“Average customer service and adequate hotel facilities”

Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #90 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Staying for 3 weeks here and would expect better client service. Their logo was "it's all about you ....". Well, really? Upon arrival, I had problems with the internet coonectiion and needed faster connection for work reasons. When asking the reception, I was given this answer "We can upgrade you but it will cost you 50 per hour or so. I was like "Eh, I am staying and paying for 22n, would it be possible to get upgrade for 1n? No.
I asked if it would be possible to get complimentary dry cleaning of 1 set of work attire (1 shirt and 1 pants), as I did get this service in Singapore and Shanghai on other business trips. Reception again said: No, you can use our dry cleaning service (ofcourse I know I can use hotel dry cleaning service).
In my room there was a "personal" note from the GM (General Manager), so I wrote to the given address. Email address given was incorrect, so my email bounced back. I fwd that email to the reservation email address and asked whether there is something wrong with the email address and how I could write to the GM. Never heard back. Whereas when I wrote to the same reservation email address to inquire about room availability, I got a prompt feedback. We talk about summer, low season in Dubai, Ramandan, so I don't exactly think the reservation is swamped in email.
The hotel promotes that you can register your frequent flyer card with them, but when I asked I got rejected. The reason was that the booking was made by my compay travel desk. They said that I could only register my stay if I didn't book thru my company. I asked if this rule was stated somewhere, and the response was no, it's just our company policy. Heh. OK. So I asked further "assuming that I cancel my booking, and then re-book under my name, would that be OK?
Housekeeping staff is friendly but they keep forgetting to supply drinking water in my room (Dubai summer - ultar hot outside). I am used to get 2-3 bottles of drikning water free of charge, here I have to remind the staff. So my point is, I never felt "it's all about me", so it would be better to remove this branding slogan, which in reality didn't mean anything. For a so-called 5 star hotel, I would say that the facilities are adequate to its peers. But the customer service training may need upgrading in order to set this hotel apart in a city full of hotel competitors. Would I return? For the same amount of money, I would go somewhere else. I still have 1 week left and wonder if I should just check out early and test other facilities. Perhaps staff and customer service is average elsewhere in Dubai as well :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emilus
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Emilus,

Many thanks for your comments and bringing them to our attention while you were still in house. I gather that our Guest Service Manager, Greg, has already spoken to you & apologised for the service shortfalls you experienced during the first part of your stay.

We are still investigating why your email did not reach me - had it done, the matter would have obviously been addressed immediately.

We have already discussed your feedback in detail with our supervisors and I am confident that such issues will not reoccur.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and I hope that you will enjoy the rest of your stay with us!

All the best,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I spent a week here. It is a large tower block with very well equipped and high quality rooms, efficient and courteous staff, good restaurant and two bars attached - one very upmarket and the other (Irish) bar was very lively (although the latter was too noisy for us - OK for the younger set). We also made daily use of the business centre, where we were given timely assistance with scanning, printing and other office services. Internet was free in our room and elsewhere.
We found the gym but it appeared too small and therefore crowded - so we didn't use it; and the small outdoor pool on the 11th floor was in fact between floors (multiplpe apartments on the higher stories). This meant there was no opportunity to sunbathe around the pool as it was in continuous shade - OK for some, but not for us. We took the option of the 20-minute walk to the beach. For getting out and about we took a taxi (very frequent and easily available at the hotel door) or for further afield we took the metro - which is a 15-minute walk away.
The hotel was, on balance, quite exceptional in what really matters - courtesy, ambience, quality of food, luxurious rooms and good efficient service.

Room Tip: Don't worry about this - the glass lift is totally silent and each floor is laid out in an open...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Seenoff,

Many thanks for your review! We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Bonnington in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went here for 8 days, not long enough wish I had booked longer. Great location only 5 mins to metro and another few mins walk through the metro to Dubai Marina. Great breakfast selection. Friendly helpful staff, great service, comfy beds, no outside noise, never heard a sound from outside once we were in our room. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 10th floor has a balcony ideal for smokers
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mahoneyandme
bonningtontower, General Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear mahoneyandme,

Very many thanks for your review! It was nice to see that you had an enjoyable stay at the Bonnington and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went to Dubai for the weekend and stayed there. We were 3 people in a two bedroom serviced apartment. We slept like babies in the comfortable beds. The rooms were very clean, and modernly decorated. There's also a supermarket right next to the hotel. Amazing hotel, great service, friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tania A

Dear Tania A,

Many thanks for your review! It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our serviced residences and found the apartment and service to your liking.

All the best,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Beautifully located between Jumeirah lake towers.Rooms are very nice,clean and well kept.Hotel staff are very attentive and helpful.It has a very nice restaurant downstairs which serves very nice food blended in dubai style.Metro station is also at walk able distance.I will recommend this is as an outstanding hotel and will love to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ankita0004,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us following your recent stay with us. It's always nice to hear from business travellers and we were happy to see that you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the Front Desk staff to Housekeeping, you will be pleasantly surprised at this Dubai Hotel. The rooms are not overstated but excellent. The food is exemplary, with great variety (even Pork Sausages and Bacon at Breakfast) and great value. Within walking distance of the Rapid Transit to Shopping Malls and other attractions. This is my second stay and will not be my last.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidandCherry

Dear DavidandCherry,

Very many thanks for your review! It was nice to see that you had an enjoyable 2nd stay at the Bonnington and it would indeed be a pleasure to welcome you back for a 3rd time in the not too distant future!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here just over two years ago, and again late May this year. This hotel is spotlessly clean, staff can't do enough to help you. Breakfast unbeatable! Beds so big and comfortable. Bonnington ticked all our boxes. Dubai is such a big city, no hotel can be near everything, Bonnington 5 minutes from Metro, so unless you are after a beach holiday ... The Bonnington is for you. Prices for a true 5 star are very competitive too ..... Love this hotel!

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BELLELiverpool
bonningtontower, Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear BELLELiverpool,

Many thanks for your review! It was very nice to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us even more than the first one!

We hope to be able to welcome you back for a third stay before too long!