“Perfect Stay”

Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #97 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 29, 2010

A very nice hotel to stay in. I found the room that we were given perfect, excellent facilties. All the staff were nice, professional and polite. I had Ali and Dhaminda arrange all tours that we wanted, we were recommended things to do while we were in Dubai.
There was only two problems that we incountered, one problem we had was that we had run out of milk in our room. We made 2 phone call to housekeeping, no milk, we then rang the front desk and still no milk. We spoke to the front desk when we going out to tell them what had happend on the milk situation.
The other problem that we had was that the taxis we having problems finding the hotel, on many occasion me and my wife had to direct them.
I would recommend this hotel, we had a wonderful stay and we hope to return one day.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Director of Operations at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Dear Ric3008,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments!

I was very glad to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your time at the Bonnington and I was particularly pleased to see that you mentioned Ali and Duminda by name in your review. Duminda actually just won “Employee of the Month” in March, surely due to the many good comments he gets from guests!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the milk situation. It is so difficult to find cows that work diligently and consistently these days... On a more serious note, I will address this point immediately with the departments concerned as it is ridiculous to have to call twice and still not receive any milk.

Once again, many thanks for your comments and we all hope to be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington in the not too distant future!

Best regards,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,057)

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed at the Bonnington for five days, while in Dubai for a convention. Overall I was more than satisfied with the level of service offered (especially considering the soft-opening roomrates).

There are a couple of caveats though if you're planning to stay there:

Surrounding the hotel at the moment is a great big construction site, views are not the picture postcard. Only time will tell how this turns out.

The hotel is in a quite remote location, I didn't check wether the metro-station was functional, but if it isn't, it will be in the near future. In the mean time taxis are cheap to european standards and there are plenty at the hotel.
Also be aware of the fact that between 16 and 1800hrs no alcohol is served. Not the biggest of problems, but something to be aware of since at the moment there is no mini-bar in the room. Bars are excellent (the first time ever my cigarette ashtray was spontaneously changed for one especially suited for cigars), restaurant was quite nice as well.
Taxis do not seem to be as big a problem as in earlier reviews, apart form the one I took from the airport, none seemed to have any difficulty in finding the Bonnington.
Small technical problems, such as a malfunctioning keycard were dealed with promptly; a member of staff accompanied me to my room, opened it with her masterkey and a new card was brought to me after a couple of minutes. No twenty minute wait in front of my room as mentoined by another reviewer.

Finally, were you to encounter any medical problems during your stay, as I did, the hotel nurses services are prompt, very professional (thank you again Tintu), and free of charge.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Dear luuk-schouteten,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us!

I was happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your time at the Bonnington and I was particularly delighted to see that you mentioned Ms. Tintu, our Hotel Nurse, by name in your review. So often associates like her, who are not in the “front line” on a daily basis get forgotten about!

Please allow me to comment on some of the points you raised in your review:

Much progress is being made in the areas surrounding our hotel and we publish regular updates in our blog, which can be accessed via our website.
By May, the area immediately outside the Cavendish Restaurant will be fully landscaped and feature a nice water feature and a patio.
Soon after that, the area outside the actual hotel entrance will also be finished. Both metro stations serving the area will be open by the end of the Summer and the remaining lakes should also be filled by then.

Since you stayed with us, we have filled the minibars in all our hotel rooms (not in the apartments, which is due to licensing regulations), so beverages of all sorts are now available in the comfort of your hotel room.
The break between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. refers to alcohol service in our bars only and is due to local licensing laws, which apply to all hotels in the city. We are working with the authorities to see whether we can get permission to serve during these times.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2010

This hotel takes it's reputation very seriously. The standards are impeccableand the service was attentive in every respect but still discreet. This is a brand new hotel and the design of everything, right down to the bathroom taps, has been given a lot of thought - and it shows. The only small downside was that the volume of business in Healeys Bar on Ladies night rather outstripped the capacity of the meal serving staff. The hotel manager took the trouble to contact me after my stay and assure me that this problem has now been addressed. There is - of course - a lot of construction in the vicinity but this is normal for Dubai in it's present stage of development.
It's a little way out of the city centre but very handy for JBR and the Palm.

All in all a superb 3 day stop-over on our way back from Mauritius.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Director of Operations at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2010

Dear ChrisCraysPond,

Many thanks for your comments!

I was happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your time at the Bonnington and I’m delighted that you liked the design and the standards.

Please accept my apologies for the service shortfalls you experienced during Ladies Night in our Healey’s Bar – the popularity of this night did, indeed, take us a bit by surprise, but we have now made a variety of operational changes, which should ensure that the service should flow much better during future events.

