“Welcome on tabacco room”
Review of Avenue Hotel

Avenue Hotel
Ranked #264 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Lecco, Italy
“Welcome on tabacco room”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The most smelly hotel I've ever been.
When the A/C is working the room is full of tabacco smell. The bed is a big ashtray. The toilet smells of pee.
I asked for a not smoking room and with the clause "the special requests are available only upon arrival" the staff opens his arms and laughs at you.
Never more.
I've to learn to read better the tripadvisor's reviews.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mario R
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Mario R

I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you did not enjoy your stay at our Avenue Hotel and that we clearly failed to meet your expectations in October 2013.

Firstly I need to assure you that this sort of service and behavior is not the normal standard our guests can expect at our Avenue Hotel. I am truly sorry you felt your room experience in our Hotel was very poor and that you found the team member unhelpful and unprofessional.

I was very shocked to read your review regarding the room smell of tobacco and when you switched on the air conditioning is seemed to get worse, I can assure you this is the first time we have ever come across a situation like this in our hotel. I have immediately reported this to my Executive Team for a full investigation, as this is definitely not acceptable and I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have a very thorough House Keeping policy in our hotel and our rooms are cleaned everyday to the highest possible standards.

I would really like to apologize for my teams behavior on that day, I am confident this was a one off as this is truly not our normal practice here at Avenue Hotel.

Mario R as you can see by our many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding Avenue Hotel we have really come up short on meeting your expectations and for that I am truly sorry and I would really like to get in touch directly with you and personally rectify this.

What disappoints me most is that my team did not rectify any complaints made by you during your stay.

I look forward to be given the opportunity to communicate with you, where you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.

SFC Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The location on it's own is a big plus. Don't have to look far to get everything you need. As soon as you step out of the building and down the steps, turn right and you'll be cruising along variety of stores,electronics,restaurants,fast foods,traveling agency,Grocery store etc.
In the same road, there is a Medical and Dental clinic located inside the IBIS building which is perfect for me because they accept my insurance. Keep walking straight to get to AL GHURAIR MALL .
So much for the outside of the hotel. My check-in was okay. I was greeted outside the building and my luggage was carried inside. There is no imposing or elaborate facade like other hotel. It's just the sidewalk that separate the hotel from the highway. The front staff are all well dressed and look very sharp. One staff is so technical which I thought could be adjusted or toned down to create a warm relationship between clients. I was given a smoking room without consulting me first and later on I asked to be relocated. I requested for an adapter for my computer that they agreed to deliver to my room but never came so I ended up buying one.
This is just minor easy stuff no big deal. The fitness room located on 7th floor but need to take one more flight of steps to the rooftop where a pool can also be found. The gym is rather small and has a stale air. I think they need to put a ventilation fan.The floor area of the bathroom and changing room is bigger than that of the gym. Definitely need to make an architectural decision to make this work. I have nothing to complain about the bedroom and it's bathroom. They are clean and everything works. Except for the bed is tough!
Over all , my stay was great. Besides, my favorite club is located in Mezzanine floor of the same hotel building. The location outweighed the issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Valentin B
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Valentin B

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in September 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that your expectation have been met and that you had a great stay. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. Thank you for the great comment about my team always having smiles on their faces, as we believe in our motto " A SMILE IS FREE, SO SMILE AND MAKE THEIR DAY". I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our fantastic location right in the heart of Dubai's business district of Deira on Riqqa Road where you can find everything from malls to great restaurants to business as well as the brand new metro station which is 200 meters away which takes you to see some of the most iconic paces in the world, like the world famous Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis. I am extremely pleased to hear one of our restaurant and bar is your favorite in the whole of Dubai

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at Avenue Hotel and believe me it was fantastic. I love the atmosphere there in the hotel. Staff are excellent especially the service section. My check-in was smooth even when i arrive 2 hrs prior to check-in time. They were really professional in customer dealing. This time i met the Front Office mgr and he was really professional in the way he talked & communicated.
Evening i spent some time in the bars upstairs and it was amazing. It was jam pack on Thursday night and enjoyed a lot with good music.
Checkout was smooth and took a bit time due to checking of minibar & room but was in the time frame & acceptable

Overall a good trip and will return back again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Satenik G
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Satenik G

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in September 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a good stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the comfort in our spacious rooms as well as all the amenities we provide in the Hotel like our mini bar service. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will definitely pass on your great comments to my Front Office Manager and his team regarding your lovely stay here at our hotel. I will certainly pass on all your other great comments to the rest of the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very Good Buget Hotel, safe,clean. I will definitely come back. Special thank you to mr Mark and the Night Manager for all you did to make my stay wonderful and willingness to help.

