Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
6,137 results
All reviewsjumeirah beachside sea viewbeach matsluxury roominfinity poolpublic beachswim up barrestaurants and shopsbuilding workjunior suitesun loungersconstruction siteexcellent hotelclub roomduring ramadanfive star hotelspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Before our trip we purchased the entertainer dubai book which contained thousands of buy 1 get 1 free vouchers for loads of restaurants and attractions etc. we used them and saved loads of money in nandos, wild wadi, the yellow boats just to name a few.

Our room was upgraded to a full sea view room on the 20th floor, we had an excellent sea view, couldn't complain at all. Yes, there is construction work going on but to be honest it didn't really spoil anything at all. We closed the balcony door at night and slept peacefully.

Beds were the cosiest I've ever slept on. Room was emaculate and looked like a 5 star. We were treated very very well by the hotel people. Our rooms were cleaned, new towels etc every day.

Breakfast was excellent, loads of items on the buffet menu. Best breakfast I have had in a hotel.

We didn't eat any other meals at the hotel.

Whenever we wanted something, we would ring reception and they would complete our request straight away.

I have no complaints at all and would definitely come back to this hotel.

Amazing experience, thank you sofitel.

Belal

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to take care of you and provide our 5* service to you. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our cosy rooms and our ambassadors exceeded your expectations. Our team prides itself in anticipating guest needs and exceeding their expectations, I am pleased that this was apparent to you. I would like to invite you to embark on a “Magnifique” journey with us once more.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

i appreciate the way how Mrs Oksana Atakulova resolving the problems with the reservations. during my stay .
it was nice and i am visiting Dubai soo often and 1 st time for me in sofitel but i will never change it .
its nice and perfect (sofitel will be my home in Dubai)
thanks a lot for Mrs Oksana (reservation manager)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank wesam1975

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to write your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. We much appreciate your lovely words concerning our facilities and our passionate staff. I will be sharing your nice comments with Oksana and the Managers at our hotel, as these serve as an encouragement and a reward for a ‘job well-done’. Please do visit us again to treat you according to Sofitel’s high standards.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Well where do I start..............? I booked this holiday as it was mine and my husbands 40th birthday (on different days of our holiday). I paid to ugrade to a Luxury club room prior to arrival and also paid for a private transfer from the airport to the hotel. We were greeted at the airport by 2 very smart men from the hotel who took our cases from us and took us to our transport. The doors were opened for us and we were handed cold towels, which was a very welcome treat.
Upon arrival at the hotel, again, we were given cold towels and were met by a very helpful member of staff called Dennison, who was a butler (a butler is included if you upgrade to a luxury club room or suite). He took us to our room which was on the 26th floor which had the most amazing view of the Gulf. Admittidly, the view was spoilt by the building works going on but that couldn't take away the immense feeling of being in such an amazing hotel. I mentioned to Dennision that our room smelt of stale smoke, so a couple of hours later I received a phone call advising me that they had found another room, and they were going to upgrade us to a suite........ What a way to spend 4 days in Dubai?
Our suite (room 3001) was unbelieveable, I thought our luxury club room was amazing, but this room was truly amazing! It had everything you could think of, the attention to deatil was great. The hotel had organsied a cake for my husbands birthday which was a lovely surprise.
The staff at the Sofitel really couldn't do enough for us.A couple of days into our trip we went to the Burj Khalifa and when we got back wanted to do a sopt of sunbathing, knowing that the pool area does get very busy, I asked Concierge if they could contact someone to ask them to put a couple of towels on sunbeds so that we wouldn't be hogging sunbeds because we wouldn't be there until the afternoon. When we got back from our trip, we had a phone call to say that 2 sunbeds had been reserved.........What an amazing touch? The pool overlooks the Gulf (and the building site, which can be quite noisy) and also has a swim up bar.
I would have to say it is definitely worth the money to upgrade to enjoy the benefits of Club Millesime. You are able to have a light breakfast which consists of fresh fruit, cereal, a couple of hot items such as scrambled egg and sausages & fresh bread. At lunchtime a light lunch is served and afternoon tea at 3.00pm and between 5.30 & 7.30 a light dinner where you can enjoy a glass of champagne or 2 (and various other beverages including soft drinks and alcohol). The staff who work here are all so attentive and nothing is too much trouble.
I cannot comment about any of the restaurants as we didn't eat in as there is so much choice outside of the hotel, but the menu's looked very good. The Irish bar is also nice, but quite pricey. A pint of lager is 40 dirhams which is £8.00 and a cocktail is 50 dirhams which is about £10.00, but I think that is to be expected.
The beach is a bit of a trek away, probably about a 10/15 minute stroll but you are able to ask for sunbeds & towels which the hotel provide free of charge and also give you bottles of water, you can pay to hire an umbrella too which is about 6 dirhams if I remember correctly (I don't think this is refundable).
On our last night it was my 40th birthday and when we got back to our room after a day out, there was a cake and a voucher for a complimentary drink in the hotel bar for myself and my husband, which was great. We arrived back from our night out to find that the butlers had decorated our bed with towles made into a birthday cake and swans and had run a hot bath for me with fresh rose petals..............I was completely blown away by this touch, the attention to detail was like nothing I have ever experienced in any hotel.
I'm sorry if this review is long winded, I am a review reader myself and the more information I read about a hotel the better. I can completely recommend this hotel without a doubt, I can say, this is by far, the best hotel I have ever stayed in and that is because of the staff, cleanliness and location. Highly recommended, I will definitely be booking to stay at Sofitel Jumeirah Beach again, it was pure indulgence and luxury.

