“Excellent!”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #61 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great hotel with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and outstanding breakfast buffet! Good location near the beach and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Sofitel Dubai in January of 2012. I am happy to know that you liked the beds, the buffet breakfast, and the location of the hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae shoudl you visit Dubai again.

Sami Nasser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,124)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
newcastle
Reviewed July 2, 2012

What can I say, we were upgraded to a beautiful room for our 3 nights here. We loved the location of the hotel, right by all the restaurants and shops on Jumeirah Walk. The only thing was we didn't get to the beach. It's across the road, not far but the pool , whilst small was still so lovely we went there. We loved the Irish bar here too, though the atmosphere was muted as it was quiet. I would recommend the hotel for the lovely room, facilities and service. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel on your Dubai trip in December and for taking the time to review your stay. It is great to learn that you still remember details of your trip even after 6 months. This proves your trip was wonderful and I can congratulate my team on a job well done.
Do not hesitate to contact me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae should you visit Dubai again.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 28, 2012

OK, this is not the Burj Al Arab, but neither are the prices. The rooms are modern and spacious, the service is excellent and the facilities are great. The pool is designed for relaxation rather than exercise (which suited me!) but has a great view and a swim up bar which does not charge ridiculous prices.

The hotel looks a bit like a 1970's tower block in Torremolinos from the outside but you don't really care when you are indoors looking out. The rooms have balconies. I stayed in a room overlooking the Palm, but I think the rooms facing the beach would have an even better view.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms overlooking the pool as they will have a better view of the beach. The higher up t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel on your visit to Dubai. I am elated to learn about your stay experience. We certainly maintain highest standards of guest satisfaction in all the different areas of the hotel. The Luxury rooms, that you are referring to, have a full front sea view and are definitely better than the lower room category that offers side sea view.
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Both the hotel and our room were incredible. Everything was perfect, I cannot fault this hotel on anything. Excellent location, impeccable service, attractive decor and really knowledgeable concierge.

We booked a Junior Suite which was worth every cent. This gives you access to the club lounge which served some of the best food of our whole stay in Dubai. The breakfast was one of the best we've ever had. The suite has great sea views, large flat screen TV and one of the most comfortable beds we have ever experienced.

No detail was left unnoticed and it's hard to leave. Next stop Europe and we will be hard pressed to find a hotel that matches the calibre of the Sofitel.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is a must!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mia S
, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel on your Dubai visit prior to Europe's. Booking a suite ensures that the guests get extra benefits like a Club Lounge access, bigger rooms, highly personalised butler service, etc. It is good to know that you experienced all the facilities and found your stay flawless. I will share your comments with the respective departments as it will help in keeping up our motivation level. Do not hesitate to write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae should you visit Dubai again.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We spent 3 days there on our honeymoon.The location is great,in JBR overlooking the beach.The price was so reasonable.We found a complimentary honeymoon cake on arrival.The bed was so comfortable and the room was so cozy.The staff are so nice and friendly.I definitely recommend this place and if I ever come back again I certainly will move to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are so special
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elalfyfamily
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel on your Dubai trip to celebrate your honeymoon. Thank you also for sharing your feedback of your stay. This will help us in our efforts of providing an excellent service consistently that Sofitel is known for. Please feel free to write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae if you would like to nominate an Ambassador who stood out for their service during your stay with us.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here for the 5 nights with my 6 yr old son in the 1st week of June 2012, the hotel is right opposite jumeriah beach and is a true 5 star hotel. The staff are very friendly my iphone charge stopped working after ringing room service a replacement was sent to my room within 10 minutes. The breakfast was very nice although it can get very busy at around 10, best to get there early.... loads to choose from. the Gym is also very nice as is the pool ...
There are loads of restaurants nearby on the JBR walk so you are spoilt for choice when it comes to dinner. Would definitely consider this hotel next time i visit Dubai... :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Azair2104
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach with your son. I am glad that you had a great time in Dubai and that Sofitel was up to your taste and expectations. I will share your review with the Management as per hotel's policy and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Dublin
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in March 2011 on way back from Thailand. Hotel is right opposite the beach and is perfect location in JBR. The staff are unbelieveably friendly and were so polite.

We were given a front facing room with views of the Palm and the Burj al Arab in the distance. The rooms are so comfy and spacious. The bathrooms, with oversized baths, are just asking to be used. The only downside was the size of the toilet in comparisson to the other parts of the bathroom. It is a bit cramped and I would have preferred not to have had a separate cubicle for this. But it wasn't a dealbreaker.

The hotel offer free wifi so that was an added bonus.

We only ate in the Irish bar on the mezz level and the food there was really good as was the atmosphere.

The swimming pool is rather small but we spent most of our days on the beach relaxing and taking in the sights and the waves. The hotel provide you with a beach kit from the leisure centre which is a fantastic extra that I didn't know about until I got there.

There are loads of shops and restaurants nearby, and the hotel itself provides perfect people watching options as the drag outside is the perfect place for the rich to show off their cars. They even let you have your picture taken with them if you wish.

I LOVE this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. Definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room facing the sea
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leigreg
, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel on your March trip to Dubai. We do have one of the best beds in the hotel industry. I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us the feedback on the facilities and services you experienced. This will definitely help us in keeping up our motivation levels and continue providing the excellent service that we are known for.