“Amazing!”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #66 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 1, 2014

From the moment you walk in you know this is a wonderful place to stay. Staff were wonderful and helpful. It is in a great location.Food at the hotel is good. Only negative which others have stated and is very minor- number of lounges by the pool. We will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JessTrent
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our staff friendly and helpful. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for your nice comments. We do find that most of our guests enjoy our location as we are in close proximity to ‘must see’ places like “The Walk”, "The Beach" , Dubai Marina and many more. Please do visit us again as we would like to create one more “Magnifique” Journey for you.

Gabor Bors
Director of Operations

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed at the Sofitel Jumeirah beach again exactly 3 years since my first visit. Firstly, I am a big fan of the Sofitel chain and have stayed in other properties around the world, the mysofitel bed range is just fantastic and they are the comfiest beds I have slept in. I was so impressed with this particular property the first time - unfortunately the second time, the shine was taken off quite a bit.

Pluses of my stay:
1) In the 3 years since we stayed first, they have done huge development along the JBR beachfront - what was a undeveloped car park which you had to walk across to get to the beach is now hugely developed into lots of new shops, restaurants, an outdoor cinema etc, including a Sephora which is literally opposite the hotel (big plus!).
2)The pool area has been improved and there seems to be more fans blowing water etc, more loungers etc;
3) It is still a luxurious, very comfortable, pristinely clean hotel;
4)We got a fantastic deal on hotels combined as it was low season and Ramadan for $153 a night for a superior side sea view room for 2 people including breakfast a night which when I compare to what I have paid for 3 star hotels on my trip in Europe was an amazing price.

Some negatives:
1) It was Ramdan, and contrary to what local friends had advised about the hotel being a 'tourist zone' where we would be allowed to eat and drink freely, the pool bar which we had so much enjoyed the last time was closed - we could not even have a drink by the pool - which in 44 degrees+ was a downfall that we had to keep getting up and leaving the pool area to go back inside, dress appropriately to leave the pool frequently to get even a drink of water. I understand about Ramadan, but other resorts we visited such as Atlantis on the palm did not have this restriction in place as so many tourists were there. We had really enjoyed ordering drinks and lunch from the pool bar the last time and having them at our sun loungers so this was disappointing.
2)The lunch menu was changed from our last visit and I was not impressed with the changes, very scaled back options
3)Service over all from waiting staff and speed of service was greatly disimproved since my last visit - this is the most part of my disappointment - we had breakfast 3 days at the hotel, on 2 of the 3 days we ordered coffee while being seated (start of service before we visited the buffet) and the coffee still hadn't appeared by the time we had finished eating - 30 minutes later. On one of the occasions we asked about 3 different service staff for the coffee and let them know we had ordered one 30 minutes prior. Staff did not seem concerned or apologetic. Still no coffee, we got up and left in the end.
2 of the 3 days we had lunch at the hotel - service was horrendously slow and poor - sitting 5 - 10 minutes at a table after being seated waiting just for menus to be given to us (not busy at all in the restaurant), another 10 minutes waiting for our orders to be taken, then drinks took another 10 minutes to come out and food was slow. The staff in the restaurant just seemed disinterested and this was unfortunate as my first review spoke so highly of them. All staff on reception, on the door and in housekeeping that we encountered were still wonderful, it just seemed to be issues with the breakfast and lunch service staff unfortunately.

Unfortunately on this trip, the cons outweighed the pros and never thought I would say but I am unsure if I would stay at this hotel again the next time I am returning to Dubai given the decline in service. Maybe next time I will try another hotel.

2  Thank cianandamy
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive feedback on Tripadvisor. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your room, the enhanced surrounding, and you found our front officeand housekeeping team members as friendly and always attentive. On the other hand, I felt concerned to know about your rare uncomfortable experiences. Please accept my sincere apologies. The restaurant managers have been informed to focus on more training. It is from feedback that guests give us that we work on and improve the service at the hotel.
I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and to serve you on the high standards that the Sofitel brand is renowned for.

