“new name, some changes....”
Review of Mercure Gold Hotel

Mercure Gold Hotel
Ranked #198 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I decided to have a short halt of 2 nights in new (for me) Mercure Hotel; I was very familiar with former Swiss Belhotel as was the prevoius name and also with Mercure AUH.
The good thing was that the personnel is the same (and a good point is that they recognized me even was some time I didn't accommodate there), the rooms are the same. So no changes from this part.
The thing that I missed was the evening open buffet, before full of surprises and very good; for some period is only based on menu and unfortunately some specialties (as snails for example) that are valid in Mercure AUH are not valid here.
I was told that as new policy, if hotel is not more 50% loaded is no buffet. As seen, were more than 50% load with guests, so I don't think this is the reason.

I really hope to be solved this aspect, and if possible, to have same variety as before, too.
Otherwise, everything is fine and I really appreciated the period spent there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mercure G, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you first of all for your loyalty to the property. Indeed the name and standards has changed but the most important which is the team remain the same and we were very happy to welcome you back.

I would like to bring to your attention that we are currently working on new food and beverage concept which could be the reason of your comments about the buffet.
We will as well take your valued comments into consideration.

I would like to thank you one more time for your precious loyalty, looking forward to welcome you back at Mercure Gold Dubai.

With best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and i visited Dubai for the 8th time. We always reside in accor hotels. This time we stayed at Mercure Gold Hotel in Al Mina Road.
The room was nice and spacious. The bed was very good. We slept very well. The only interruption was when one night someone in the neighbour room tried to open the door which connected the two rooms. Stupid Idiot.
We didn't like the bathroom. There was a lack of cleanliness. The shower was dirty. There where fingerprints at the bathroom door from the first to the last day of our stay.
The view from our window was very poor. The only thing you see is a house wall full of pidgeon dirt.
We visited the Accor Pullman near Mall of the emirates. I guess we're go'ne stay there at the next time we visit Dubai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Mercure G, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Dubai. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the space of your room, indeed we have the chance, with our building structure, to offer very spacious room to our guests.

Please be sure that your concern about the bathroom has been raised up to the housekeeping department and we have been able to rectify this matter. Thank you for your comments.

Accor has multiple options in Dubai and Pullman Mall of the Emirates is one of them looking at the five stars properties. Regarding the city's four stars hotel, Mercure remains a great option, and I am glad to read that you consider the Accor brand for your future stays

I would like to thank you one more time for your review and stay at your availability.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Nice hotel, with all what you need. The area is a bit far from everything...well that is my opinion.
The rooms are nice and very comfortable bed, big bathrooms and all what you need.
The breakfast is good and the staff is very friendly.
The only think that is a minus is that you have to pay for the internet. It is 100 AED for 1 day. I think this should be free.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments about the hotel facilities. The hotel location has the advantage of being connected to different access of Dubai, and indeed traveling in the city requires most of the time a taxi.

I was glad to read your comments about the hotel services and our buffet breakfast, we are considering the possibility to extend our internet offers to rooms, as you mentioned, it is now available in the hotel public areas.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back at Mercure Gold Dubai.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

A very nice place to stay in Dubai. Good location and a very comfortable hotel to say as with all Novotel hotels.

The food service is excellent, I would recommend asking for a room choice while making reservations since they have a very limited number of rooms with a view.

Room Tip: Higher floor and ask for availablity
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nnj13

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the rooms and restaurants.

We are glad to read encouraging comments which will be shared with the team.

Thank you one more time for choosing us and your review. We stay at your availability should you wish to come back in Dubai.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice. I came right after Christmas and the lobby was very welcoming. One thing though was that the hot water in the room took FOREVER to heat up. You have to let the shower run for about five minutes before it was hot enough to shower and forget taking a bath. Turning the water all the way to the hot side took pressure down to a trickle and wasn't worth the amount of time it took to fill the tub. The room itself is very nice. Perfect for one person and loved the little sitting area. Would definitely book with Mercure again. One other recommendation, make sure you request any vehicle movement the day before. Every time I reuested a vehicle I was told it would be there but then it wasn't when it was time and my room was never called to inform me that they couldn't get the vehicle. Other than those two things this place was very nice. Breakfast was good and the Liquid Lounge was a nice quiet place to hang out and enjoy a drink or two.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments; it helped us to identify the cause of a technical issue that we have now fixed.

We as well, used your comments to have a better efficiency with our valet services, who are totally dedicated to our guests.

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Dubai and I am glad to read that you might consider us for your next visit.

We are at your availability for further information.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights in December, I booked a single room it was fine for one person. My room overlooked the front of the hotel, obviously there was some noise from the main road outside, but it did not worry me. The bathroom unfortunately I did not feel was up to standard the toilet seat really needed replacing it looked dirty and the floor did not seem to be cleaned properly, quite often there was a sewerage smell in the bathroom which was rather nasty.
The reception staff were all very helpful except for one that seemed to work the very late shift and tended to keep you waiting whilst he did other things. The staff otherwise were very nice and helpful. I ate in the restaurant several times and was quite disappointed in the the menu. The first night I was offered the buffet or a la carte, the buffet was sadly lacking with hardly any food and very little choice. I chose from the a la carte, the food was nice but over priced for what it was and the portion. Another night the buffet looked slightly better but I stuck to the menu, it needs to improve to attract more people.
The hotel had a rooftop pool that was small but nice and a shuttle bus service to the beach. Stay on the bus for the private beach it was 5 AED entrance fee but well worth it. Far nicer than the main public beach with changing facilities and reasonable places to eat. The hotel also operates a bus service to a mall, it was nice with designer shops and fast food eateries and a large supermarket, but one visit was enough. I would stay at the hotel again but think more attention to detail is needed in room standards and the buffet in the restaurant. I have stayed at several accor hotels and feel this one is not up to the standard of the rest. It could be with some effort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LondonFrancesca

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to make a review of our property.

Please be sure that we are at your service therefore all of our associates are dedicated to our guests, we shared your comments to the entire team to be sure that we don't miss any opportunity to express it further.
I would like to bring to your attention as well, that the restaurants and bars menus are changing, we are aware of the need to change our menus according to season and for this reason, the new menu will be available very shortly.

You are totally right saying that we could do better and please be assured that this is the direction we are taking. I could only invite you to give us a chance to satisfy you better during your next visit in Dubai and stay available should you wish us to organize your next stay.

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AhmedMuscat
Mercure G, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013