“Excellent 5 star Hotel!!!!!”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #65 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed for three days at the Sofitel following a busy week cruising the gulf. We arrived early, and although check in was not until the afternoon, reception staff went out of their way to arrange a room immediately - upgrading us to a luxury room with fantastic views across the Palm.
I have to say this was a immaculate 5 star hotel and ALL staff were so pleasant, attentive and helpful. As an example, we happened to mention it was our wedding anniversary and that night we arrived back to our room to find a card from the manager along with chocolates and a cake!
Breakfast is buffet style with an amazing selection of food and much is freshly made or cooked by chefs to order.
The location of the hotel is right on 'The Walk' adjacent to Jumeirah Beech. There are numerous quality restaurants in the vicinity all of which are reasonably priced and within walking distance of the hotel.
Overall, this was a first class hotel in a very good location and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your gulf cruise. We always go extra mile(s) to make our guests' stay pleasant, such as yours. This is the meaning of true luxury and that is what we are known for.
We are glad to have made your special day more special with that extral little touch.

Look forward to welcome you again on your next visit.

Sami Nasser

Write a ReviewReviews (5,931)

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel every two or three months for 2 years and I have to say that I have never experienced more personal service. When i once arrived very late in the night without packing tights that I needed for an early business meeting the next day, i was given the receptionists spare pair. They remember me and nothing is to much, the staff seems to really enjoy working here as I always find them smiling and over the last two year I haven't seen many new faces. The rooms are great, esspecially the full sea view ones, the pool with swim-up bar a dream and the location very nice. The gym is very good. But what makes this hotel special is the great staff!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your visits to Dubai. It is always special when our regular guests write a review. We will continue to impress you with personalised service and high quality facilities.

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

The bad: Traveling by cab, this hotel was the last one on the marina strip called Jumeirah Beach Resort area which was sort of inconvenient. I ran into traffic every time I head back to the hotel, about a 5-8 minute wait. Although free, they had wifi issues during my entire stay. Room service forgot my order the first night I checked in. Food at the Plantation Lounge took 40 minutes to prepare.

The good: The hotel is otherwise really nice. Their lobby, like all other Sofitels, has a nice smell to it. The room has impressive views, my balcony allowed me to see Palm Island/Atlantis and on the right was a view of the marina. Their infinity pool has amazing views.

Would I stay here again? Probably not, just because it's too far from all the major attractions and financial district. The marina area is known for its nice residential buildings. If you're an ex-pat staying longer than a month, this will be an ideal area to park your luggage. There is also the metro which would've helped with the commute but I didn't use it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I am happy that you liked our modern design. The hotel has is a blend of Arabic and French cultures and it is visible in the architecture. The fragrance we used is imported from Paris and is a standard across all the Sofitel hotels. All our rooms face the sea and offer breathtaking views.

It is a pity that your overall experience was affected because of the traffic conditions in the area nearby. It gets conjusted on weekends becuase of the posh reputation of the area. One can easily spot all the expensive cars and bikes on a weekend. Most of our guests prefer to walk it out because of this uninvited road show that delays the otherwise 5 mins drive.
I was informed by my IT deptt. that the internet connection is stable in the hotel. If you don't mind sending me your room number on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae, I will have the room checked for internet connectivity. I apologise for the inconvenience caused at the Plantation lounge and by room service. I can better look into the matter if I have the details of your stay. Please reply with the details of your stay.

I want to thank you again for your detailed review. It will definitely help us in improving our service standards.

I wish you a pleasant stay in Dubai on your next visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

The hotel position and public areas are nice, the restaurants and bars are wonderful, the pool is Good, but there is a problem with the bathroom, the WC area was so small it was impossible to use, literally!!! I can only describe room 1707. In my opinion it was designed by an idiot, built by a fool and is kept this way by madness.. If all the WC's are the same then I wouldn't stay there again. I think 5 star hotels should be about details, and this major problem hasn't been fixed since opening in 2009 - why?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I'm glad you liked the hotel, its services and the location.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to the bathroom size. The hotel is designed in such a way that all the rooms have a view of the ocean and to make such a design possible, the architect had to take a few inches from a couple of rooms. Unfortunately, 1707 is one of them. We avoid renting that room to guests but due to a high demand period, we had to sell it.
Please send me your stay details on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae as I would like to handle your complaint personally.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2011

It is the best hotel in Dubai - JBR area, I like the hotel and t JBR area. I strongly recommend it for any one who is looking for short break near the beach.The view of Luxury rooms is great.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and taking time to write a review about your stay. Such positive feedback is necessary for staff motivation.

I want to thank you again for your comments and I look forward to your arrival on your next visit to Dubai.

General manager

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Hotel is located on the Walk in Dubai Marina. Great location as you can "walk" along the beach and find a large number of restaurants, bars, and shops! Probably the best part of Dubai!

Hotel itself is new and very nicely decorated! Warm and cosy feeling! Size of the room is good, wifi is free and staff is very well trained to answer all your needs within a short time!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Despite being frequent traveller members the Hilton has NEVER checked us in at Jumeirah before 12, we arrived at about 10 and were taken straight to our room. We chose to pay more for a guaranteed view of the front, the sunset and The Walk. I travel twice a year to Dubai, and have gotten to the stage where I check out an Hotel before I decide to stay, I had viewed the Sofitel last October and was very impressed. The staff are exceptioanlly warm and very polite. We celebrate our anniversary or birthday in Dubai each year, most hotels add petals or something romantic in the room, Hilton provide this and also a chocolate cake. Sofitel, gave us a cake and a personalised card from the general manager, hand written, a lovely touch, we also had sugar sweets. The turn down service is excellent and the chocolates are lovely. The room has a lovely deluge shower - walk in as well as a bath, where you can pull the doors open to view the sunset, chat or watch TV whatever you wish, a great idea. The lifts are a little slow but as you need your card to operate they only have residents beyond the 3rd floor. Breakfast was excellent with a Port table that had excellent back bacon, along with a wealth of other food, the hotels French theme means there is a great deal of choice. The Hub was also excellent and was lively all the staff were excellent also they were very good at remembering your drinks, another great touch. However, the highlight of our stay was most definately the pool bar, we love spending our afternoons in the pool and also at the bar, the one at the Hilton, doesn't get the sun during the day and tends to be quite cool in Oct or Feb when we travel. The sun arrived at the pool area around half 12 in Feb, and we were spoilt so much with Kagiso Monageng who was the Cocktail barman who was both entertaining and professional, he clearly loves his job and enjoys trying to get you to invent a new cocktail - mine is Just Jumeirah, A cocktail he tells me will appear in the menu for the next time we come, even if this is not so, all staff were fantastic and all made an effort to make the stay as comfortable as possible. My only concern is the up lighters that are black and appear all over the pool area as well as the outside area of the restaurant, they are slightly raised and I did notice a few people tripping slightly, I think this is the only thing in the whole stay that I could find to be concerned about, other than the French family who thought it appropriate to call me a Pig, to the children, only to be embarrassed when they made noises and I asked them who the pig was lol,