“Comfortable Hotel”
Review of City Seasons Hotel

City Seasons Hotel
Ranked #206 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on a recent trip to Europe. Picked up from airport by shuttle which was good and dropped off again on our way out. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was large, comfortable bed and pillows, bathroom was clean. My husband did use the small gym and pool which was adequate. Wasn't noisy in our room so we slept well, the view wasn't the best of the carpark across the road, but it was just a stopover so didn't really matter that much. It is close to Deira City Shopping Mall and very close to airport but it is a bit dated and probably would'nt chose to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coorie54
HameedALAWI, General Manager at City Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments for the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

Glad that we met with your expectations. Our interest in the change over is under way and we will be happy when it's done to welcome you again at the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

Once again, thank you very much.

There are newer reviews for City Seasons Hotel

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Some of the the comments on this hotel are not only untrue but also ridiculous (as is often the case on such travel reviews). I found this hotel to be beyond reproach, except for a silly name. It is very clean, professionally run and possessing amenities of a higher standard, considering the reasonable rates offered by the hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful, many services were free of cost, like breakfast, Internet (excellent signal in the room) and a shuttle ride to the beach. The room service food was also of good quality and not more expensive than at nearby malls. Hotel is close to the airport, as many have observed, but also accessible to most places of interest by the excellent Dubai Metro system. For all these reasons the management of this hotel should be praised.

It is a disservice to denigrate a good product and discourage the public from benefitting from it.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Neverestnow

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review & comments for the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

Compliments are seldom and we appreciate your appreciation to the services of this hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again at the City Seasons Hotel Dubai in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here once in 2010 and went back again this time. The location is just few minutes walk from deira city center (huge shopping mall) and metro. Deira is one of the oldest sides of dubai and close to the airport which is an advantage. There is not much noise from the nearby all-day-busy Etihad street nor from airplanes. The lobby is small with masked faced reception staff that never smiled. The check in was adequatley fast. I was guided to my room on the second floor. The room had wooden furniture which looked scratched. The carpet was stained. The bed was super king but firm for my liking. The electric oulets behid the TV where damaged and to solve that they placed a cheap extension with mutiple outlets which are nkw used for the water boiler and the mini bar. I relayed my observations to the reception staff and it fell on deaf ears. The bathroom is traditionally designed but stocked up with toiletries. The shower took a good 5 minutes to get hot water (what a waste of water). The AC worked well. The hotel provides free wireless Internet which was good. The gym is dated and I did not have time to check the swimming pool. I did not eat at the hotel (over priced) and simply ate at the nearby shopping mall. There is an underground parking for those with cars. Taxis can be called and there are plenty of them just few steps outside the hotel. In case of emergency there is a medical center 1 block away. All in all, good location but not much else.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review & comments for the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

We appreciate your feedback. My apologies for not meeting your expectations. Certainly taking your points into consideration and working on them for rectifications with the departments.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

i will surely recommend this hotel as there rooms are better and cleaner.
Hotel is far from city centre but if staying in deira side, this is better place as there is a deira mall just at 5 minutes walking distance, swimming pool at the top is great, had good fun ... also there is a small gym which is okayish.. breakfast served in the morning contains quite a variety ...overall this hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: Again try to book a room towards the road side for better view. Higher floor rooms recommended
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Glad that we have met with your expectations. We strive to be consistent in good service.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcome you again to the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My son an I stayed at this hotel for a week. It is right next to the airport so it is a bit far from the beaches and sights of interest. There is a mall close by with a grocery store and it makes it a bit convenient if you need something. Also, there is always a taxi waiting outside or could be called over in a second by the man at the door which makes access to other part of the city easy. Inside of the hotel and rooms are pretty clean. The beds are uncomfortable and the mattress is more like a futon than a spring mattress. It is clear that they don't wash the little runners they put on the foot of the beds because I saw a stain on it. Our shower curtain was moldy so I called and got a fresh clean one. There was a refrigerator in our room which was nice. We could watch the planes take off and land from our room and we liked that a lot, we also enjoyed hearing the calls to prayer from a mosque close by. Noteworthy to say the whole hotel smells like curry and the rooms smells like a different flavor of curry than the general areas of the hotel but everywhere you go you smell curry. This hotel is frequented by many Iranians who are considered second class visitors of UAE so if you have dark hair or look Italian or Mediterranean expect lousy attitudes from the staff. The reception desk is always staffed with several people but they seem to take forever to do the simplest of tasks. Staff at this hotel needs to take a course on hospitality and on how to make guests feel welcomed. Every time I needed to talk to the staff I felt like I was being interrogated. The staff in general is uncivil. One of the managers "Kumar" was specially unpleasant. I have sever food allergies so I could not eat at the restaurant but had to accompany my son to the restaurant to eat, many times I was harassed by staff at the restaurant. They didn't like people in the restaurant if they were not eating. On two occasions they made us get up and move to a different table for unknown reasons. One of the chefs in the hotel (an Iranian man) was kind enough to make couple dishes according to my diet needs and made special lunch time with my son and I very much appreciated it. My son loved the breakfast buffet in the mornings. The wi-fi at the hotel is convenient but does not work in rooms in upper floors. Hotel has a business center with computers. You have to pay to use the printer which was fine by me, but again there were really rude about it. We used the room service twice, we ordered a glass of juice once with prompt service. Later, we ordered a late dinner for my son which took several calls and a long wait. The most agreeable staff in this hotel was an Indian boy/young man who cleaned our room everyday. A very kind man and every time I needed extra cleaning or really anything he was happy to oblige. Hotel also has a pool on top floor which we did not visit, but other than the restaurant and the pool and the small business center there is not much at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review & comments to the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

First of all my apologies. I really appreciate your feedback and have already took measures to remedy your valid thoughts. concentrating off course on training, communications & hospitality at all times. I can assure you things have changed.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked this hotel just to get some sleep after an overnight flight - purely a day booking. Ideal as near the airport and not too expensive.

Nice spaceous rooms.

Gym is reasonable as well.

Stayed here before and I am booked again in a week or so. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review & comments for the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

Glad that we have met with your expectations.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcome you again at the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

It's an ok hotel, better choices available, reception staff is too rude, being Egyptian they r nice to Egyptians, the rest can go to hell, conceriage was called to collect the luggage and they did not show up for the next 1,30 hour. I'm not a racist but this is what I witnessed.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review for the City Seasons Hotel Dubai.

My apologies... Certainly have taking your thought to the concerned department for rectifications. More emphasis on training on this subject is in place.