“Rubbish customer service.. ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Byblos Hotel Dubai

Byblos Hotel Dubai
Ranked #297 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Rubbish customer service.. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights, convenient for us as we were looking to visit the Knowledge Village (located just minutes away).

The hotel is about 20 minutes from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and 30 minutes from Al Maktoub Airport (DWC). Also within 20 minutes drive is Mall of Emirates, Dubai Mall, The Palm (and Atlantis), Madinat Jumeirah and Burj Al Khalifa.

First impressions of the hotel - friendly staff, clean spacious rooms with a decent view of Burj Al Arab and good facilities. There is an English Bar (Crown & Lion) and a night club (Chameleon Club) located on the ground floor.

I stayed on the 11th floor and I could STILL HEAR THE CLUB MUSIC at 2am! If you are a light sleeper ask for a room on a higher floor.

HOWEVER, I encountered a big problem with the outdoor staff tending the hotel taxis. They are incredibly RUDE they are pushy and they INSIST you take the more expensive hotel Taxi provided instead of normal taxis that are always parked outside the hotel. PLEASE KNOW that the staff LIE and say the price is the same as a normal Taxi. They will charge you FAR MORE. ESPECIALLY TO THE AIRPORT.

When I reported this to the manager she reassured us that something would be done. Instead we waited for a response hours later and NOTHING WAS DONE. No one helped or sorted out this issue. This is terrible customer service.

There are MANY MANY more hotels in the area, do not waste time on such a hotel that does not care for their guests.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ByblosHotelDubai, Byblos Hotel at Byblos Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered with the taxi service.

We constantly strive to provide excellent service to our guests. Your comments are very important to us and will taken very seriously.

We hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting our property in the near future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was there for Dubai Classic golf in Jan-end-Feb start...it was recommended by a friend and it turned out to be cool. Nice food, polite staff... Rooms were nice and comfy. But the best part of the Hotel was its location. Close to the metro station (Internet City is the name of the station) and close to the Emirates Golf Club... so made it great for me. I stayed the whole week (actually 6 days). The pub upstairs is free for residents, though non-residents need to pay... Lot of women from Kyrgyzstan .... Service on first day was not so great, but I met a staffer from India and he was helpful from thereon.... !!! Lucky I guess, but the place is worth the price

Room Tip: Use the Metro from here...convenient to get all Malls...and in general excellent location
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ByblosHotelDubai, Byblos Hotel at Byblos Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write your experience with us at Byblos Hotel.

We are very pleased to know that the location of the hotel was very convenient for you. We also appreciate the nice comments you have about our rooms, the food, and the staff.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in our hotel should your travels bring you back to Dubai and looking forward to hosting you once more.

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Rooms are good. Bed is comfortable. But staff isn´t friendly. Breakfast was ugly. In 14 th floor is a disco. Every day pounding music until three o'clock in the morning. Quieter rooms are in the seventh and sixth floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zdena13
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured that this is not the usual service we practice at Byblos Hotel.

We value your feedback as it helps us in improving our services for our future guests like yourself.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you are coming to Dubai, check this place out. I've no other comparisons to make as this is the only hotel I have stayed in whilst in Dubai. All I can say is that it's luxury and I am very happy to stay here. The staff are mainly Indian and filipino and nothing seems to much trouble. A smile is always present when you meet. My room is always spotless when I return after a hot days graft. Breakfast has loads to offer and the restaurant is always clean. Dubai has plenty to offer so if you are a window cleaner, get out here because the sand coats not only the desert. I would recommend this place based on its attention to service and customer satisfaction and not cost because I don't know the latter. Fortunate for me my company are picking up the tab.
Overall comfy beds tidy rooms polite staff great aircon.
There is a British bar and a nightclub- chameleons on site. Better slip that in before I sign off. Not attended either 'yet'

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you were happy with your recent stay with us at Byblos Hotel. We truly appreciate the positive comments you have for our services and facilities.

We look forward to having the opportunity of extending the same level of hospitality to you once again in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Needed somewhere to stay for a couple of nights at the end of our trip, liked the location of this hotel but was worried that it was too cheap! I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room, small but just like the photo's. Comfortable bed and pillows, so if you need somewhere for a night or two at a reasonable price this is a great choice. On the negative side, slow unwelcoming reception staff, busy and noisy lobby and a general feeling of the whole place being disorganised. Wifi is extra cost which considering the price of the room is OK but the process of getting online was a pain as you had to physically go to reception to get a voucher. Most of the time I rang reception / house keeping there was never an answer, had to call twice and wait 30 mins to get an Iron, when it turned up it had a European plug on it whilst all the plugs in the room were same as UK, so gave up on that! Despite the rubbish service, the good value, location and quality of the room for me still makes this a hotel worth using.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to be away from the noise from the club and bar below.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ByblosHotelDubai, Byblos Hotel at Byblos Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Byblos Hotel Dubai.

We apologized for not meeting your expectations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us in improving our services for our future guests like yourself.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon and provide you a more complete experience.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

The rooms were neat. Room service staff great. Many girls around. Good Pub and disco. Food good for non veggies. My friends told me that it is one of the colourful hotels in Dubai, and I found it correct. Very near to Internet city station.

Room Tip: Choose a room on floor 10 or above or else you wont be able to sleep till 2 AM...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bhaveshkpatel2003
Dear Valued Guest

We are delighted to read your feedback and are glad to know that your stay with us at Byblos Hotel was to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your good remarks and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

vaglio basilicata
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My first experience with hotwire.com has been very bad! I have got a very good rate for this hotel but at the end it was a lot of money for the value! Reception and welcome are quite "cold". Many girls around. And I discovered the reason when I couldn't sleep because of the noise and of the vibration of the window glasses due to the high loudness of the music coming from the night club on the ground floor. I have been claiming with the receptionist. The answer has been: sorry the noise is due to the night club. No problem and no apologies if it was already 3.00am!!!! Unbelievable!
Furthermore the location is not the best. After check-out in the morning I had to wait 15minutes to get a taxi to the airport. The worst experience ever of all my trips to Dubai during the last 15 years. Of course you can understand that I would not recommend this hotel even to my worse enemy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank nummelus

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels