Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
6,145 results
All reviewsjumeirah beachside sea viewbeach matsluxury roominfinity poolpublic beachswim up barrestaurants and shopsbuilding workjunior suitesun loungersconstruction siteexcellent hotelclub roomduring ramadanfive star hotelspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Returned for a second time to the Sofitel in Dubai. Being a new hotel, already thru their soft opening you benefit from top quality and modern facilities.
Rooms are great (we had a suite) and service very attentive. Sometimes forgot turn-down though. I'd say this is more of a business hotel opposed to tourist since the pool area is very limited, but this shouldn't put you off.
The Club facility is way below what I'd expect though. Food out-with cocktails time is none existant and when available repetative and cheap (raw veg, poor quality noodles etc. in heater). Another annoyance is the fact glasses, napkins and cutlery are hidden away so you have to continually ask (if you can find a club lounge staff that is). This shouldn't be in this class of hotel. Room for huge improvement here.
Having said all this, a great hotel in an ideal location. Just don't go for club, it isn't worth it.
Hope this helps and guides.

Room Tip: For those used to clud facilities Recommend not buying Club room as the product isn't in par with IC or Banyan tree etc... Save the money and buy a coffee outside!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent trip to Dubai. I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. This will help us in our constant efforts toward improving our service standards.
I apologise that the Club facility was not up to your expectation. This is not the standard Sofitel is known for, as can be seen in other reviews about our Club facilities. I hope you will give us another chance to make things right for you. Please do not hesitate to write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae if you need further assistance.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Had a 3 day stay following a weeks cruise and found the hotel exceeded our expectations.
Whilst we had seen negative reviews about the "crossing the road and massive car park"to get to the beach,on coming out of the "beach lift" it was a 1 minute walk with the beach pack - towels,chairs and free water to the glorious beach and turquoise sea.
As we had a lot to see and do in the 3 days we did not use the hotel facilities other than having an excellent full "English Breakfast and more"and using the pool when we first arrived.
The only negative point was that when we looked in the drinks fridge it was minus quite a few items,we reported this to reception who said "that the hotel would accept that if we said we hadn`t had anything then this would be accepted" I hope that this is the case !
First class and looking at going back to the sofitel next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I am very happy to know that the hotel exceeded your expectations and that inspite of negative reviews about "massive car park" and the "public beach", you booked the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it including the breakfast.
Thank you again for putting your faith in the hotel and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Staff is very friendly, proactive and helpful. I was there for a meeting and then a little sightseeing. The concierge was extremely helpful in pointing out places to go and how to do them and offered to arrange them if I desired. The hotel's location in front of a beach is great and many rooms (mine included had a balcony with chairs) to take in the views. This stretch of road is loaded with great outdoor cafes and on the weekend evenings (Thurs and Fri nights) there is traffic and some noise late night as it winds down.
The hotel is modern, very clean, stylish and has a nice spa/gym area.
I was to head to the airport at 10p so I checked out by 2pm, they kept my luggage while I went sightseeing. They then allowed me to return to it, get bath supplies and shower in the gym to freshen up before flying back to Washington DC. They suggested this as a way to enjoy my time here and take away the stress of being roomless before the late night flight and it was greatly appreciated. I arrived home just yesterday.

If you want to do one of the Big Bus Tours there is a bus that comes to the hotel, currently 9:05a, 10:05a, etc. until 2:05p and it connects with the double decker, hop on-hop off tour bus. There is then that shuttle to take you back to your hotel from the same point near the Al Qasr and Al Arab hotel stop. It was all very convenient and easy to navigate.

The meeting room we used was very nice and the staff were helpful.

I have nice photos of the room, lobby and restaurant to load up soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank GlennBaltimore
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent trip to Dubai. I am glad that your meeting was successful and you had some time off to go out for sight-seeing. I want to thank you for this review appreciating the location, the Concierge services, the room, the view, decor and the Spa. I hope you had a good flight back home and look forward to welcoming you back on another business trip to Dubai.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Reviewed February 11, 2012

we`ve choosed this hotel upon it`s location on the jumeirah beach walk and it is far away from the city center but we found it a worth to stay again evrey thing is great but the pool is`nt that big enough try to take the roome on the right side to have a great view of the palm and ask the cleaners to clean the balacony i think you have to ask them to clean it !! for the breakfast i found what i need and more.
a question for the hotel managment for those who come from the JBR and enter the lobboy you need to find them a sulotion other wise the hotel is great

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fa7lawy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I am happy to learn that you liked the view from your room, the breakfast, and that you ill stay here again.
However, it is bad that you were not fully satisfied by your stay because of the pool size. We would attend to it in the next planned renovation. Also, we do clean balconies on a daily basis. I will raise it with the Housekeeping department. Could you please reply to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae with your stay details so that I can investigate further into this?
The Walk area near the hotel is patronised by the younger generation of UAE and is one of the most talked about areas in the city to spot all the fancy rides. This is also an attraction for our guests.
I want to thank you again for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.