Room Tip: Room 3001 which has 2 balconies and is on 30th floor. The hotel has 32 floors. The view would be amazing (without the buildng works) but you can't really hear the noise from it, only a slight drone.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea L

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay at the Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah beach. I am pleased to read that you had a great time at our hotel and you enjoyed our facilities. On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for your nice comments. Most of our guests, they do enjoy the extra amenities and benefits of our Suite rooms; it was wonderful that you had the same “Magnifique” feeling. I look forward to seeing you very soon so as to be able to enjoy our hospitality once more.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing beach holiday ... look elsewhere. Whilst this world-class hotel is everything you would expect, there is currently a Massive (yes, that's a capital 'M') building site slap bang in front of it between the hotel and the beach. So this is no longer a beach-front hotel, in fact I don't even know how you would get to the beach!
The hotel says: "The municipality is enhancing and developing the area “The Walk” in the vicinity of the hotel and the works are currently taking place. Please note that there may be noise disturbance from the construction work" ... I should say so!
There are several huge cranes (see the pics) on the site and work goes on 24/7. The view from the infinity pool is now one of the construction site below. Our room was on the 27th floor, and we woke a few times in the middle of the night to the sound of clanging steel etc., so I dread to think what the noise was like in the rooms on lower floors.
As for The Walk, yes you can still sit in a cafe and watch the Ferraris and Lamborghinis drive by ... but not against a beach backdrop, rather you'll be looking at the hoarding that runs the length of the street and listening to the sounds associated with a large building site.
Whilst we were at the hotel, a dredger was firing sand into the sea directly off the beach in what looked like an attempt to build yet another 'island'. It begs the question: why are they building out into the sea when there is so much undeveloped desert around the city? Who knows, by the time we visit again the beach may be a kilometre or more away from the hotels on The Walk!
However, if you're looking for comfort, the inside of the hotel won't disappoint. Just make sure you check your bill carefully. We were charged for mini-bar items that we didn't consume - in fact we touched nothing in the mini-bar. After querying this, the items were removed from our bill only to be put back on before we checked out!
So, to sum up: the hotel is comfortable and classy (but keep an eye on your bill!), and the surroundings are currently dirty and noisy. This is not a relaxing beach destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A good hotel with friendly helpful staff. Handy location for the Metro (about a 10min walk).
There is some building work going on in front of the hotel (for those of you that have been there before it is the old car park). It will be so I'm told 3 stores high only and will be a collection of restaurants and some other stores, with access to the beach.
There is a wee bit of noise from the site but not excessive. Knowing the speed that malls etc are constructed it won't be long before completion.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Goggsy61
SofitelDubaiJBR, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to write your valuable comment on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and our staff members were friendly and helpful. I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.