“Sofitel hotel impresses, but construction opposite a let down!!”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #65 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Check in was a breeze & friendly. Our room was upgraded due to us celebrating a special occasion.We got a room on the 31st floor.

Bedroom was spacious and beds are extremely comfortable. Bathroom was spacious, however the toilet was SQUASHED into a tiny space. You have to "crab" walk out of toilet. Bathroom amenities were impressive.

The biggest annoyance of the hotel was the construction site opposite. The noise of beeping construction equipment carried on throughout the night and was noisy even on the 31st floor with all doors shut!! Cant imagine what its like on a lower level. The hotel is not on the beach. The construction means you have to walk about a block to get to the beach. The hotel does offer towels, umbrellas and mats for the beach so take advantage of that.

We didn't try any restaurants in the hotel because of the vast array of restaurants on the beach walk. The hotel restaurants weren't reasonably priced.

The hotel is in a good location to visit the close to perfect beaches of Dubai, however far from all the major sites in Dubai. Getting around was the most frustrating, the Sofitel is far from the Metro if you have to walk to the station. However you can use the complimentary shuttles to the malls, which run on a timetable.

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the professionalism always associated with the Sofitel brand.

Room Tip: If you travelling in the next few months, ask for the highest level available as its noisy with cons...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for your feedback on your stay experience. I am disappointed to know that your experience was ruined by the construction site in front of the hotel. However, I am happy to know that you liked the bedroom, hotel location, complimentary beach kit, and the service offered by Ambassadors. I hope you will stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your future visit again. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.

customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae

Write a ReviewReviews (5,873)

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I have read lots of reviews about this hotel before and after booking. Many people wrote that it was noisy because of contractions around. But its not that bad, maybe its because where I from constraction is everywhere and it is much noisier than it is in here. At least here everything is clean and tidy. And duble glassed windows will let you sleep in peace. The hotel is very beautiful, stylish, restaurant is good, service is well organised. I liked the gym, open 24 hours.
the onlt thing i found a bit uncomfortable is that is quite far from the metro station and that "The Walk" is very busy most of the time. In the evening its difficult to walk through so many people. But this is only my personal inconvenience because I dont really like lots of people.
I also read that the pool is not on the sunny wide and there are not enough beach beds, well this is not true. Pool is very good heated till 32-33 degrees and sunny especially in the mornings.
And this hotel is a winner of Trip Advisor Award or something like that. I saw certificate down in the lobby)))

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for your valuable feedback, which I will share with the team here. I am happy to know that you liked all the facilities and amenities we offer and were impressed by the services extended by Ambassadors. We are amongst the Top 25 Luxury hotels and Top Service hotels in UAE two years in a row on TripAdvisor.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your future trip to Dubai.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

First of all I feel kind of decieved bcuz from the info on the net it says that this luxurious hotel is right on the beach. The tranquil picture of a chair in a patio  on a beach also proved it but to my disappointment, i arrived at hotel to see that the beach was not only far but the area overlooking the beach was filled with giant construction machines. The Noise of the construction is there day & night. & in order to get to the beach u have to walk for ten minutes to get there. They tell u its a short walk but they dont tell u that there are no sun beds or embrellas or towels or any kind of service there. The beach itself was beautifull & lovely but i think to pay this much for Such a hotel, u r entitled to be told the truth. The food is great & the room & the beds r clean & up to the standard. But wen u r mislead by the info & dont get wat u thought u paid for, then its veru disturbing. So if u r like me, looking for a peacfull, tranquil  or romantic vacation on the beach, dont come here.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank hayoma
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. I am happy to know that you liked the facilities and amenities provided in the hotel.
Would you please take 5 minutes of your time and send me an email on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae with the name of the website that says Sofitel is right on the beach? I will have it rectified right away. We always tell our guests and on all the websites that the hotel is 50 metres from the beach. We provide a complimentary beach kit to the guests going to the beach as we know there are no sunbeds and umbrellas there.
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just returned from the Sofitel on jumariah what a superb hotel from the great welcome you receive on entering the hotel to the aroma pumped around it.The decor is modern with high quality furnishings .
Rooms are a good size which have been planned to utilise the space ex quality fittings bed is the comfiest I have used in a hotel and I use hotels every week back home so this is a real compliment .Food is of ex quality we stopped HB whilst there and there was theme nights every other night the best being on thurs being Seafood night Superb!!!
Only slight downfall for us is that the pool area is slightly small for the hotel and lifts is a chore
There is building work outside the hotel on the walk but surprisingly it doesn't bother you.
Mr I & C Gildart

Room Tip: Choose a high floor great views over the the Atlantis.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that your experience was beyond your expectation and hope to see you again on your next trip to Dubai. I will share your feedback with the team as per hotel policy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed here many times, the hotel is a solid 4* in my view, good facilities and amazing location.

Beware there is a shopping mall being built across the road, so expect noise, the traffic is very bad as the road leading to the hotel is constantly in use. Still would recommend staying here as the hotel offers good value for money and the styling is to my taste.

Free Wifi available but is very slow and has poor connectivity, Gym is good and the pool is very small and could do with an update.

Lifts are the main issue with this hotel - very slow, in busy periods you will end up waiting... a long time.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Lux room with sea view, good all round but expect noise for the next 8 months Have s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick S
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach again on your most recent visit to Dubai. We appreciate your loyalty and value the feedback you have just shared. We are working on the wi-fi issue, which has been slow in a few rooms in the hotel. I will share your feedback with rest of the management as per hotel policy as it helps us to continue providing the excellent service we are known for.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sofitel Jumeirah over New Years and it was just brilliant! I travelled with my family (2 small children) and we stayed for 1 week. The hotel is about 45 min from the airport depending on traffic. The property itself is in JBR which is just beautiful and a stones throw from the beach. We had a beautiful room overlooking The Palm and Atlantis hotel. Our room was fully equipped and the hotel staff prepared the room perfectly for our 2 small children. The hotel staff was truly exceptional. From the restaurant to concierge, everyone had a smile on their face and were eager to help us with our stay. The food in the hotel was super good, especially the little pub restaurant they have. The pool was nice but only got sun for 1.5 hours due to the location of the buildings. Overall, it was an excellent stay and would definitely return

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Meglo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to review your family stay. It is encouraging to know that you liked hotel for its location, the excellent service provided by the Ambassadors, food on offer, view from your room, The Hub bar, and the pool area.

Kindly do not hesitate to contact me should you return to Dubai.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

That's the sound of a truck reversing on the construction site between the hotel and the beach...24 hours a day! Maybe it will be better when you stay there - hope so. On the plus side the staff are all very very helpful, the breakfast buffet is amazing, the pool is great, the quality of the hotel is as excellent as Sofitel is around the world...it can be fun watching the big yellow earth movers digging up the sand and dumping it in the trucks, and sitting on the balcony at eye level with the crane driver ! Go on...it's a hotel with very different 24/7 entertainment that won't last forever...

Room Tip: If you didn't grow up playing in the sandpit with Tonka Toys...maybe ask for a room facing the m...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Finnas
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for your feedback. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with the services and facilities we provided. The construction outside of the hotel is not under hotel's control and we do our utmost to minimise the impact of the works on our guests.

I hope to see you again when the construction is over later this year.