“Fantastic hotel for a great price”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #66 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I arrived in Dubai at 4am and had not paid for accommodation for the night before so expected to wait until check in *afternoon* to lay my head down. The Sofitel surprised me by allowing me my room free of charge from 8am. While I wait I walked across the street to the beach and went for a dip in the warm waters of the Arabian Gulf, I would highly suggest a swim at this time as the water is so warm it is uncomfortable and there is no escaping the heat at other times. After this I was given access to a shower by the pool. The friendly guy in the business centre allowed me free access while I waited for my room. Once inside I was amazed by the layout of the rooms my seaview, while limited allowed me to watch the sunset from my small balcony. The staff where amazing and willing to assist in planning your days, the concierge was extremely helpful. I would suggest the Dubai Hop on Hop off bus to orientate yourself with the vastness of the city. Please note the that Red Line (old town) does not operate on Fridays and you will need to purchase a 48hr ticket, although this also gave me more flexibility for sightseeing. Definitely go on an Orient Tours desert safari.
I stayed at the hotel for 5 days and did not take a room with breakfast as there are plenty of options along JBR walk, however I did eat both a breakfast and dinner in the restaurant which were great. The beds are amazing definitely worth a stopover to get a great nights rest!

Room Tip: Check prices on the Sofitel site for bargains....
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Elks1983
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. We understand all our guests' needs and try to accommodate them in best possible manner. I will share your comments with my team and congratulate the above mentioned departments personally on their good work. Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach.

I look forward to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach

Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Sofitel on Jumeira Beach is one of the more reasonably priced hotels in Dubai, however I would certainly spend the extra money in future to stay at one of the better hotels. The pool area is far too small for the hotel and is in the shadow of the surrounding concrete towers for a lot of the day. If you don't arrive at the pool by 10am you are unlikely to find anywhere to sit. The hotel has beach front location and access, however this is the public beach that you have to cross over the road to get to, and as such there are no facilities or shade there. The hotel will provide a beach mat and towel. The rooms are a little small but adequate and nicely decorated. The 'sea view' was unfortunately partially obscured on both sides by large concrete towers and the balcony was very small. The standard of housekeeping was varied but largely inadequate and the room looked like it could do with a thorough clean. The location was very good with lots of restaurants and cafes nearby and a buzzy atmosphere. Overall not terrible, but I've come to expect better from Dubai hotels and would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a room with a full sea view on a low floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Hannah643

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I'm glad you liked the location of the hotel and were impressed by the decor of the room.
However, I apologise for the dissatisfaction caused to you due to the overall design of the hotel.
Please allow me to make it up to you for your next visit by writing to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Me and my twin sister stayed here for 4 nights as a birthday treat, it was amazing we had birthday cakes waiting for us in our room when we arrived and the room was brill and the bed was so comfortable. Location was perfect right near shops and restaurants and the beach. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank lynsey51

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach to celebrate your special occassion. I'm happy to know that you got what you expected and more. Thank you for writing this review and your recommendation.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife to be and I had a last minute trip to Dubai recently.
We booked the Sofitel thru their website.
The hotel was excellent in every area bar one (more below).
The main downstairs area is impressive, the room excellent - we upgraded to full sea view which I think was worth it.( if you do enjoy a glass of wine in the evening please do upgrade to the package which allows you into the private lounge serving complimentary alcoholic drink, mainly for the price of alcohol out there)
One area that wasnt great was that the bedding smelt of wet dog - we think due to the a/c. or the duck feathered bedding.
We didnt say anything about it - but should have.
We didnt eat at the hotel except for breakfast, which was excellent, but we did have drinks.
nice as this was, drinks in dubai are expensive - £20 for 2 cocktails/ wine. When we go again, we will take our own in suitcase!!! seriously
The area is good to get around from, shortish taxi rides to most everything. Taxis are quite cheap btw.
every evening especially friday and saturday night you get the local Arab men driving their expensive ferrari, aston martins, lamborghinis around the one way system past the hotel which is actually quite good fun whilst having dinner, for a hour..
we took a taxi into Deira to the gold souk, about 30min ride in taxi away I've never seen so many diamonds or gold, this is the place to go if you want to grab a bargain, but haggle hard. You also get locals shouting out prada gucci dior handbags glasses, the fakes are of a high standard but you have to be prepared to go into some back alley into some room set up like a shop with no windows and bolts on the doors.
the best meal we had was actually in Deira called Ashwaq cafeteria, 4 amazing kebabs and 2 fresh fruit smoothies cost £2.80 this is where the local people go.
we also went to wild wadi water park around 10 min taxi ride from hotel, this was expensive around £70 for a couple but it was fun and clean we actually really enjoyed it as a couple in our mid to late 30's.
the pool side bar was lovely, fresh cocktails , the pools water is quite cool but this is actually quite refreshing in such warm heat.
finally we went to dubai on the 30th september for a few night the weather was lovely late 30's the sea was in front of the hotel and the water was crystal clear and so warm truly wonderful
i wouldnt rcommend this hotel for a family butfor a couple wanting to spend time together totally yes!

Room Tip: upgrade to sea view with lounge access
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank antonioandgemma

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I'm elated to learn that your stay was most enjoyable. The infini pool area is a hit amongst the guests and locals equally for its cocktails and shisha made from fresh juices. It is good to know that you liked the breakfast but a pity that you didn't have Lunch or Dinner. Rococo, the Italian restaurant is very popular for its home-made food taste and wide menu.
I apologise for the bad experience of the smell in your bed. Please write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae with the details of your stay (dates and room number) so that I can investigate further and eliminate the issue that might cause discomfort to other guests. This is a very unusual thing to happen as we maintain very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the hotel.

I want to thank you for your time to write this review and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here with my wife for more than 2 weeks and found the hotel to be excellent. The room was great and the staff were always so friendly and couldn't do enough to help, day or night. The restaurants were outstanding especially Rococos. The Irish bar was lively (although not every night) and had some great deals. As with other reviews, the pool is fairly small but at this time of year was not a problem. Despite being a little further out of town than other hotels the location is actually very good with plenty of shops and restaurants near by and the beach just across the road. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. For those staying in Dubai more than a few days The Entertainer discounts book will save you hundreds.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your July trip to Dubai. It is always good to hear that our long staying guests were most satisfied with their stay. I will pass on your nice comments about Rococo, Italian restaurant to the Executive Chef who will be happy to share them with his team. During the months of July and August, Dubai doesn't get a lot of guests and even the local communities travel on vacation to get a respite from the scorching heat. This could be the reason why The Hub wasn't lively every night.

I want to thank you for your time to write this review and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

What a great hotel! We've just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable week at the Sofitel - I would absolutely support all the previous comments about the service, layout and general facilities of the hotel. Breakfast is great, the rooms are really well appointed and everything is scrupulously clean.

Yes, the hotel isn't a beach resort and you have to cross the road to get to the public beach, but its really not a hardship - the hotel provide a beach pack, which is two mats, towels, a bag and water. The public beach doesn't have any facilities, but its easy to pop back to the hotel.

Only downside if I had to pick one, is that the pool area isn't very big.

Sofitel is a lovely hotel and extremely good value for money when compared with other similar hotels

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, but the front ones are better
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent trip to Dubai and thank you for your fabulous review. We certainly do our best to live up to a Luxury hotel's standards. Being a new hotel in this wonderful location has its downside. For instance not having a private beach as compared to other older hotels in the area. But we make up for it by offering high class service, Luxury facilities and beautiful sea views from ALL the rooms.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you back whenever you come to Dubai next.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I splurged for the last couple of nights of a 3 month holiday and I wasn't disappointed. Service and organisation was excellent but not perfect. The room was great - I had a front room with views along the beach and, when the haze cleared, all the way to Atlantis out on the Palm. The balcony was very nice most of the time but it got a bit of sun from 2:30 to 6pm, increasing the temperature. Bathroom was great and included a bath from which you could watch television or watch the sea if that's your thing. Food was good but pricey, although I had a basic egg breakfast in my room that was excellent and seemed pretty good value. I suspect that the more expensive options involve huge portions.

Negatives include poor signage around the large common areas. Finding level 2 is a challenge as is finding the dedicated beach access (next to the pool - which is quite good - and behind the bar). Which brings us to the biggest negative - it's not a beach resort. You have to cross a road and a big car park to get to the public beach. I still went to the beach a few times but it has no facilities at all so if you want beach loungers and bars try the Hilton up the road. Otherwise I really liked this place and thought the price wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank mrdom
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to dubai. I'm happy that you chose to end your 3 months long vacation in Dubai. It is satisfying to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked your room design and the view.
I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to the signage. We are already working on this issue and will resolve it very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae if you have further comments about your stay.

Look forward to welcome you back.