“nice stay,friendly staff,good service”
Review of Mercure Gold Hotel

Mercure Gold Hotel
Ranked #202 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed in Mercure gold hotel for 4 nights and the experience was more then what we had expected.I was on a business trip with my partners for ARAB HEALTH.we checked in early,checked out late without any additional charges.The room service is good,the staffs are friendly always ready to help.They had even arranged a shuttle bus from the hotel to the exhibition ground which was of very much help.The tasty buffet breakfast kept us energetic all day long.The location of the Hotel is a added advantage. Thank you guys for making our stay pleasent and comfortable.Looking to meet you soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
MGHD, General Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear snsgroup,

We do appreciate for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay.

Thank you for your positive comments. We are continuously working with our team to ensure flawless service and a positive product experience for all our guests. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the services at Mercure Gold Hotel, Dubai.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Sven Drewitz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I went to Dubai for one week with my family and i stayed at Mercure Gold hotel..I must say everything was so perfect that i loved my stay there, The hotel personal car picked us from the airport and dropped us on the day of our departure. The staff is very friendly. The location of the hotel is just awesome. The rooms are quite spacious and the bathroom is also very nice and clean. The WiFi in lobby was a big help which helped us in staying connected but in rooms there is no WiFi available which is one con of the hotel otherwise everything is perfect. Worth your money and will give 4.5/5.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Fahad341,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Gold Hotel, Dubai and taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor.

The team is our strength and your feedback encourages us to continue making efforts to exceed our guest’s expectations.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I visited last week at Mercure Gold with my wife and must say it was a very very comfortable stay. Nice gym, spacious superior king room and the best part a super market nearby! The wifi was free in lobby so helped in staying connected.
Cons: I would recommend them to add more dishes in breakfast. 4 days and pretty much same things was quite a pain be it indian food or continental. Overall nice option for a short stay and very near to Meena Bazar for local shoppping experience so that was quite convenient. JAMES their receptionist from Kenya was quite a fun to speak with and a very jovial person So I sure remember him & thanks to other staff members too..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sachdevaGD
MGHD, General Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear SachdevaGD,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.

We truly value your opinion regarding breakfast and have taken a note of your feedback. On the positive side I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Mercure Gold Hotel., Dubai and like to thank you once again for sharing your experience.

Please visit us again upon return to Dubai.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at the mercure Gold Hotel for 2 days and enjoyed the quality of this hotel.
The staff is professional and friendly. We arrived earlier than the check in time and they made efforts to give us our rooms.
The rooms are relatively big and the bathroom also, with one bath tub and a shower. The hotel was quiet during our stay.
The location is certainly not the best one in Dubai, but it is a good value for money residence.
The in room dining is ok although the offer is limited and not the finest.
There is a small pool on the roof if you need to be refreshed!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
MGHD, General Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Jonathan1293,

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to receive your feedback and to note that our overall service and facilities met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went out to Dubai on a 3-4 week business trip involving work in the Dry Docks facility.
The company booked me into the Mercure Gold Hotel on Al Mina Road, because of it's proximity to the Shipyards. I actually ended up staying there 3 months, 3rd August to 3rd November '13.

As a hotel for someone on a business trip it was absolutely great, and was able to meet all of my requirements. At one point there was actually 35 of us staying there from the same company, and the Staff were really good with the whole team.
The rooms are all spacious, and the beds are comfortable. For sure you do not feel like you are living in a box. Flat screen television has a fair selection of channels and caters to all nationalities.
In room internet was a bit of a problem at first, but the IT Manager placed a mobile router on the desk in my room, and it worked perfectly after that.

Menu's are repetitive, but having said that I was there for a long time. For someone on a 1 - 2 week trip it would be fine. The quality of the meals improved greatly over the period of my stay, and I put this down to the leadership of the new General Manager, Sven. The wine list could do with some improvement in terms of quality. Most people are prepared to pay the price for a good bottle of wine!

The Staff, were all really friendly, and helpful. The front desk team lead by Miss Pritha and Abhishake, (forgive my spelling), really go out of their way to help solve any problems you may have. On the Concierge Desk is Vipen, whom I have know for about five years, and from his previous hotel. He is a real 'Mr. Fixit'!

Finally, the Assistant Director of Sales, Evonne Sequeira. This Lady is determined to make sure that guests know that the staff are there to assist at all times, and she makes sure that she is leading from the front, at the interface between guests and staff.

All round an extremely pleasant stay, and I expect to be there again sometime in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are the same, although I'm not sure. If you don't mind traffic sounds, a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MGHD, General Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Mike M,

Thank you so much for the detailed review about your long stay at Mercure Gold Hotel, Dubai.

We are very pleased to know that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered to you during your stay and that we managed to live up to your expectations.

We hope you will return soon again as we all are looking forward to welcoming you back at Mercure Gold Hotel.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Despite being loyal member and platinum status this hotel by far my worst experience, rude staff particularly front disk. Rooms are tiny and bathrooms dirty i don't recommend to any one, and i will never even think of staying at mercure chain

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Raed T
MGHD, General Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Raed T,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your opinion of your recent stay with us.
First of all please accept our apology for the negative experience at our hotel.
It is always a disappointment for us when the guest satisfaction could not be met and like to add that the service provided to you does not reflect the usual level of curtsey we attempt to offer.
In fact we receive very positive comments overall, especially about the friendliness of our team members. Therefore we are taking necessary steps to ensure this experience remains an unfortunate exception based on the email received from you earlier. I had the opportunity to respond to you directly already in detail and hope we will have the chance to welcome you again being able to show our true colors.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel gives you good value for money. Great, clean room and friendly and helpful staff. Location is okay, but it demands a taxi to take you to metro, Dubai Mall, Dubai Creek and other places you would like to go. Taxis are quite cheap, though. Don´t expect spectacular views. The only view is from the roof top terrace. I would have expected a hotel of this quality to supply wifi in the rooms. However it is only free in the lobby, just as mentioned on the booking website. But - I was disappointed when buying wifi in the room that it was per unit, meaning that once you logged on your computer, you could not use your smart phone, tablet or other units at the paid rate. I did expect more of Dubai in 2013 and it is the only reason for not rating this hotel higher.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lars S

Dear Lars Sohom,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Gold Hotel, Dubai and taking your time to review us on Trip advisor.

In regards to the Wi-Fi connectivity, kindly be informed that we are in the process to upgrade the service.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Dubai.