Once again, ChrisCraysPond, many thanks for your comments and we all hope to be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington in the not too distant future!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

My only grip is, that i require the internet for business purposes, you cannot get on the internet most of the time, you are then advised to use the business centre which has the same problem. If i was management I would listen to your guests /residence as you do restrict your clientel to holiday makers till this area is fixed,.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
bonningtontower, Director of Operations at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Dear MOMTAZ99,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your views with us!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the Internet connection problems you experienced, this was due to a major breakdown of some vital equipment from our Internet access service provider. Unfortunately, this problem took longer than expected to fix as the local support in Dubai was not able to successfully restore our network and had to escalate the matter to the company’s head office.
The service has now been restored and I am actually typing this management reply from one of the computers in our Business Centre, resting my hand on one of our recently added very comfortable mouse pads and admiring the computer’s CAPS LOCK key.

Naturally, we will continue to fine-tune and, where possible and needed, improve our Internet access services.

Once again, MOMTAZ99, many thanks for your comments and we all hope to be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington in the not too distant future now that the Internet is working fine.

Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed at the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers for five nights & overall were pretty impressed. The hotel itself looks exactly like the office blocks it is surrounded by - shiny steel & chic marble. The staff were charming, the rooms large & very comfortable with an enormous TV screen but for five nights it really wasn't the hotel for us. It never felt more than a super comfortable business accomodation - predominantly, it is not the kind of hotel you would spend a lot of time in relaxing. The pool is on the eleventh floor with apartments above so gets very little sun & the loungers are limited. Plus of course the view all around is building sites! Not ideal for a chill out.

The other slight negative is that most of the taxi drivers had no idea where the hotel is so we spent lots of our time directing. Not a problem once we knew ourselves but it took a while as the building really does blend in with the office high rises. Lucky for us we were helped by a giant Irish flag hanging from the building to celebrate St.Patricks day!

Would I recommend? Yes but for a night or two only if its a leaisure break. Business- no problem.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Director of Operations at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Dear Scarlet2711,

Many thanks for your comments!

I was happy to read that you were overall very impressed by the Bonnington and found the rooms to be comfortable.

Just as well that you stayed during St. Patrick’s Day week as the largest Irish flag ever displayed in the Middle East certainly provided a very good orientation point for everybody on the way to the hotel. Having said that, as the roads around the hotel are being finalised, we will of course install more permanent signs in addition to the current temporary ones we have already put up.

I hear what you are saying about the pool area – we do try to provide the best environment for both business as well as leisure travellers and we will soon expand our bus shuttles to nearby beaches, will then give guests who want to sunbathe additional options to do so.

It was certainly a pleasure having you with us and once again, many thanks, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Just come back from 5 days in Dubai and stayed here at the Bonnington hotel. Service was excellent and the room was comfortable and plush. Food & drinks aren't bad and they make a good effort with specials - for example we had an Arabic BBQ one evening on the terrace and on another evening they were celebrating St Patrick's Day with special promos etc. The leisure deck on the 11th floor is great for chilling out with far-reaching views and a warm pool to take a dip in.

The hotel is located in Jumeriah Lake Towers which is a developing plot so it's pretty much a building site around the hotel. However as we found out, the most convinient way to get around is by taxi (very reasonable) and there was always some parked outside the hotel. Even though the hotel felt a bit out of the way, it served as a great base and a lovely place to come back to after a day of sight-seeing.

Thanks to the Bonnington for such a comfortable stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Director of Operations at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2010

Dear TravelStar02,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very glad you enjoyed your time with us!

I was also happy to read that you liked the Arabic BBQ on our Healey’s Terrace and, of course, our St. Patrick’s Day celebrations!

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed at Bonnington Hotel for 3 Nights last week. Hotel exterior and Interior is all new and looks excellent. We had a Deluxe room which was very spacious and very clean and new looking, bathroom was even nicer. Room was nicely decorated.

Positive experience overall apart from a couple of small issues, on one day our room was not made in the evening, when we got back to the room at 11:00 p.m, we phoned reception and asked if this can be done but we were told that it is not possibile as other guests will be disturbed which did not make sense (How would the guests be disturbed by moving pillows etc?). One of our friends called for us at Hotel and left 2 messages which were not passed on to us.

All guests have free access to internet on Business Centre but internet was really really slow, not worth using it.

Apart from that no complaints, staff were warm and pleasent. Nice pool, good size and fairly quiet.

Nearest Metro not yet open but most places were a short taxi ride away and taxi is very cheap.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Director of Operations at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

Dear sherazandaneesa,

Many thanks for your review!

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Dubai and at the Bonnington, however, I was very concerned to read about the problems you encountered when asking for your room to be made up. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused. Naturally, you room should have been serviced even at 11 p.m., though we do try and avoid using vacuum cleaners at that late hour in order not to inconvenience other guests. I will look into this matter immediately to ensure that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

I am sorry for the slow Internet connection in the Business Centre during your stay – we had some issues with a vital piece of Internet-related equipment, which caused the Internet to essentially grin to a halt for a couple of days. I am happy to say that it is all fixed now and the surf’s up again!

I will certainly also look into the matter of your friend’s messages and why they were not passed on to you – by any chance, can your friend remember who he/she spoke to?

Once again, many thanks, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers in the not too distant future.