“Decent accommodation, cockroaches in the kitchen”

Ranked #15 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked this place for one night because my desired hotel was fully booked. The appartment was really spacious while admittedly, the furniture looked a bit 'lost' in it. You could tell the effort that had gone into it, but along with this outfitting, a layout of slightly smaller dimensions would have been perfect. The electric plugs were so inexpediently distributed over the living room, it was a challenge where to operate my laptop best. In the end I had to sit on the coach, doing my work in a quite uncomfortable position. The bathrooms were clean and overall OK, the lighting not very comfortable, though.

The room service had to come and show me how to operate the satellite TV set. I couldn't figure it myself. No instructions were provided in written form.

The staircase and floors were misleading. As far as I do remember there were no clear directions how to get to the lobby and exit. Even worse with the elevators, finding the correct floor to exit the building was sheer trial-and-error. Had to try for 10 minutes, going back and forth. Not good.

There were cockroaches below the sink. The first and only time I spotted vermin in the Middle East. Bad.

By the time I was guest at this place, my living room window was facing a huge construction site in the background as the entire area was under heavy construction. That way I didn't try the pool below my window which surely was OK.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Deepak S, Director of Sales at Suha Hotel Apartments by Mondo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for taking out some time to write about us. We are glad that you stayed at Suha Hotel Apartments by Mondo and found rooms spacious with clean bathrooms and nice swimming pool. We regret the experience with our facilities and services that were less than perfect. While we continuously strive our efforts in the direction of making our guest’s stay comfortable therefore we are disappointed to know the fact that you were unable to enjoy your stay.

We have made a note of your response and ensure to make essential improvements to make your future stay with us better and pleasant. Do visit us and make us your host again. Once again, we thank you for the review.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went with family inc my little daughter.
Location was fantastic but room was littered with ved bugs.
Staff did help us chane rooms but this one had bed bugs also and worst of all a cockroah, i will upload pics of the critters.
I rang my booking agent and moved hotel mid holiday.

Very disapointed as location is perfect
Also hotel rooms can do with freshning up

If they took time got specialists in rid hotel of bedbugs and cleaned/ freshen rooms up will be good place

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Alkahly
Deepak S, Director of Sales at Suha Hotel Apartments by Mondo, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

At first, we thank you for choosing Suha Hotel Apartments by Mondo for your trip to Dubai. We are glad to know that you find location to be perfect; however, we regret that your experience was not up to the mark. We apologize for all the discomfort and inconvenience faced by you and your family. We do not intent to give unpleasant experience to our guests and work hard on maintaining our amenities; therefore, it is disappointing that you were not able to enjoy the stay.

We assure to make necessary amends to make your stay experience better on your next trip. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to serve you in future as well.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed with two children for one week
Very good hotel
Apartments are very confortable, reception is very friendlly and the localisation is absolutlly great
Very good value for the money

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Piotr Z
Deepak S, Director of Sales at Suha Hotel Apartments by Mondo, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Suha Hotel Apartments by Mondo for your recent stay at Dubai. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property with your family. Our goal is to provide our visitors with a great fulfilling experience without compromising on the quality and cost.

We are grateful once again for your rating and look forward to have you once again.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is a great property in the heart of Jumeirah Beach, Dubai with anything you would want close at hand. The apartments are huge, clean for an apartment stay property, and well kitted-out. It seems they have responded to some earlier criticism about appearances, and the lobby is acceptable, but still small (remember this is an apartment stay, not a 4, or 5 star hotel).

There are dozens of restaurants close by and a grocery just out of the front door to the right. There is also a decent spa located in the same building.

The only criticism was with the check-in. It seems they are still slow with their cleaning. Check-in time was 2PM (we arrived at 2) and were told it would be some time. We didn't mind as we wanted to go for lunch anyway. We got back from lunch and still had to wait another 30-40min. Our one reward was late check-out the next day. Because of the check-in issues, I wouldn't recommend this property for weary travellers flying-in. We were just taking a short city trip to go to the first annual Dubai Comic Con.