Meseret !
Room 511

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Meseret A
Dear Meseret A

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Spent one week there on July 2013 with my wife...

I read different reviews about this hotel - ranging from "Excellent" to "Very Bad" - before we go there and this brought our expectation a bit low and maybe that was why we enjoyed our stay there... As said in one of the previous reviews, you can't expect a Ferrari when you pay for Volkswagen!

Check-in: we didn't face the issue repeated in many reviews: "retaining of your passport for 1 hour" and our check-in was done in soonest possible time.

Location: Excellent! Only 2 minutes walk to metro station makes it close to everywhere! Also plenty of restaurants around give you too many options. Too many hotel, clubs, and restaurant made the neighborhood alive till late night...

Room: our room (in 7th floor) was clean and nice. The bed was comfortable. The towels were mostly threadbare, and even some of them were stained! The bathtub was small, plastic type and not that clean.

Breakfast: quite ordinary. Few tables with few items but you can find something to have enough and enjoy your breakfast! Just few flies flying around were annoying...

Staff: very polite, welcoming, and helpful.

Clubs: I guess they were mostly like Bars, not Clubs although they are beautifully designed... I just saw some people drinking there talking with Filipino girls...

In general, I guess Avenue Hotel is an Ex-4Star hotel which is trying to be good with spending as little money as possible.

Room Tip: Take room in higher floors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank majid35
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Lesure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Majid35

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in July 2013 with your wife. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a good stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the comfort in our spacious rooms as well as all the amenities we provide in the Hotel like our mini bar service. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. I am happy to see they very polite, helpful and very welcoming. I will certainly pass on all your great comments to the rest of the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our hotel again very soon.

Jinja, Uganda
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My only issue was the whole "retaining of your passport for 1 hour." I was promised that the hotel staff would return my passport after 1 hour but it never happened. I eventually had to go and retrieve it myself. I wasn't pleased about that at all.

Other than that, the food was good and delivered quickly to my room. The staff was friendly. The mini bar had some stuff in it that looked tainted or rusted around the seal. I asked them to replace it and they did immediately. My wake up call was on time and I had shuttle service to and fro for 90 dirhams total. The room itself was nice, clean, and spacious. The blackout curtains were only half hooked so it didn't close all the way but I made due. Not bad.

I would stay here again but I think the passport issue needs to be rectified.

Overall, I could recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SmilingDee
Mark G, Vice Presidet Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear AFTCMom

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in July 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that overall you had a good stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very sorry to hear about the issue regarding your passport which I am looking into as we speak. I have brought this to the attention of my Front Office manager who is currently implementing strict new guidelines. If I may, in defense of the Hotel, the reason for us having to hold your passport is, like all hotels in Dubai it is mandatory to scan all passports onto a government computer immediately upon check-in, after some investigation I have been told at the time of your check-in this system was unfortunately offline. Please accept my apologies on this matter as this is not the normal practice of the hotel and I am very sure this was a one off incident.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the comfort in our spacious rooms as well as all the amenities we provide in the Hotel like our mini bar service. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will definitely pass on your great comments to my F&B team and the Chef's regarding our lovely food we serve here at our hotel. I will certainly pass on all your other great comments to the rest of the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hotel is in a good location with shops and restaurants a short walk away. The staff always had a smile on their face and were happy to help with tours and things to do in Dubai.

I would be happy to stay in this hotel again and will recommend to other.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Martin B
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Martin B

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in June 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. Thank you for the great comment about my team always having smiles on their faces, as we believe in our motto " A SMILE IS FREE, SO SMILE AND MAKE THEIR DAY". I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.