“Lovely place lovely people”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #64 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Newport, United Kingdom
“Lovely place lovely people”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at the sofitel for 3 nights and for the price it was beyond my expectations. Granted there is a lot of construction going on the area but welcome to Dubai! Its happening everywhere! The cranes and construction work is constant and I can understand people who get annoyed but the hotel is aware of this and warns people before booking. Its very simple, overlook the cranes and you can see a beautiful view of the pool below and of the Palm. I have read the reviews stating that the constrcution was too loud, I slept very well every night with ease. The double glazed door completely blocked out the noise and I am usually a very light sleeper. The hotel staff were kind and helpful and I would recommend it to anyone. Ignore the "moaners" for the price its a great hotel.

1 Thank Vicky_K1703
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel and for being understanding about the continuous under-construction state of Dubai. I am very pleased to know your stay was lovely and your sleep was not disturbed by the works opposite the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach in future.

customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Situated close to the beach but not on the beach - this hotel is on The Walk. The room was a good size, very clean and comfortable (superb mattress) and all the usual amenities you would expect with a balcony overlooking the beach. The bathroom had a fantastic walk in shower, separate loo and jacuzzi tub, with some great freebie products. The staff were really amazing - concierge was so helpful and really helped make the most of our trip. We used the gym nearly everyday which was small but well equipped. The hotel is stylish, roomy and airy - very contemporary stye - the food we had was good, but we ate out a lot. Only drawback was the redevelopment work that was going on in front of the hotel at the time of our stay... between The Walk and the beach. This was noisy at times hopefully will not restrict the sea views when it is completed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us. We value all the feedback we get from our guests and share with all the Ambassadors as part of hotel policy. I am happy to know that you were impressed with our facilities and amenities provided in the room and hotel and services offered by our Ambassadors. As per official communication from Dubai Municipality, the construction works opposite hotel is for a low rise mall which will have only ground and first floor so it should not restrict the sea views form the pool and rooms.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance on your future visit to Dubai.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you are keen to here cranes all night this is definitely the place the stay. I nice hotel with great staff is ruined by the sight and sound of 24/7 construction.

Our 'ocean view' room was actually a view of a very very busy construction site. The constant sound of construction during the night made it almost impossible to sleep. Whilst I understand this situation is not the fault of the hotel I do believe they should advise guests either during booking or at check-in, and offer them suitable alternatives. I would have much preferred a lower cost room facing away from the construction site and having moved once already due to originally being put in a smoking room, it was all too difficult. Future guest beware!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank PJW6969
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I also appreciate the time you took to share your feedback regarding the construction which ruined your stay. We do advise all our guests about it in advance when they book. The notice is up on hotel website, on all third party websites, all tour operators and travel agents are aware about it as well. Moreover, we advise our guests when they book directly also. If you did not receive this information, please send me an email on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae with your stay details and I will have a look at it. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in future once the construction works are over.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had $900 AUD stolen from my hotel room. When I spoke to the manager of the hotel he insisted that there was nothing they can do about it!! I spent half a day at the police station filing a report about the money that was taken from my room. Over all my experience was a very bad one I do not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel. This is suppose to be a five star hotel however it doesn't even come close to five stars in service and quality of staff! Very disappointing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank melbvic23
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. It is unfortunate that AUD 900 were misplaced during your visit to Dubai. As explained during your meeting with Security Manager, we had conducted a thorough internal investigation before suggesting you to involve local authorities as per the country regulations. I would be happy to assist you with any follow-ups that need to be done with the authorities. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for the same.

Leicester, UK
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 6 night stay at the hotel.
We booked a B+B option from our agent and this also included transfers to and from the airport.

We arrived early into Dubai (after a night flight) and were met by our transfer agent. It took approx. 40 mins to get to the hotel form the airport (due to some traffic). We got into the hotel approx. 9am and I was not disappointed to know the room was not ready as check in is due at 2pm.

The lady at check in was great. She knew we were tired and made it very simple and easy to check in. She advised the room was not ready and we went to the starbucks down the road to have a coffee.
We returned about an hour later to grab a drink at the hotel and to our surprise we were advised the room was ready - a fantastic start to our holiday.

The room was very well appointed. We were staying on the 20th floor with a side view onto the beach. Having read a number of previous reviews I asked for a room on a higher floor and this was accommodated for us. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. It was really comfortable and we loved it. The bathroom is also very well appointed. the main area has a sink and bath, with a toilet and bidet in a separate section. There is also a rain shower which is lovely and very refreshing after a long day in the sun, prior to going out.

I believe there is free wifi in the room, however, I didn't use it, so unable to comment on its use and whether is was working

There is construction work going on near the hotel and this is something which is difficult to get away from in Dubai.

As we were staying on bed and breakfast, I think it is important to note the breakfast was very good with something for all choices. There was a hot station, serving the usual hot food / cooked breakfast and also fruit, yoghurt / bread / pastries / cereals etc....an excellent choice.

I used the gym at the hotel on a number of occasions and found this to be excellent and well appointed.

The hotel is perfectly located on 'The Walk' which has a number of lovely restaurants. Our favourite place is next door to the hotel called Barbecue delights. If you come out of the front entrance and turn left, it is the first place facing you on the left. we had the buffet which was lovely. It is expensive on the walk, however, this is what you are paying for....there are restaurants to cater for all tastes and budgets. If you are unsure where to eat, the hotel has a concierge service who can also provide some advice / help to choose a restaurant.

I didn't buy any drinks from the bar as I knew it would be very expensive, however, went to a local supermarket where it was much cheaper.

Check out was also very quick and simple with little fuss.

I found this hotel is be excellent and really enjoyed staying here. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this place to others.

Room Tip: I have heard higher floors will have less noise form construction. we didn't hear much noise and...
3 Thank Sants
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to share a detailed feedback. I am extremely happy to know that you liked the swift check-in, room décor, bathroom design, choice at breakfast, fitness centre, hotel location and the concierge services. I really appreciate your comments as such feedback helps us to motivate our Ambassadors to continue providing the excellent service we are known for.
I look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel, the staff very friendly and helpful

The room big, very good furnished and so comfortable.

very good location on The Walk of the Jumeirah Beach area, but far from city centre Burj Khalifa and Dubai mall. but the location so nice to relax and close to the beach and very rich restaurant area

Room Tip: very good location on The Walk of the Jumeirah Beach area, but far from city centre Burj Khalifa and...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel on your Dubai trip and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It is good to know that you liked the relaxing and lively hotel location as well as the room décor and hotel staff. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance on your future visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Deciding on a hotel to stay at in Dubai was definitely very challenging. However, The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach did not disappoint at all. The service was excellent for the most part. The pool staff were exemplary . The hotel very clean. Housekeeping were great and towels were changed twice a day if needed. Complimentary water was replenished automatically on a daily basis. Nothing was too much trouble at any time of night or day. The location of course is fabulous. Both near the beach (you just have to ignore the building works), and within walking distance of The Marina, where there are more restaurants and a shopping mall. The Walk only a few feet away with a large choice of restaurants and coffee shops. All round a great choice. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LSPorto
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach of all the choices of hotel in Dubai. I am happy to know that our services and facilities were up to your expectations. Thank you also for taking the time to share with me your feedback as this encourages us to continue to provide excellent service to all our guests consistently.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.