Mercure Gold Hotel
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
  • Room Service
1,116 results
All reviewsal mina roadliquid loungeindian restaurantdubai mallrooftop pooltravel deskinternet connectionnice stayclean roomsshuttle servicefront officeshuttle bushotel staffbusiness tripjumeirah beachmetro stationearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure G, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days recently and was quite disappointed.
In my opinion, it is not up to the usual Mercure standards that I have experienced when staying with the group elsewhere in the world.
My room was very basic and quite dated. It looked out onto an alleyway. The bathroom was not especially clean - I found hairs belonging to other guests. The air conditioning at least worked well.
I was made to wait when I arrived as a room was not ready - despite asking for them to be secured, my bags were just left waiting in the lobby. Reception staff were stretched and did not offer me a pleasant welcome. Frequently my conversation with them was interrupted whilst they took calls on the telephone.
To go anywhere outside of this hotel, you will need a taxi. It is not near to anything in Dubai of particular significance.
Breakfast was not great - although there is some variety, there was not much fresh fruit.
A very small pool is available on the roof with a limited selection of sun loungers - these only seem to catch the sun very early in the morning. To reach the pool you need to negotiate a rather bizzare series of corridors and emergency stair cases! The pool itself was nice and clean.
Many of the taxi drivers did not seem to know where this hotel was located.
All in all - pretty average, verging on poor. Certainly no french flair and not great for anyone looking to actually see some of Dubai. For the amount of money each room costs, there are much better options than this in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank scooby_d00_uk
Mercure G, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to assure you that it was a pleasure to welcome you at Mercure Gold Dubai. We are at our guest’s service and put all of our efforts to improve, for this particular reason, your feedback is extremely important to us.

Taking into consideration your comment, our Housekeeping manager has been able to identify the reason of your note and took actions in this regards to correct it. Our chief engineer has been able as well to resolve the air conditioning issues. We are closely looking at various ways to improve our breakfast standards and we receive as well positive feedback about it.

I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments about the receptionist team who is always delighted to serve you. Indeed they might be requested with many phone calls at a time on rush hours. Thank you!

There are always preferences when it comes to hotel design and we would be pleased to use your comments whenever a renovation would be planned.

For your overall stay, I would like to thank you one more time for choosing us during your trip to Dubai and for your time posting this review. I would like to assure you that should you decide to stay with us in the future; your comment about the room choice will be taken in consideration.

The entire team and I wish you a happy New Year 2013.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed in this hotel when visiting Dubai in business. It is not far from the airport, but yet not so difficult to get to e g Dubai Mall. The room I had was very spacious, nice and clean. It had a small desk with a chair that made it easy to sit working. Big bathroom with both a shower and a bathtub. Large shelves to put things on which for at least a woman is needed. Can not complain about breakfast, but they should put the cheese on cold plates so that it doesn't get "sweaty". Didn't try the restaurant. Good service at reception.
Negative that you have to pay for internet when in your room. Wireless only available at lobby.
All in all I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your breakfast experience and I am glad to read that your enjoyed it, we used your comments to improve it.

Indeed, Dubai Mall is very popular and the access from all over Dubai is challenging depending of the time, the location of the hotel, as you mentioned is however very practical from/to the airport.

We are as well, considering your valuable comments about internet, which is so far available with our compliments in the lobby.

I would like to thank you for choosing us during your stay in Dubai and glad to read that your overall experience with us was positive.

I am taking this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year 2013!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

we stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise at the beginning of November while we didn't spend much time in the hotel the rooms were large clean and comfortable the location was good and the free wifi was excellant ( a few UK hotels should take note) my only complaint would be the breakfast which was often cold and of a poor standard the scrambled eggs were dreadful and the bacon substitute was appallling but in saying that we were in a muslim country but i don't get the re-fried vegetable for breakfast????

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bangorgooner
Mercure G, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Gold Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments and assure you that since November, we worked on the standards of our breakfast and we now receive good comments.

Thank you for your feedback, we are at our guest service and such remarks is the best way for us to improve.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Mercure Gold Dubai.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Facilities and services in this hotel was superb, I felt it a 5 stars rather than a 4 stars hotel.
Very convenient location, connected to a mall, connected to the Metro station.

I complained of the weak wifi, they sent me a technician that installed a hotspot in my room instantly. It was kept there till my check out

Room Tip: Did not have a chance to use spa or the like, just the swimming pool on the roof, which was OK
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business