“A fantastic hotel”

Ranked #126 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“A fantastic hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 9 nights. We were given a room 2 hours of checking in at 9am and were allowed to use the spa facilities until then. Unfortunately the room allocated was a double and we had requested 2 twins. Svetlena on reception quickly arranged for us to be moved to a new room on an executive floor with minimum fuss.
Loved the blinds between the bathroom and bedroom which allowed great light and easy conversation. All the rooms have a balcony which is lovely to sit on in the evenings.
The hotel was extremely clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The location is ideal for walking and transport links and the beach which was a 5 min walk and provided packs to use for hotel guests including towels, umbrellas, mats water and cool boxes at the entrance to the beach.
The food was well presented and delicious in fact we were spoilt for choice.
The pool staff were efficient in clearing lounges for guests to use after other guests had departed without taking their towels etc.
The lobby staff made sure our every needs were catered for and provided and excellent service from directions to complimentary shuttle buses to the malls to taxis etc.
I would stay there again and in fact we are looking to book in May 2014.
The was my first experience at a Movenpick hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I usually stay at one of the Meridien hotels but like what the Movenpick chain has achieved

Room Tip: The executive rooms were excellent in size and facilities and the higher floors have the bet views e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SallyUK1
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this lovely review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know that you appreciated the early check-in offered and found the hotel services and facilities to your satisfaction. We are also glad that you liked the wide selection of buffet we have at out Talk restaurant and we would like to thank you for complementing our colleagues for their efficiency and service which we have already passed on to the team and they are equally happy to know that their efforts are well appreciated.

Once again thank you very much for considering to stay with us and for any assistance regarding your future booking request please feel free to contact me direct at hotel.jumeirah.social@moevenpick.com.

Horst Walther Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Checked in for four nights on route back to Ireland from visiting Australia. Overall I am very impressed. Friendliest staff I have ever come across so good to see excellent customer service in practice..from reception, to housekeeping. Cleanliness all over is excellent and could not be faulted. Rooms are bright, modern, spacious and most comfortable bed I've slept in compared to other hotels. Selection of food for breakfast is good catering for all tastes. Pool area is excellent too with towels provided on each lounger for your use. Construction is ongoing at all hours but you wouldn't really notice it . The only thing that gave me a shock on arrival was when the receptionist asked to block what I considered to be a large sum on my credit card as deposit for extra costs. After 15 hrs of travel and the bare minimum cash left at end of travels, I nearly had heart failure as i simply didn't have it lol. After explaining this, in fairness the receptionist was extremely helpful and we sorted this. Might be worth highlighting this before guests arrive to avoid other potential heart failures on arrival :) but saying that, couldn't fault anything and will enjoy my final day here on a sun lounger. Finally if you are going to book this hotel and come across it on www.allhotelebook.com like I did..run for the hills as the site is fake and my credit card was scammed twice. I then rebooked through a travel agent. Glad I still picked this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review on TripAdvisor and we hope that you had a safe journey back home.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your short break in our hotel on-route Ireland and found our facilities and services to your satisfaction. We are happy to know that you liked our buffet selection for the meals in the restaurant which caters to every palate as rightly mentioned by you.

At the same we are extremely sorry to hear regarding the scam on your credit card and hope that it is sorted soon. We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the deposit requested and are glad to know that our colleague sorted this out for you in a helpful manner. The deposit is taken at the time of check-in for our guest’s own convenience in order to enable them to bill all charges to their room during the stay in the hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for the very motivating review and the beautiful pictures of the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back soon. For futre booking request, please feel free to contact me direct at hotel.jumeirah.social@moevenpick.com.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for four nights we had an executive room with full sea view and half board. Check in was a breeze they even gave my son a gift of a camel which he still takes to bed with him. Room was nice and clean and it came with free wifi. We used the pool and loungers everyday as it was a good suntrap after 120clock.There is a load of building work going on and we did sometimes wake up due to the noise this is not the hotels fault and it did reflect in the price so please shop around for a decent price for this hotel. The exec lounge is a must as we loved our double vodkas and orange up there watching the sun go down. The breakfast in my eyes is not great as they don't do the pork bacon and sausage. The bar downstairs has a brilliant happy hour which lasts from 12 till 9pm then a pint of Bud costs 35dirhams,so if you want a cheap drink of beer after 9 go to the Hilton only 25.I will stay here again as I like the place and the staff and its not there fault there is building work so shop around you will get a bargain and enjoy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Kevin,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach for your stay in Dubai and also for choosing to stay with us again for your future visits.

We are happy to know that you had a great check-in experience and that your son likes our small gesture as we strive to ensure that our younger guests are equally happy and comfortable during their stay with us. Also we are glad that you liked the room and the pool area and enjoyed the Executive Lounge benefits.

At the same time we are disappointed to know that you were inconvenienced due to the noise from the development works in the vicinity of the hotel and would like to apologize for the same. Unfortunately we cannot serve pork in the hotel due to the licensing restrictions; however we do offer a wide selection of buffet breakfast to suit every palate. Also at the West Beach Bistro & Sports Lounge we do offer selected beers at AED 25 after our longest happy hour ends at 9.00 pm.

Once again Mr. Kevin, thank you very much for taking time to write this lovely review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Its very nice hotel , clean , quite and welcoming.
It deserve the cost.
Thanks for all front dick team especially maria and the indian guy and filipino girl and also thanks for concierge steeve.
It will be my hotel to stay whenever i decide to visit Dubai again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach!

We are delighted to learn that you found our hotel nice, clean and welcoming and have proudly passed on your comments to our colleagues, especially to the front desk and the concierge team and they are equally happy to hear the same.