Gabor Bors
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 31, 2014

A MUST!!! A great place to relax by the pool or swim in ocean or my FAV , PADDLE BOARD!!! The service is outstanding and the the pool has a great vibe. Fun for singles, couples and families. A total must stay in Dubai!

Room Tip: High floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hnsholly
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Arrived 2am from Barcelona, very friendly Reception Staff, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite, on the 25th floor. Magnificent room everything in 1st class condition.

All of the facilities were explained and we were provided with written information about what was available during the Ramadan festival. Breakfast and Dinner were included in my package and they were vast with a wonderful array of both European and Arabic dishes. Alcohol was available in the Hub bar between 8pm and 10.30pm for non fasting visitors.

We requested some assistance from the concierge to amend our pick up time from Emirates Limousines and he arranged this whilst we waited without any problems, he was a very efficient and friendly person.

Our checkout as just as efficient with all the staff being very friendly helpful .

After having read some negative comments about this hotel I feel at reviewers should differentiate between he climate and Islamic festivals and the service delivered by this first class hotel.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for Club access and beach views
2  Thank BJR001
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our stay was awful. When we arrived at 4am in the morning we were given a smoking room with no hot water no air conditioning plus a bed for my 17 year old son that was only fit for a small child. The room was changed next day but I was only refunded 50% of the rate for 19th which is disgraceful. Due to Ramadam we had to eat in our room. My final bill was over AED16000. We think that the mini bar was grossly over charged, we had to send back multiple meals as un satisfactory. The air conditioning also did not work in new room as there was a fault with the balcony window seal. I tried to explain this to the duty manager before I left and he was un sympathetic. I told him that if he did not address this I would never stay in Sofitel worldwide but he still would not listen I ripped up my Accor card in front of him and advised we spend around £500k on travel a year worldwide as I own an international business and told him that I will now remove Accor as an approved hotel group. I feel I have been totally ripped off and had at least £3k over charged. I paid the bill but signed with a note that I did not agree with the charges. The other staff were helpful and apologetic, concierge was helpful too. The management and rooms and charges were a disgrace

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
11  Thank Karen P
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel really surprised me. I booked it as it had lots of offers running and we were visiting Dubai on a budget. However, this hotel was anything but budget. The rooms were large, airy and well equipped with a huge bath tub that opens out into the sleeping area allowing you enjoy the views from either the balconi or TV as you bath. The rooms were cleaned and tidied daily and fresh towels were always left. The staff were eager and happy to help and were always happy to advise and assist.
The location is the real winning quality of this hotel though. It is perfectly situated along a strip of restaurants and stores for ease and convienience, with the beach just a few minutes walk away, although the hotel does run a free shuttle service as sometimes the heat is a little disabling.
I honestly cannot encourage you more to give this hotel a go. It is excellent value for money and ideally located for a fantastic stay in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank KTOLE6
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was our third stay at the Sofitel, and again we had a great stay.

Staff - always friendly and welcoming.

Rooms - We stayed in a superior king room - wow the bed is SO comfy! Blackout curtains meant a great nights sleep. We had a partial sea view as we didn't want to pay to upgrade the full sea view room but we still had a fantastic view! Bathrooms are lovely with slippers and robes.

Pool - lovely infinity pool - only downside is the pool area isn't very big which may be a problem at peaks times to get a lounger. As we visited in Ramadan this wasn't much of a problem for us but I think we would have to consider this next time if we were coming in high season.

Food- We had breakfast included in our package from Alpha Rooms (we found these to be the cheapest to book through) and the breakfast is amazing, you couldn't fault it! Plenty of fruit, yoghurts, fresh fruit/ veg juices, croissants, full English breakfast, cereal, smoked salmon, endless list.

Location - great for eating out as "The Beach" Mall has partly opened in front of the hotel where there is plenty of restaurants to choose from, I would recommend "The Steak Bar" and there is now a cinema. The beach is a 1 minute walk from reception.

We love this hotel, great value!

1  Thank Sarah J