“Best Hotel Ever”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #66 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Me and my husband had the best time ever. We stayed for 5 days, it was our anniversary, we recieved a complimentary cake and an awsome card and also an unexpected room upgrade which has the best view ever, even when you are in the bath tub, and we also got a special rate when we extended our stay for one more night !!!! Outstanding service from all the staff, everything there was perfect. Yes, the pool was small, eventhough we enjoyed it sooo much. But, you have to take your breakfast at paul, amazing restaurant for lesssss money. I want to thank all the staff for making our anniversary the best one ever. Definetly, i will come back again and i recommend it for every one. Thanks Sofitel. Our stay was heaven :)

2  Thank Dodo1506
There are newer reviews for Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach

Reviewed April 6, 2011

The first thing that attracts you is it's amazing location on newly designed JBR. This is the place where you can just walk, shp, have a nice dinner on open air restaurants on many tastes. It is1 min from the beach which is greatly save your time.
We had a honeymoon with my husband, so when we first entered our room besides the nicely funished and designed amenity we say tasty cake with the warm congratulations on our marriage occasion.
The personal(which speaks a little french as well), food, room service - everything made our honeymoon great , and made our impression about Dubai very much memorable. the bathroom had the function to open the window with the room view and as it open the room it open the view on you balcony. So while you're enjoying your bath you can stil see the beautiful colours of the gulf. The view from you balcony is great, as you you look down you can seee the hotel pool and the beach, and if you'll lokk to the left the splendid view of the Palm Jumeirah opens!!

"-" the places around the pool are limited, so be sure you that you are not late to the pool after the brakfast, becuase othervise you will loose the opputunity to swim in the pool for whole day.

Have a nice trip!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Totally agree with all the other reviews. Fab hotel in a beautiful beach location with many shops and eateries nearby on the cobbled JBR area. Service and attention to detail from staff was top class - sitting on the marble bench in the lobby one employee offered us cushions to soften our seat!

The Hub Irish bar within the hotel is a lovely spot for live music and food / drink.

We got a 4 for 3 night deal which made this hotel fit our budget in an otherwise pricey area. We were very sorry to be leaving!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2011

In March 2011 I organized a conference for about 65 participants at this property after soliciting bids from about a dozen other hotels. I feel so fortunate to have selected the Sofitel. I organize international meetings regularly, and I have never had another venue where so many of the participants came up to me with such enthusiastic praise for the facilities, location, and service.

From the start of the bid and negotiation process through pre-event organization and on-site implementation, the hotel's staff made it very easy for me and for our participants. I especially appreciated the all-inclusive sleeping room rate offered, including breakfast, wi-fi, and taxes, and the meeting delegate package covered room rental, breaks, and lunches during our event at a very fair price. The meeting rooms were perfect for our needs and best of all there were no glitches with the built-in projectors or sound system (you'd be surprised how many hotels have problems with these things). Breaks were set up right outside the meeting rooms in a spacious and quiet area with comfortable seating. Our lunches were served in the main hotel restaurant utilizing their existing buffet set-up, with an area set aside just for our group.

The food was wonderful, starting with the daily buffet breakfast. My standards for hotel breakfasts are pretty high (I admit it, I've been spoiled!), but the Sofitel really stands out. First of all, the egg station never got backed up and the omelets made by the chef were very tasty and not swimming in grease. There was a separate station for pancakes plus a wide variety of hot and cold dishes at several buffets. When a buffet has a honeycomb set up for fresh honey, that's extra credit in my book, but this one has not only a honeycomb but also fresh dragonfruit and homemade chestnut jam (the latter is totally addictive and I wish I'd found it earlier in the visit - definitely try it!). A+++! We also arranged a special buffet banquet one evening that was held out on the terrace overlooking the sea, and the atmosphere and food were just perfect and really set a great tone for our event. On another night the hotel arranged for our group to take a dinner cruise on Dubai Creek, and the food and service were outstanding.

The sleeping rooms are very comfortable and elegant with lovely views and extremely cozy beds. There was a good desk with ample workspace and wired Internet (in addition to the wi-fi), and although there was no iron and ironing board in the room they delivered one at my request. This was one of the quietest rooms I've stayed in recently - I was there a week and never heard any other guests clomping around overhead, doors slamming, or plumbing noises. If your room is on a lower floor you might hear a bit of traffic passing especially on the weekend, so if you're extremely sensitive you might ask for a higher floor.

The location of the Sofitel really is unbeatable (and I checked out all the other properties I didn't select). The range of restaurants within walking distance is incredible, and you can also find drugstores, a grocery store, a nail salon, and many other shops nearby. The hotel also runs free shuttles several times a day to the major local malls - otherwise, you can easily take real taxis (not phony hotel taxis with jacked up rates!) anywhere you want to go. It takes maybe 30-45 minutes to get to the airport, depending on traffic.

The only minor complaints I heard from my participants were regarding the elevators. They do run a bit slowly, and I'm not sure there are really enough of them to handle the load, but that's not something the hotel can easily remedy. Also, the bathroom (at least in my room) was a little oddly designed - the sliding door closing off the toilet and bidet area allows an unusually small opening. I'm 5'3" and a size 6-8 and I had to angle myself to get through the door - I wonder how a wider person would manage, but maybe the hotel has more accessible rooms. As noted in other reviews, the pool area is rather small, and there is only a limited range of spa services offered in the beauty salon (at inordinately high prices), so someone looking for a full-out resort experience might not be completely satisfied here.

All in all, however, my conference participants and I loved this property and really didn't want to leave at the end of our event. For a meeting or for travelers wanting a great value on a super-convenient and attractive base in Dubai, I really can't imagine a better place than the Sofitel!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for quiet & good views
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ceollaigh
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Excellent hotel in every way. Spacious room with high quality amenities and very comfortable. Location on Jameirah Beach is excellent with market. Walk to metro station in 10-15 minutes. Hope to come back in future. Good service. 2 balconies with ocean view overlooking the beach and The Palm.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2011

First rate service from a very attentive, friendly staff.
I cannot fault this hotel.
Good sized rooms with views of the beach.
We received an upgrade which gave us a larger room with larger bathroom
The hotel is in an excellent location near to the beach with a wide range of resturant and amenities close by.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Excellent hotel, we stayed for 3nights on our way home from Australia, arriving at 7.30am after a 15 hour flight. The reception staff checked us into our room straightaway instead of the usual 3pm check-in time, which was fantastic and gave us a much needed sleep. The room was exactly as described with a view of Jumeriah Beach and the Palm Atlantis. The staff were brilliant, very polite and helpful (reception, pool staff, maids, concierge and porters), we had a problem connecting to the free WIFI and a member of staff responded immmediately and sorted it for us. The location could not have been better, right on the beach and Jumeriah Beach Walk with shops and restaurants we would definately stay here again.