“Excellent hotel”
Review of Conrad Dubai

Conrad Dubai
Ranked #104 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We came from n.y and we had a excellent stay in Conrad as expected in all countries . The bellaro restaurant is ideal for brunch. All staff are very good and help full. The location is ideal and close to city Centre . The hotel u gotta stay

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank yvr k
ConradDubai, General Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear yvr k,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Brunch at Ballaro has proven to be quite the afternoon delight, we are immensely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the experience as well.

We hope this won't be your last visit to Conrad Dubai and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in future.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Conrad Dubai

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I made Dubai the first stop on our honeymoon. With limited knowledge of the city, I did quite a bit of research and figured the Conrad was a pretty solid choice. As it turns out, it was better than I could have imagined.

The staff of the Conrad reached out to us days before our journey and asked if we had any requests or details that they should know about. I let them know that we were coming on our honeymoon and that we would be arriving very early (~9AM), well in advance of check-in. I was worried that our 9:30AM arrival would be a problem given check-in is ordinarily scheduled for late afternoon, but this turned out to not be a problem at all. We especially appreciated this as we were arriving from New York on a 12-hour flight.

We were greeted and escorted to the executive lounge where Philip checked us in and invited us to enjoy the complimentary breakfast. This was a seamless process that did not go unnoticed, especially considering even the most simple of tasks seems to be an event at most hotels. My wife and I were impressed and flattered that the staff had left a bottle of prosecco and a delicious dessert for us in honor of our nuptials. It instantly made us feel valued and added to the magic of the occasion.

The room itself, a 43rd floor executive suite, was magnificent. The views, the bed, the bathroom, the furnishings, etc... It could not have been more perfect! Over the course of the coming days we'd utilize the lounge for its robust and phenomenal breakfast and the fitness facilities, which were definitely a cut above what we've seen in our previous travels. The staff was always courteous and the location, right next to the metro, was perfect. We could not imagine a better start to our honeymoon and will be sure to stay at the Conrad next time we're in town.

Room Tip: The suites are magnificent and only slightly more expensive.
5  Thank E2A1984

Dear E2A1984,

It was great to read about your honeymoon stay at Conrad Dubai, we thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We are pleased you had a good time and found our staff to be helpful, especially during the check-in process. Our suites are quite popular especially with our guests who are looking for that extra special luxury. We will ensure to pass on your kind remarks to Philip as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and celebrated our wedding anniversary and a birthday. The hotel is top class with a good choice of restaurants and a fantastic spa. The Purobeach area transports you to a different world and is a great place to relax. The staff are unbelievable with a courteous and professional approach including the ability to anticipate your every need. We were fortunate to enjoy a corner suite on a high floor with panoramic views of Dubai and access to a top class executive lounge. We have previously stayed at Burj Al Arab and other so called top class hotels in Dubai however in our opinion none compares to the Conrad. The location is perfect with access to the metro only a few steps from the door. We look forward to our next visit and would recommend this for business or leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Higher floors with executive lounge access are excellent.
1  Thank Houston230899
ConradDubai, General Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Houston230899,

Greetings from Conrad Dubai, and many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

We like hearing from our guests, and are immensely pleased to hear that you found your experience at Conrad Dubai enjoyable and relaxing. Purobeach Urban Oasis has proven popular with our guests, and we are glad it was a hit on your special occasion as well. We strive to make all our guest experiences memorable by providing service that can best be described as intuitive, we are happy you felt it too.

We welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us on your next visit to Dubai.

Always with best regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed at The Conrad im Dubai for two nights as a stopover. Having read other reviews we chose The Conrad and was so pleased we did. This hotel has set the highest benchmark for us, exceeding the One and Only in Dubai and all other places we have stayed.

Location - perfect for short stays, being right on the new metro system, providing access to all the Malls and other places. 20 minutes from the airport. Adjacent to a number of eateries and a great pub called Fibbers, a rarity for Dubai.

Rooms - we upgraded ourselves to include the executive lounge and would strongly advise others to do so, or book room with lounge access. The room we was in was amazing, a corner room on the 43rd floor with stunningviews and every luxury you can imagine, fully automated and the most comfortable beds. The rooms were silent with no outside noises.

Staff - just pip the perfect rooms to the best point about the hotel. The hotel has an abundence of staff in every area and all are on hand to help. We had a couple of hiccups of our own making and the staff could not do more to help us. This was the best crew of staff i have experienced in any hotel. A real credit to the Conrad brand.

Pool - unbelievable given the urban location. Fresh fruit and iced water was complimentary and even shifting of sun umbrellas during the day without asking.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurants, being stuffed from the treats in the lounge.

I can only recommend this hotel strongly. We will be back again when stoppoing over in Dubai. Worth the extra cost in comparison to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Highest floors for the views. Lounge access.
1  Thank Pumperman

Dear Roundtheworlders,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Conrad Dubai.

