doors for your 10th wedding anniversary.

We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed lamb dishes and that Atef provided you with good service.

Thank you for mentioning the atmosphere at beautiful Al Seef destination and your guided tour around our steakhouse restaurant.

We appreciate all your comments and look forward with pleasure to welcoming you to visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food and and ambience. The restaurant serves delicious dishes. I ordered Pomegranate salad, Iskander, Beef Peda, Baklawa and Ice cream. All tasted great. I thank Vince and rest of the staff for their service.
Definitely coming back.

Date of visit: June 2019
DoorsFreestyleGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Doors Freestyle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Hello 461saifa, thank you very much for your wonderful review and 5 star rating. We're delighted you enjoyed your visit to Doors!

Thank you for mentioning the dishes you ordered so that other guests can understand the cuisine we are serving!

We highly appreciate your thanks and compliments towards our team and look forward with pleasure to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

After reading all these fantastic reviews here we went yesterday there instead of going to Nus-ret Steakhouse. We wanted to try something new.

Atmosphere:
When we arrived we wanted to sit outside. Beautiful designed tables, nice candles, looks stunning. As it’s now really warm also in the evening they placed huge A/C vents outside. As there is not enough space, those vents are literally in front of your table blowing you away.

There was a clarinet player with a live performance. The sound system has an issue so that the loudspeaker were screaming and you could not understand your own words.

Hence we moved inside. The music in this otherwise beautiful restaurant was very loud. We were unable to understand each other. So we asked to turn down the music a bit which they did.

At some stage (because of live cooking I guess) the fire alarm went off for a few min. I have not heard any sound more penetrating before. Once the managed to off the alarm, they opened the doors to the restaurant (to get fresh air inside) which resulted that it got really warm. The AC was not strong enough to combat the warm air. Our beautiful evening was gone.

Service:

The staff was friendly and tried to convince us to take their most expensive dishes. Which is normal. When we ordered we told them to please let us eat the starters first and then later once finished please bring the main course.

Of course that did not happen. We just took two bites of the starter when the main course arrived. Advising of the fact that we were not ready and our wish during we ordered nothing was done. So the main course literally was left at the table to get cold during we ate the starters.

Presentation of food:

They really to their best to present the food nice. The live preparation of the food at the table is nice and they give a great effort to do something people enjoy.

Taste of the food:

A.) Pomegranate salad:

This dish was the best of the evening. Very delicious. A great surprise. With the home made bread a nice combination.

B.) Five senses burger:

The waiter strongly recommended this dish. It looked great in the menu. Unfortunately when it came to the table I was disappointed. See the pictures please between how it’s in the menu and how it comes to the table. They best on this dish was the lamb chop. Whoever ate at the “Five guys” burger restaurant down the road knows what a great burger taste like.

The burger was dry (no sauce whatsoever) and the fries spicy. There was a small bowl of mayo and ketchup though. I mean, really?

C.) Tenderloin in a salt crust

My wife first wanted the nice in the menu looking 3 pcs of striploin. There was this beautiful picture of 3 pcs. The waiter told us that this is not how it comes to the table and it would only be one piece of 150gr. Too small for one person. My wife asked him that when it is too small, why do you have it then as a main course? He smiled. She then took the tenderloin 250 gr in the salt crust.

Again the presentation beautiful. It comes to the table in a burning salt crust. Expecting something really nice, they cut it and then fry it at the table in butter as it’s only rare when it comes out of the salt crust.

The taste was “good” but I am very honest nothing special.

In general I saw also at the other tables that they are using a huge amount of butter for everything. Every dish I saw them prepare was soaked in butter. A easy way to give some taste to average meat.

We were not offered any dessert, tea or coffee so we ordered the bill. The waiter came to ask me how was the burger. I told him ok-ish. The said only ok-ish? I said yes. Then no more conversation.

Summary:

A beautiful looking restaurant at a great location with an “ok” taste. Who ever was before at Nus-ret steakhouse and knows the taste of really great meat I’ll heavily be disappointed here. I wish we would have invested the nearly 1000 AED at Nus-ret. you can clearly see that Doors tries to copy Nusret. Starting from the way they prepare at the table until the nearly copy of the menu. But it is what it is. Not an alternative. Just a copy.

2  Thank Mena_Traveller
DoorsFreestyleGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Doors Freestyle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Mena_Traveller, thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed review about your recent visit to Doors Freestyle Grill located within Al Seef, alongside Dubai’s historic creek. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed our beautiful location.

We sincerely apologise for the minor inconveniences which we sorted out for you promptly during your visit.

Thank you very much for complimenting our waiters and the way in which we prepare and serve our guests at their table side. We are pleased to learn you appreciated the efforts made by our team.

May we also thank you for your feedback about our dishes. Our serving sizes are in keeping with other steakhouses as our discerning guests will expect and for which we make every effort to ensure satisfaction. In fact at Doors we go one step further and on the odd occasion a guest dislikes his chosen dish, we are always ready and willing to exchange for another to their liking.

Our prime quality meat produce is sourced from responsible farms located across the globe and we thank you for appreciating the beautiful presentation and taste.

We would like to mention that Doors Dubai is our 3rd restaurant opening and with two more restaurants located in China, we are already a well known and established brand. We have no desire nor intent to copy Nus-ret.

Thank you very much for all your feedback and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you to Doors again soon.