Room Tip: Book online for the best rates
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jcmach1
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed in a two-bed apartment, two adults and two children (7 & 9 years). It was a very spacious apartment. It had a main bedroom with a king size bed and a smaller bedroom with two single beds. Each bedroom had ample storage space. The main bedroom had an en suite too, there were two other bathrooms, one just a guest toilet.

The sitting area was ample and the dining area adjacent to it had a large 6-seater table. The kitchenette was a very good size and had all the utilities as well as a dishwasher. There was also a washing machine/dryer in another storage room. In addition, you had a ironing room, complete with board and iron and hanging rails. There was a balcony which we didn't use much as we were on the 7th floor so it was a little too windy most days as well as noisy from nearby construction. There is only one TV and its in the living room, there was also a DVD player. Best of all it had free wifi which worked very well but only in the living room!

The rooms were cleaned daily and promptly when we were ready to have them cleaned. There was ample supply of towels and toiletries. Cleaning was well managed and well done. The only thing is that there are no wipes/towels/cloths in the kitchen to clean up after a meal. Either take your own or buy some from the supermarket located downstairs.

We stayed here a total of 10 days and it was like going from home to home. The accommodation is not luxurious, maybe a 4* I guess, but the amount of space you get makes up for this. The decor is also basic but tidy and clean, perfect for us for kids!

The swimming pool is loacted outside the apartment, just around the building. Its a big pool, clean and was generally empty while we were there. By 2pm it was in complete shade which was perfect for the kids. We only ventured to the beach once and thats when my son got stung by jellyfish. See my forum message on that! We only used the pool after that.

Location is a very good feature of these apartments. We were based in Sadaf (there are 5 areas in Jumeirah Beach). We were up on the plaza level so go to the beach (which I could view from my balcony) we had a 1-2 minute walk, down a lift and walk to the beach. At this ground level, there are all the shops and restaurants too, there are so many places to eat! There are also many restaurants at the plaza level if you don't fancy the crowds.

The supermarket is tiny, more like a Tesco express but it is well stocked, a little pricey maybe but then most things are in Dubai. They have a range of all basic essentials and a little more too. We managed to buy some floaty toys for the kids there too.

We were around 20-30 minutes away from Dubai Mall which we visited many times. There are closer smaller malls like Dubai Marina mall and Ibn Battuta mall. See my reviews on those too.

I would recommend this property without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you are higher up, there is the element of it being to windy in the balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank subzy
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The apartment looked nice and clean, but if we hade known what we know today we would have understood that there were bedbugs already after the first night in the room. I then saw some grayish stains on the sheet, but I thought maybe they were Make Up stains or anything. They changed the sheets and I didn´t think more about it. Not until the fourth morning when I saw more of the same kind of stains and also some blood smears. We then started to examine the bed and found a blood filled bedbug crawling behind the bed frame.
We were given another apartment which the manager guaranteed would be free from bedbugs and we made a thourough inspeciton of the beds there before we accepted it.
I understand bedbugs can occur even in the cleanest of hotel rooms, but what bothers me is that the housekeeping must have seen the signs when they were cleaning the room. Why didn´t anyone do anything? Were they hoping that we wouldn´t notice anything before we went home with the bugs?
The manager also told us that the apartment hade been treated against bedbugs a month earlier. Wouldn´t that have made them extra aware of the signs?
Now at home we have been washing washing and heating everything from the trip in the tumble dryer, but I can´t help worrying that we brought some bugs or eggs at home.
I really hope that that the management of Suha treat this bug problem seriously, because beside of that it is a really nice apartment hotel, with friendly staff in a great location.

Room Tip: Don´t hesitate to ask if there has been a problem with bedbugs in the room earlier.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank HeleneLund
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have stayed in Suha apartments twice now. Each time for a girls weekend. We rented a 2 bedroom apartment - it is huge! No problems with bathroom sharing either. There was an issue with odour from the bathrooms, one in particular. I suspect this is due to a sealing problem with pipes or the toilet pan. Quite unpleasant, solved by keeping the door closed but almighty stinky when you need to use the bathroom. The reception were helpful in summoning taxis. The little supermarket close by is quite well stocked.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends