“The Bonnington Towers Hotel Gets it Right Every Time!!!!!”

Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #79 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Crosspool, Sheffield, UK
“The Bonnington Towers Hotel Gets it Right Every Time!!!!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

What can I say! This hotel for us was awesome. We stayed for just 5 days and to be honest we didn’t want to come home. This Boutique hotel ticked all the boxes for me and my wife and we both have agreed it was the best holiday we have ever had hands down!!! We have stayed in some grand hotels in Paris, London & New York but for us personally the Bonnington is the better. The staff are a credit and cant do enough for you, the personal touches like carrying stuff and opening doors, and wishing you a good morning or evening make all the difference. A prime example of this service is when I ask for some brown sauce at breakfast and the English gentleman running the restaurant kindly told me they did not have any but he would get me some for next time I came down for breakfast. Sure enough, he remembered and brought it over to our table the next morning. Excellent I thought, attention to details makes the customer experience a pleasure. Moving on, the facilities to the hotel are mint, the pool is impressive and photographs and pictures do not do this justice, you need to see this place for yourself.
In the 5 days we were there we used all the facilities the leisure deck had to offer and we were as you can guess very impressed, my missus used the hairdressers there and to be honest I have never seen her hair look so good. I used the gym and steam room a few times and was in my element. The rooms are huge and fully equipped with power showers and double sinks, massive wardrobe and the giant TV on the wall was brilliant.
Everywhere was air-conditioned and an added bonus for us was the free internet access in the reception, great to check the online banking when your Mrs has spent a fortune.
Also I have to mention the Healey Bar, very chic and glamorous and you do feel you’re in a special place as soon as you walked in. The terrace to the bar is out of this world and the view is incredible and for me made the Bonnington Tower Hotel the best hotel choice I have ever made.

Before I finish this review I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the staff at the Bonnington Tower Hotel especially to the lady who shown us around on our very first day, you made us feel very welcome and could not do enough for us. Thanks to the big chap with the fantastic smile looking after the Leisure deck in the afternoon, he was a star, helped me with my stuff and showed me the gym and where the changing rooms where and sorted towels out for the sun lounges. Last but not leased, not forgetting the very smartly dress English chap who ran the restaurant and fetched me that sauce. You’re a superstar keep up the good work.

And finally because I know I have babbled on a bit, a big thank you to the Hotel Manager, your hotel is unique and a special place and the standard of service your staff give is a winning combination, they are a credit to you and you should be very proud. Well Done!

On a different note have you got any availability for next September, because guess what we wanna come back!!! Haha.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, December 11, 2009
Dear skeeley,,

Many thanks for your review and praise!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your time in Dubai and that you are planning to come back next year! I am positive that we will have a room for you then and we’ll make sure that we have brown sauce as standard by then at our breakfast buffet!

I have already shared your comments with my colleagues and we have also posted your review on our Facebook page.

Once again, many thanks and all the best,

Alan Bostock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, England
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I will start off by saying that if you are on a budget but want to stay in a nice hotel near a few hotspots, book this hotel. It's near Jumeirah Beach Walk and the Dubai Marina, two good places to visit. It is a five star hotel in Dubai with nice, luxurious features. However, don't expect it to be perfect. The service, whilst very polite, friendly and courteous, is slow. Room service takes its time, and if you ask the same question to two different members of staff, don't be surprised to get two different answers, or no answer at all! As others have said, the hotel is practically in the middle of a building site (but not as bad as some have made out), but if you know your way around Dubai then you can quickly guide your taxi driver to the right location. Just ask to go to Jumeirah Lakes Towers and then provide your own directions!

However, I would stay here again if I was to visit Dubai again. Although the service was average in places, I would put it down to teething problems as it isn't fully launched. And the fact that there are many unfinished buildings and ugly building sites surrounding the Bonnington isn't the hotel's fault - much of Dubai is at a standstill when it comes to buildings works. If you stay at this hotel expecting these things and manage them accordingly, you can have a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The hotel is value for money because the rooms are great and the décor is in keeping with five star luxury.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you want five star surroundings at an affordable price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, December 5, 2009
Dear Vikdaddy,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you liked our rooms and the general decor of the property.

Please rest assured that we are addressing all service-related issues as a matter of priority and progress is made daily.

London
Reviewed December 1, 2009

It would be unfair to criticise this hotel to ruthlessly, as it has great potential.

BUT (and it's a big but) the place is literally wallowing in a dust-bowl in the middle of nowhere, apparently in some kind of taxi no-mans-land (possibly as there's nothing else nearby that would require a cabbie to know the area).

The surrounding neighbourhood (and that word suggests far too much of a sense of community) consists of several yet-to-be-filled artificial lakes, numerous unfinished tower blocks, a motorway (which does a great job of blocking one off even further from the more developed neighbourhood opposite, as there's no pedestrian access over it!) and not a lot else.

The hotel plays a nauseating piece of Cafe Del Mar muzak on continuous loop in the lobby, which had me ready to scream after a couple of days. Just one cheesy song, playing over and over again. Poor staff. They told me that the hotel designer mandated it: cynical b**tard!

The hotel management succeeded in evacuating part of the hotel by mistake while I was there, when they ran a fire alarm test without...erm...telling the guests that there was a fire alarm test.

I could go on ranting, but a lot of the other stuff was teething problems for a new hotel. On the bright side, the (overpriced) restaurant was offering good food, and the bar is a bit of a local haunt for ex-pats coming in from the desert of unfinished apartments in which they live nearby.

Give it a couple of years - assuming Dubai isn't closed down for financial incompetence - and this will be a nice, if synthetic, neighbourhood. The soon-to-open Metro station nearby will help to make it more accessible.

But for now I'd say steer clear of this hotel until they've improved their own processes, and the surrounding area has been tidied up a little. It's got great potential, but avoid for now.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, December 2, 2009
Dear kiwimark75,

What do you expect out of a Torquay hotel window? If it was up to us, we would also prefer to see four filled lakes rather than the current two and some grass and plants around our property. Unfortunately, our influence ends right outside our front door. Having said that, we are in regular talks with the local authorities and progress is being made week by week. The third lake is nearly ready for filling and the fourth lake is being prepared, too.
I'm glad you pointed out the music and I would like to thank you for doing so - one of the good things about TripAdvisor reviews is that it brings such matters to our attention. Over the last few weeks we were so busy getting things up and running that small (but still important!) matters like this slipped through the net. I have looked at our music system and it seems extremely powerful - we'll load some additional music in the coming week.

Please accept my apologies for the unannounced fire alarm testing, which resulted from a misunderstanding between outside contractors and our in-house staff. We have now addressed this situation and I am positive that all future fire alarm tests will be communicated to our guests in advance.

We would be happy to welcome you back to the Bonnington if you are thinking of returning to Dubai in the future, even it is just for a drink or two in our Healey's Bar. I promise you that there will be no out of date kippers to kill you, and no conversations over breakfast with senile retired Army Majors or dear old things who are as deaf as posts.
And the owner will neither abuse you when you ask a simple question nor, despite the fact you’re watching, take physically to an English-impaired waiter from Barcelona…

Many thanks, best regards and "¿Qué?",

cumbria
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Our first time in Dubai so we did not know what to expect.. Hotel and staff wonderful very luxurious room and the pool was a bonus. The only downside we were so far out. Taxis are cheap and available. Time wasted travelling. 2 weeks would be better than 4 nights .

1 Thank worldwisecumbria
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 29, 2009
Dear worldwisecumbria,

Many thanks for your review and kind words! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington in the future.

Aylesbury
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Hotel rooms well designed with every ammenity. Night view from Bar terrace stunning.
At moment a taxi is required, due to surrounding construction works, but they are fairly cheap. Catering not yet up to a standard to tempt inhouse dining.
Staff could not be bettered although room service was a little slow.
A bargin if you can get a deal via Lastminute .com!!

1 Thank buckstraveller10
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 28, 2009
Dear buckstraveller10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property following your recent stay with us.
I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Bonnington!
As we are moving closer to our grand opening in early spring next year, we are constantly expanding our services and facilities - a review of our current food & beverage offerings is very high on the agenda and we will have full menus available in our Authors' Lounge, Healey's Bar, the Cavendish Restaurant and Room Service in the next 2 weeks.

Herts
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We got a very good deal because it was the "soft launch", but everything we needed for a comfortable stay was working well. The room was spacious, well fitted, stylish (if you like contemporary marble, glass and wood) and comfortable. Service was unobtrusive but always there when we needed it (even at 2 am), and the staff were eager to help - even to the extent of helping solve a problem with our car hire company after we'd left, which is more than you'd get elsewhere. The only meal we wanted was breakfast but it was a good spread with excellent quality and variety and a pretty good price for Dubai (80 dh/£13.50 pp). The public spaces are stunning.

Yes, the neighbourhood is still being developed, it's some way south of the original centre of Dubai in the Marina/Jumeirah Lakes area, and the taxi drivers haven't all located it yet; but the hotel is clearly destined to be very good indeed. I can only hope we'll be able to afford the prices it ought to be able to command!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 26, 2009
Dear wordie,

Many, many thanks for your kind words. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful.
We will always aim to provide excellent value for money and I am sure you will be able to return at some time in the future if you so wish. The Bonnington team would, of course, be delighted to welcome you back!

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This is a great hotel.......no complaints about ....that but we were not warned we would be surrounded by many many new bulidings being erected. It seemed as though we were staying on a building site, in fact most of Dubai is like this now.I doubt if we will ever return to the Dubai we once knew.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
Dear emailadrienne,

Many thanks for your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed staying at our hotel. Having been a resident of Dubai for a couple of years now and, before that, visited the city on several occasions, I am still amazed by the changes Dubai has gone through over the last few years and indeed the changes it is still going through now. Jumeirah Beach Residences, Dubai Marina, the Burj Dubai – all these places did not even exist when I first came to Dubai some years ago. Today, these and many other places attract a lot of tourists and business visitors to the city.
While Jumeirah Lakes Towers and many other areas of Dubai are currently still under construction, I believe that once they are finished, they will add considerable value to Dubai as a tourist and business destination and will help to attract future generations of travellers.