Lowest prices for your stay
$70
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$66
Agoda.com
$61
Hotels.com$70
Priceline$70
Destinia.com$77
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel has a medium-sized, comfortable rooms, some with terrace. Room facilities are good, the service friendly and helpful. But the biggest problem is a very average food at any of the restaurants. Typical mass, hotel meals without any panache. The big advantages: the hotel has a very good pub on the ground floor and extra disco on the 16th floor. Rooms clean. The guests of this hotel are often Russians and Asian nations.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
8  Thank Pawel P
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hotel exterior is very modern and lobby has chic interior decor. Check in very efficient and polite. I share with other TA reports that the rooms are very large and comfortable. Plenty of hanging space and good A?C. My own issues with this hotel are:-
a) the British style pub on ground floor is very seedy and extremely smoky. I went once and could not wait to get out of there.
b) the hotel attracts young GCC men who like to party and think it fun to prowl the corridors at 3am banging on doors and shouting to wake up the guests. I was amazed that the hotel management and security did not intervene.
c) check out was slow and had issues with mini bar useage. I never used this but was charged for items. TIP check this before you leave to prevent this issue.

Service throughout my stay was hit and miss..some days very good and others not so good. Breakfast buffet was ok and plenty of choice. If you like your coffee make it fresh from the machine and not the jugs they bring around. All in all a good short stay.

TIP walk about 4 minutes to Metro and go 2 stops to Mall of Emirates to eat and drink, movies, shop, ski. Return is only 7 dirhams or if 4 people take cab.

Room tip: Floor 6 is an Ok because of the rooftop nightclub which is late opening.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank LONDON_ROBS_1
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a very cheap hotel in Dubai standards, I have actually just booked my second stay for Feb 13..

To summarise it isn't particularly near JBR or Downtown, however taxi's are cheap and plentiful

Yes there are Russian hookers crawling around like ants.. This could either be a bad thing or a good thing, you don't HAVE to sleep with them, personally i'd rather cut my own arm off, but I can still smile politely, avoid breathing too deeply if sharing a lift and have a little chuckle to myself. On the other hand you may love Russian hookers, in which case this would be the proverbial sweet shop to a fat kid of a hotel.

The rooms are clean and tidy, also of a good size. We had a balcony which looked out towards the palm.

There is a nightclub on the top floor, common sense would suggest you do not try and sleep under a subwoofer, hence request floors 12 and below. I was on floor 14 and the bass was intolerable, we moved.

I don't think you can complain too much, for the same dates for a friend and I in Feb hotels on JBR were 5/6 times more expensive, if this was a romantic trip then for sure i'd pay the extra, however with my guy friends for the majority of the time we will be out in the sunshine enjoying Dubai, all I need from a trip away with "the boys" as such is a place to sleep that will provide some sort of dry cleaning service when i've realised traveling without my girlfriend results in me taking one shirt and 9 pairs of socks.

If you want luxury stay on JBR and pay the price, if you want to put your head down in a clean reasonably located and very cheap hotel in Dubai then stay here.

For those who are coming here for the Russians, I believe hello is "Zdravstvuj" enjoy.

Room tip: Go low, avoid the subwoofers!
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank marksw
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just stayed at the hotel for its location and proximity to Marina/Palm/MOE. Rooms were clean and service was okay. The club lounge on the top floor you could hear throughout the night. Not a great hotel for kids but would be good for business traveller. Bell man could have helped more with bags and taxis but all in all a good stay.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank War182
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have been to different hotels in dubai but found that byblos was by far the best! I found a very good package online including breakfast for 4 nights.
I was shocked of how spacious the rooms are (which you don't lately expect if you're mot paying a lot) plus that they are equipped with home automation system! and how clean and neat everythin is.
Room service are amazing and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Had one tiny problem with the house keeping though is that they still came in after pressing the don't disturb button but that's nothing

Date of stay: March 2012