Once again thank you very much for your heartwarming comments and we are glad to know that we will be your preferred choice of stay henceforth and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular customer and am never disappointed by service,cleanliness.
Suggest a sundowner at the pool bar. Unfortunately they don't stock Gordons !
Now also set up a spot on the beach so you can use their towels,bro lies,save carrying them across the road

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Richard D
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Richard,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach as your preferred stay destination in Dubai.

We are extremely pleased to know that you are pleased with our service and cleanliness and are also glad to know that you found our recently introduced beach service convenient, as our main goal is to make our guests stay more comfortable and relaxing. We would also like to thank you for your suggestion in regards to the sundowner cocktails which we have already implemented at our pool side.

Once again Mr. Richard, thank you very much for such a lovely review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach.

hotel.jumeirah.social@moevenpick.com.
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Today is my second last day at the hotel, and I have not received one worth of my money in the past 5 days.
-When I checked in out of the two rooms booked.. Only 1 was ready. When I urged the staff that I need to freshen up and leave, I was only told that it would take a few minutes more.

-I needed to get my shirt ironed, I called first housekeeping then operator then reception.. All phones rung for 8-10 rings without anyone picking up.i finally had to call concierge who told me he'll get someone to call me. 5 minutes later I get a call. No,it's not the laundry it's the operator telling me that his colleague told him that I had request. I told him the same, he also said that he'll get someone to call me back. Finally, I get a call from the laundry only to know it would take 6 hours to press my shirt since they don't have a in house laundry! A 5 STAR HOTEL WITH NO LAUNDRY OF ITS OWN!

- We delayed our itenary for a chocolate hour that the hotel has in the evening. First we were told it happens from 4:00 pm. When we went down there was nothing, and in turn got to know its at 4:30.
At the same time, the receptionist at the bakery said its at 4 and that it's not set yet. The whole staff is confused as to what happens at the hotel and at what time. I am given a reason that there new people around so they don't know properly. Shameful for a 5 stars guest relation manager to give that reason!

After complaining about all this and wishing to speak to the general manager.. I am apologized to, and told that a iron board will be kept in my room for further use! They are not authorised to give me the general managers number and if I wish to speak to him I have to go to a cocktail party at the ball room. When I told her that I had plans for the evening, she says then you should continue with the same.

Extremely poor service and zero regard for a guests money! I did not expect this after hearing good stuff about this hotel. Unfortunately I have already paid for my rooms, but I will never return or recommend this hotel to anyone. Still, no one has tried to compensate for any mistakes during our stay.

I have written this hoping that the authorities see this, and contact me while I am staying here.

Room number 1307

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kabir_chugh12
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Chugh,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach on TripAdvisor.

We at the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach strive to provide our guests with the best of our service and we would like to sincerely apologize that on this particular occasion we failed to deliver our usual high standards of service in certain areas. As our Hotel Operations Manager has already spoken to you prior to your departure and discussed the above mentioned points in detail, we hope that we have been able to go some way in regaining your trust in our product and services. Rest assured that we have addressed all the points and necessary corrective action has been taken

Mr. Chugh, thank you once gain for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach in the near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here at the start of May to celebrate my 40th Birthday. I booked via Travel Republic for a 7 night stay. Our arrival was late and after 10 hours of been on the go we arrived at the hotel at about 12.30 midnight so in essence our first night was in effect over as we were now on the next day. Check in was extremely lengthy and far too long especially when we were told we didn't have a twin room and would be given a double and a z bed, of which we refused to accept, we asked to speak to a manager and no manger came to see us, a very secretive call took place and then all of a sudden a twin room was found! Not a great start, we were booked on half board so assumed that food would have been made available for us, no this was again another challenge while we had to more or less argue for what we had booked and paid for, while I appreciate a twin room was eventually allocated and a sandwich was served this was not a great start and you shouldn't have to encounter the start of holiday in a 5 star hotel like this. The room was okay comfy beds, great view, bathroom could have been cleaner especially the glass near the sink. There was no additional touches in the executive room other than a free bottle of water which was replaced each day - there was no bed turn down etc which I am used to in other 5 star hotels. We were able to use the executive lounge as part of our reservation and this was nice, some of the staff were very attentive, breakfast was nice up here and the choice was nice, afternoon tea and the early evening canapés were also nice, complimentary drinks are served early evening and offers a good choice. As mentioned we were booked on half board so included dinner which was taken buffet style - to be fair a good choice and well presented. On our last night we did mention the afore mentioned issues to the Food & Beverage Manager who took our comments on board and arranged an early breakfast for us as we were leaving at 4.00am and also placed a bottle of wine in our room, which was a nice gesture. I have also completed a questionnaire which was sent by the hotel - with more or less a standard response of " we resolved your issues and will offer you an upgrade next time". The issues should not have been there in the first place!.
All in all the hotel is a in a great location the rooms are comfy if slightly on the small side, most of the staff are really nice - they just need to get things right from the start.

Room Tip: High floors rooms offer a better view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MoevenpickHotelJBR, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting the review regarding your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach on TripAdvisor and for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We are extremely disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations in certain areas on this occasion and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured that all your comments have been taken very seriously and passed on to the departments concerned for necessary actions to be taken to avoid this from happening in future.

At the same time we are glad to know that you liked the hotel rooms and the dining options and also are happy to know that you were satisfied with the compensation offered by our Food & Beverage Manager.

We sincerely hope that we would have another opportunity to welcome you at the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach to regain your trust and confidence in our product and services.