I stayed there before and twice this month and i rate this hotel as one of the best hotel in town and the reasons are below;
1. Staff is very friendly and there are few staff which are very concerned and courteous i.e. Vineet, Vinod, Irshad, Sahil and Rina
2. Taxi are easily available
3. In surrounding you can find good restaurants but on fair walk and some shops including massage centres
4. Rates are too high specially for someone who frequently travels and need to stay
5. Kebab Connection has been closed and Senses has replaced it so now guest doesnt have much to choose from as you have Salad, Sandwiches, Burgers, Pastas and Pizza and some other dish
6. In my last visit which was yesterday (2nd Nov) i had to get into argument which i avoid, it was simple but worst!
- I ate the peanuts in the room at night and replaced it with the same in morning
- I used one water bottle from fridge as i didnt want to bother someone from house keeping late at night and i was thirsty so i replaced it with the complimentary water i have got in morning, upon check out i realized i was charged for it in morning already and its been entered in system but when i explained this so they cancelled the water and made me pay for peanuts. When i explained them that its the same i ate (Ms. Rajni at receptions said no it has some mark or identity of hotel) that was the last thing for me and i left)
7. I had complimentary internet in the room but it was not informed to me upon check in and i had to confirm 2 to 3 times whether i can access it or no and the speed was too poor
8. I had late check out and i confirmed upon check in but when i called next day at reception so they told me my check out time is standard and no update done so i had to remind them to speak to sales and confirm
9. House keeping staff was so rude, whenever you ask for something like i asked for coffee cups the way that gentleman made face as in i asked for something else.
When i saw him outside later i asked him to make my room and i was shocked when i came back in the room, the bed sheet wasnt changed and if it was changed it had many dirt spots
10. My points were not updated still for my last visit and i had to follow up with the Accors Team and then the hotel and i insisted that it should happen at the earliest as i lost my points before due to carelessness of Hotel Staff of other Accor Properties but still its the same. My status of membership changed from Silver to Blue / Classic again.
11. There has to be slippers atleast in room but literally you have to ask for bathrob, slippers, dental kit and other stuff. Quality for Amenities should be improved. There is one bath gel in room for 2 people and that too very small so when you go for shower you are waiting for house keeping to come and give you who are always slow
One thing i like to say "Dont Ever Disappoint Your Loyal Customers and Dont Take Advantage of Their Loyalty, Dont Misjudge Their Loyalty to something else like they dont have choice or they cant afford other hotels. You are not the only service provider or accors property"
Caiyad Phahad - Film Maker from Abu Dhabi
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Gold Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.