“Amazing Stay”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #63 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

our second visit at sofitel. check in went smooth room given was a smoking room which was not ideal as being asthmatic I could not stay in a room filled with smoke smell for 7 days so went down to reception to have room changed request declined as could not move straight away. 2nd day I was told non smoking room will be available later in afternoon after checking with receptionist advised room had been given to someone else but I insisted I was told throughout the day we would be able to move to non smoking room later in afternoon. Eventually the kind receptionist got us in a non smoking room. first 3 days room was not being cleaned until very late afternoon again inconvenience had no clean towels. Staff always warm and welcoming. despite the few hiccups at the start of our 7 night stay we had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay with sofitel. construction work is ongoing but it really did not bother us and access to beach is a short walk away. we would like to also thank sofitel for the small personal touches they gave us during our celebratory stay. Already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank a_sain
SofitelDubaiJBR, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you really enjoyed your vacations with us and your overall experience was excellent. I have taken note of your incident and am looking in to it in more detail. I will be sharing your nice comments with the managers at our hotel, as these serve as an encouragement and a reward for a ‘job well-done’. We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit, and our passionate staff is waiting to make your stay the most memorable one.

customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago for a week and I was blown away by the service there. The hotel is very well situated for the beach, cafes, restaurants and marina shopping mall. When my friend and I arrived early on the saturday morning (9am) they saw we were two females and immediately changed our room from a king size to a twin room which I thought was brilliant and we were allowed to go in our room straight away. We were on the 17th floor with balcony and a side sea view.
The room was lovely, spacious with a gorgeous bathroom with a rolltop bath, and separate walk in shower. Beds were lovely and comfortable and linen changed every other day (beds made every day). The breakfast was to die for, I have never seen so much choice, from continental, cooked, cereals and every kind of fresh fruit you can imagine. The green apple juice was lovely, never seen that before. I loved everything about this hotel, the staff very friendly and cant do enough for you. They even supply beach mats, towels and water if you want a day on the beach! Don't leave them unattended though as mine were stolen when I left the beach to get a drink. It was busy that day and their weekend so many visitors from other places. Be aware!

Room Tip: I was on 17th floor, side sea view balcony, ac unit was a bit noisy, but have had worse.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went for a party weekend with some friends. Wonderful hotel, amazing service, and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

Everything about this hotel was amazing. Scenery was gorgeous, clean, new... water pressure was strong, and water was hot. The employees were extremely friendly and helpful, and everyone working there was courteous and happy.

There is ONE thing you might want to think about though. On a busy weekend, the elevators may take a VERY long time to get to you. I had to wait 5-10 minutes a few times, so plan ahead with that. Aside from that, everything else was perfect!

It's ON the JB walk, so you don't even need a car to have a good time there. Just walk out at night for some local nightlife and expensive cars driving by, lots to eat, drink and shop for along the hotel boardwalk. Enjoy your trip!

Room Tip: Not much of a "sea view" right now because there is a LOT of construction going on...so no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to write your invaluable feedback on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you had an excellent experience and our friendly and helpful staff delivered to you 5* service. I have also noted your comment about the elevators; thank you for bringing in it to my attention. It was our pleasure to take care of you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wirral
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel. We went for our honeymoon and were upgraded to a fantastic sea view on 29th floor. The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you. The location is opposite he beach and a 5 min walk to the metro. There are numerous restaurants on jumeriah beach which are not too expensive. We would go every year and stay in this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank 2samwirral
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to read that you had a “Magnifique” experience and my staff delivered to you exceptional service. All your valuable comments for our polite and helpful staff will be delivered to the relevant departments. Please do visit us again to treat you according to our 5* standards once more.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Arrived 1:00am, I needed a major change in my room accommodations and before 1:30am we were fast asleep in room #2905. Our room was a luxury suite and we added a roll away bed for our son. Suite #2905 had unobstructed panoramic views of the Beach and city from two balconies.
Suite 2905 has impeccable appointments including an evocative open walled double sized garden style bathtub in the master bedroom. We had turn down service, a fresh dozen roses, Butler service, and Patchi Chocolates provided every night. Our luxury club suite included access to the Exclusive Club Millesime on the 30th floor where we enjoyed exquisite pastries, petite dejuener, personal attendant, and private check out.
Thanks to all the staff that made this stay in Dubai a wonderful experience. Especially we give thanks to:
Padam, a great room steward from Nepal
Dheepak, who given just a food dish as a suggestion, came up with beautifully paired mixed drinks to match the Plantation Lounges ambience.
And,
Most of all
A warm and loving thanks to The extroidinairy night manager, Rami Toumeh. His knowledge and attention to detail is unmatched. Sofitel really has a gem in Mr Toumeh.
A suggestion though, if I were Sami Nasser ... I would move Rami Toumeh to a day position. Having stayed at more 5 star establishments than I care to count over the years, I recognize talent when I see it..
And Rami has got Talent.
If your strategy is to hide the talent from the competition, cancel the strategy and expose all your discerning guests to Rami's talents and his ability to empower those around him.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach for your recent visit to Dubai. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our Suite room and we delivered to you service that exceeded your expectations. We go to great lengths to ensure that we employ first and foremost people with great passion, friendliness and warmth; I was pleased to know that this was apparent to you. I will share your lovely words to all of my staff members and I will congratulate Rami for making your visit “Magnifique”. I look forward to welcome you back to Sofitel on your next Dubai trip.

Sydney NSW Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

As always, the Sofitel has superb accommodation and facilities. I got upgraded to a sea view room on the 19th floor and the room was faultless and as expected for a 4star.The female spa and locker rooms was very lush which I used to freshen up after a 14hr flight from Sydney before my room was available. The buffet breakfast was also amazing with lots of choice. The pool was a little small for a major hotel on the main tourist beach strip, and does not compare to the Hilton's beach front pool, but it was fine for a quick dip in the afternoon and they had made the area very cozy and beach club like. The only downside is the nearby restaurants which I found the 3 places i tried were not great at all and so overpriced - hence there were only a handful of diners at a time. I ended up eating KFC on my last night for dinner which was way more satisfying than the AED50 paid for a frozen lasagne in a supposed "Italian" restaurant. The hotel location does not really have a main beach frontage because it has been closed off for the massive construction right in front which I believe is a mall - construction appeared to be 24hrs, and there were often cranes in view of my room and at the pool but it did not bother me as this is dubai and there is construction everywhere. The hotel is also about a 12 min walk to the lake tower metro station which gives u access to the burj kafali, major malls etc. other than that u basically need to take a taxi. Overall I am very happy with the Sofitel and suited my needs.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Sofitel on JBR was an absolute gem.

Service was impeccable and rivals that of the best hotel chains, food was excellent (one restaurant named Roccoco was especially spectacular), and the rooms were just perfect.

The only complaint is that the pool was rather small, which is a significant drawback during the hot Dubai summer months when it is too hot to go to the beach.

I would however highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dubai.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest:

Thank you for rating our hotel as great and very underrated. I was glad to read that you had an excellent experience and you enjoyed our facilities, especially our room and Roccoco restaurant. I have also taken note of your constructive comment; thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would like to invite you to embark on a “Magnifique” Journey with us once more.