We are pleased to hear that you found the our staff helpful and that the amenities were to your liking. We will be sure to pass on your kind message to the wider team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, and that you will have a chance to experience some of our unique dining venues during your next visit.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I came here for the weekend with friends. Overall, this was a lovely hotel.
Some things to note:
1) Location: Stay here if you're doing things in Dubai near Mall of Emirates/ Dubai Creek area. Don't stay here if you're going to the Marina/ JLT area - kind of far
2) Rooms: My room was simply very comfortable. I loved my bed, thought that the rain shower was great, and really enjoyed the marble bathroom and hallway. Finally, the chocolate as part of the turn down service was really delicious - I asked for and received some additional ones!
3) Pool area: I liked the pool area. Spent an afternoon there with friends and spent time on one of the beds and hanging out in the coves of the pool. Really nice - one thing though, prices are quite steep for the service at the pool. Beware. that said, when I was outside the next day they did bring around free fruit, cold towels, and water - perfect for the hot sun.
4) Room service: we had room service for dinner and it was delicious. Ordered many things as we were a large group and the service was quick, portions large, and quality high
5) Breakfast: I had breakfast at the main restaurant. Delicious buffet and the coffee was strong, just how I like it
6) wifi: now free, and good quality.
I'd recommend this hotel. I had a city view and found it was fine. Would recommend staying here if you're going to the northern area of the city.

Room Tip: go high up. higher the better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jasoncrh,

We thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Conrad Dubai.

We appreciate hearing about your experience, and are happy to learn you enjoyed the service and hotel amenities. Purobeach Urban Oasis is an all time favorite of our guests, we are glad you spent a relaxing afternoon with your friends and that the food was to your liking.

We welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again in future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

A really mixed bag.
The front desk staff deserve a 1-2 star rating.
However, the room was so good, the lobby so grand; that the inhospitality of the staff- is balanced out.
All the lobby staff are dressed & suits & ties; with an attitude to match.
Within a couple minutes of my getting to the front desk, a hotel employee comes around to me and makes fun of the amount of luggage I have. His name is Neville.
I'm not a rude person, so I won't make jokes about his excess bodyfat.
Later in my stay, when I came down to the front desk to do something; another front desk employee- Caitlin {I might be misspelling her name} burst out laughing at me.
Maybe I'm not an ultra- conservative, besuited corporate executive- but that was just uncalled for.
Before I even uttered a word, though, she addressed me by my last name. So apparently, the staff was already gossipping about their favourite new guest.
On to the wonderful rooms.
What a contrast- with the staff inhospitality.
Perfectly spotless elegance. I received a large, generously apportioned room- with views to match.
There was no dirt, nor grime, whatsoever.
My corner room was almost fully quiet- throughout most {not all} of my stay.
The smart-room control device; has a colour-coded touch pad. I pressed DND, {do not disturb} & found housekeeping ringing my bell- minutes later.
It turns out that you must simultaneously press the maid button light in a certain way.
Otherwise, the DND request is ignored.
When I told the male maid I did not request service, he was rude back.Upon leaving the room, later on, he just stood there & coldly stared me down.
I worried a bit- about the future integrity of my belongings.
The Conrad's ample use of CCTV, {security cameras} does not extend to within the room.
A guest-controllable in-room CCTV; is an unrealistic request.
But maids {if they're upset or jealous} can always basically do what they please- when a guest is outside their rooms.
Fortunately, no loss nor damage- was found by me, in THIS particular establishment.
In terms of the building entrance; there is most definitely a "wow" factor to the physical lobby.
It is immense, with ultra-high ceilings & endless marble everywhere.
My stay could EASILY have been a 5-stars. However, the manners of the haughty lobby staff, {and maid} ruined that possibility for me.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank xerophytic

Dear xerophytic,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Conrad Dubai, we really do appreciate hearing about your stay.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you found during your check in and interaction with our front office team . We always strive to deliver the outstanding service standards we set for ourselves. Your feedback and comments have been shared with the team for review and improvement.

It is our utmost priority to continue providing yourself and our guests with the highest standards of service, and we appreciate your feedback to help us improve and continue to do so

I hope to welcome you back to Conrad Dubai and have the opportunity to make your next visit a an enjoyable and memorable one.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Pros: beautiful, super close to subway, nice size rooms, service was fine but forgettable
Cons: for a new hotel it was already showing signs of wear, some design elements in room and bedroom were not made to last and I found that a little unappealing. The cleaning also left a little to be desired. While there's. A subway nearby- there wasn't much else in area to do in terms of restaurants etc. Also I think it's time hotels just offered free wi-fi in rooms, their internet cost was a tad steep and that led to crowded lobby of people on laptops and phones using the free lobby wi-fi, which required making a request for code each time.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradDubai, General Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Cynthia-NYC,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our TripAdivsor page, it is greatly appreciated.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize again for the inconveniences you found during your stay at our property. I do regret that we were not able to deliver the outstanding service standards we set for ourselves. Your feedback and comments have been shared with the concerned department heads for review and improvement. We continue to be committed to providing our guests with the highest standards of service and we appreciate your feedback to help us improve.
I completely agree with your comment about the WiFi which is why I am delighted to let you know we now offer complimentary WiFi in all our guest rooms and public areas.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to make your next visit a pleasurable and memorable one.

Kind regards.