“Friendly staff, the rest is quite terrible”
Review of Avenue Hotel

Avenue Hotel
Ranked #262 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Vienna
“Friendly staff, the rest is quite terrible”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here one night with my wife and our baby child. Other hotels were full, so we had no choice. Baby cot was available, but we were put in a smoking room on a smoking floor; the smell was terrible. The room was facing rigga street and the noise in the night was unbearable - as if the window was open. Without earplugs, sleep would have been impossible.
Many prostitutes are "working" just in front of the hotel. The two nightclubs in the first floor of the hotel seem to be inofficial brothels.
The rate was 600,- Dirhams without breakfast, way too expensive for what it is. Internet is an additional 50 Dirhams for 24 hours. Internet in the lobby is also available, but costs 80 Dirhams for 24 hours.
The Hotel is well situated near restaurants and shops.
The staff are really nice though. All in all, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Eire
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Unfortunately, I had the misfortune to stay at this hotel during a business trip to Dubai. Unfortunately, the hotel was booked at the last minute and I did not get a chance to check Trip Advisor to get reports. It is simply the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I arrived at the hotel after 12 a.m. after a long trip. The reception was o.k. and the receptionist whilst not the friendliest was efficient. The minute I opened my room the stench of smoke hit me. The room was dark, smelly, dirty, dusty and very dated and dreary. The bathroom had a dated plastic bath, a shower that was a joke and towels that were almost threadbare. I was so tired I decided not to complain and decided to go to bed. The bed was the hardest most uncomfortable bed and I would more than likely have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor. The carpet was simply filthy, stains all over it and it looked as if it hadn't been hoovered in ages. The noise though the night in the hotel was unbearable and the bell from the lift could be heard all down the corridor. After a sleepless night I asked at reception if I could be moved and was told there was no available rooms. The next two nights were the same, and if the hotel hadn't been paid for I would have moved.

After reading the previous reviews I will agree with the writer who said there was a question mark over prostitutes. There is definitely an air of seediness about the hotel and the nightclub that is attached to it. A lot of guys seems to turn up and meet up with Filipino women who are employed by the hotel.

On the last day I went up to have a look at the pool and it was a tiny bit bigger than my bath - what a joke!!!!

I would definitely not recommend this hotel - it is not a 4 star, nor a 3 star nor in fact any star. It is a disgrace and I can't think of one good thing in its favour. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: I spoke to some of the other guests staying around the hotel and they seemed to feel that the qualit...
Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cabriolet

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Earth
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I spent 6 days in Dubai and because my first hotel did not have rooms for my enitre stay, I ended up moving to the Avenue Hotel on Al Rigga St. It is an older hotel and the room is average size. Bathroom looks dated and the tub is plastic, the shower head is on a vertical rod and is supposed to have a way to tighten it, but that is broken and the shower head is stuck at the bottom of the rod, which makes for an uncomfortable angle to take a shower. The toilet seat also is plastic.
It was quite cool in Dubai the day I checked into this hotel and there is no heat. I was sitting my my room with very cold feet and wearing my jacket. I called the desk and the service men that came up said there is no heat.
The bed is very hard and you can almost feel the springs. There is a balcony but it's locked and not accesible, the noise from the street comes straight through the door to the balcony, also the wind.
If I had not already booked this hotel through a third party and paid for the two nights I would have checked out. I just came from Afghanistan where it is 16F and was not wanting to sit freezing in my room in Dubai! I would not recomend this hotel to anyone unless there was nothing else available.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Avenue hotel is located on Rigga road close to the Clock Tower,several minutes from
Deira City Center Mall and facing the Metro station.
Hotel is tupical 4 star city hotel but some guests will rank it with 3.
Lobby is very small,but reception works well.
Rooms are nice if you stay in dbl as king bed is Ok,but single bed is too small.
It seems management make it for dwarfs.
Dinning room is opposite the lobby and food is acceptable.
Besides there is a steak house on the mezzanine floor and 49ers night club with
live band and another bar.
Generally this hotel is passable but the rates are quite high.

Room Tip: Ask for room from the Executive Floor or Club Room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank asterisk1964
Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Had a wonderful stay last month. Staff excellent and well trained. Good Location, close to metro station and all shopping malls. Both the bars on mezzaine floor are good. I will definately recommend this hotel to my friends. THUMPS UP guys!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Satenik G
new delhi
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay at this well located hotel. Could travel easily by metro to all the attractions saving hugely on taxis.Good staff, good rooms, Far East club with live band is one of the best I have seen. We will return

Room Tip: ask for rigga facing rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank noina r
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I found this hotel to be very clean, the room was modern, bed was extremely comfortable, great breakfast, friendly and welcoming staff. It was also in a great location which was very convenient for shops and access to train and bus stations. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Dubai !

Room Tip: Do try out the night clubs....!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business