“Brunch in a Brasserie Setting” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Brasserie - CLOSED

La Brasserie
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: There's no need to go to Paris to experience Parisian chic. La Brasserie serves it all day long, from delicious morning pastries from the patisserie to classic French dishes with a little "je ne sais quoi" for lunch and dinner. With regular theme nights focused on fun and sharing, La Brasserie is a place for great meals, enjoyable ambiance and friendly conversation.
South West England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,095 helpful votes
“Brunch in a Brasserie Setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Set in the maze which is Dubai's largest hotel, the Atlantis sits Rostang a restaurant that looks like a brasserie. The food was all you can eat (starters and deserts), the starters were amongst the best I have seen especially the seafood also the selection of after dinner cheeses was extensive. The problem when we were there was that the brasserie was packed to over flowing, service was poor because they could not cope, the main course when it did arrive was nowhere near hot enough. It is a shame as the concept is good. We may go back when it is less busy and hopefully everything will be much better.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank AvidTraveler12

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Top class food in a brasserie setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited this French Brasserie on 3 occasions over the course of our 12 night stay in Atlantis, and despite being on the slightly more restricted Half Board menu; we chose a different dish each night – none of which disappointed.

The onion soup is to die for, although I struggled to eat my main after it as it was so filling. Escargot was beautifully cooked as was the lamb, the stroganoff, snapper and the salmon. It was beautifully presented and the service was fabulous too - Jewel and Ali were always very attentive.

We went for breakfast a couple of times there too, but to be honest I don’t think they have really mastered this yet as the tea / coffee service was really slow and it was always cold and the wait for an omelette stretched to 20-25 minutes one morning.

Notwithstanding, it’s a great choice for dinner as they serve first-class food in a great family-friendly setting, which can sometimes be a bit a challenge to balance!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Thursday Deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice seafood and pork buffet followed by a great main course. The wine selection included in the deal upon reading wasn't very inspiring but actually turned out to be rather nice. Will go again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“This is a michelin star restaurant??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited this place on half board once and were glad there are other places to go to during our stay.

Decor is pretty. Food was ok but definitely not a high class/quality french establishment.
Staff were a tad strange on attentiveness and *cleanliness*. We asked for a high chair for my 17 mo - it was filthy and had juice drips and ants crawling on the table. The staff just put it down and left it for us to put our son in. I had to ask the guy 2-3 times to find something to clean the highchair because he kept saying he had *nothing* to wipe it with(!!). I ended up getting baby wipes out to wipe it down and had to coax another waiter to bring some wipes and spray to clean up the high chair. At Ronda Locatelli next door, they provide bibs and cutlery so I thought I'd ask if they had any - only the bowl. THey provided my son sharp dessert spoons as an alternative.

I can't quite remember the food we ate except I did have the steak tartare - the meat is meant to be raw but it seemed part-cooked and the flavour with olive tapenade was really weird. It made me really miss the real thing in France to be honest since the restaurant food was quite average. Another horrible thing we saw was the waiter picking out the butter from the fridge with his bare hands and putting it on the serving dish with the breads. Remember these guys pick up a lot of things in the restaurant.

Definitely would not visit again. I was a bit panicky about getting food poisoning with my meal choice after seeing the lack of hygiene exercised by the staff.

uk
“Much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

After a disastrous meal at Rhondas the night before this was a feast for our taste buds. We had fish soup to start which was delicious. I had braised lamb which was succulent and tasteful. So many interesting deserts to choose from to. Make sure you leave room. Choose from the HB menu which had plenty of options with not to many supplements ensuring a wide choice.

Staff were attentive and professional. We had a really lovely family meal here for our last night at Atlantis. Would recommend.

1 Thank baahumbug