“A Welcome Respite”
Review of City Seasons Hotel

City Seasons Hotel
Ranked #207 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here for 11 nights while working on a project in Dubai. While I visited other hotel sites for dinners and other activities, I found myself more and more greatful that I was staying here and not at a major tourist hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and changed my room from the west to the east side when I complained about some nearby road repair work at night. Despite the major road outside, I found the east side quite quiet and the room of decent size and comfortable. The wifi worked well (there was a cable available if needed) as did an excellent air conditioning system. Breakfast had a reasonable selection but the omelets made on-demand were the highlight. The dinner buffet was a bit disappointing. The metro station 500 m away and the City Center Mall was a short walk. Several taxi drivers had difficulty finding the hotel. As a "heads up" to guests be sure to tell your taxi that you are staying at City Seasons Hotel and not the Suites.

Room Tip: Stay on the East side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Curt G
There are newer reviews for City Seasons Hotel

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Was obliged to book a hotel quickly for a short notice trip to Dubai and my usual hotel were full .. The hotel is ok but the service is absolutely lousy even if some staff are nice but a total lack of management I suppose. No Internet wi fi in rooms , just in lobby ... The room is fine nothing special , large bathroom .. I could even see the plane take off from my bed so it's a bit noisy but not so much. Overall I won't return , I cannot say its bad but it's between good and so so ..

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed in the family room with my husband and 2 young boys and found the room to be very nice, clean and spacious. Did not like the rep that sold us our city tour. He kept insisting that we take the private one instead of the group tour which at the end our tour guy finished the tour in 2.5hours instead of 4. We would have been better off taking the hop on hop off bus. Also we were not given new towels and had to request them. Probably will stay at a different hotel next time I visit Dubai.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The Hote was clean and comfortable. Hotel's facilities such as swiming pool and gym were nice too.
But there was two negative points: There was sounds everyday in early morning from the mosque close to the Hotel and too much niose in the restaurant when the Hotel is crowded.
However, we generally enjoyed it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

People wrote that they saw a lot of stranger, well you are going to a different country obviously you will see strangers!!!, in my stay I did not see a single suspicious activity in the hotel like you see normally in other 4 star hotels of Dubai that strange girls are coming and other non-ethical things. The only thing I found bad was the business center that is not good but as a replacement lobby is great.

I stayed there in October 2011 and going again on March 8, 2011. I am doing software development from Pakistan for some USA clients and they come for the meeting in Dubai every year and stay at 5 star hotels, I ask them that why they spent this much of money while there are other hotels where we can stay good as we have to do meeting all day in the lobby/business center and then go out to malls and then come back to room to sleep, he asked me to select a hotel and I selected City Seasons hotel Dubai just by reading info from the internet and you know what my client said he will always stay at this hotel. City Seasons hotel has great room honestly if you compare the room with a 5 star hotel’s you will find no big difference. The washroom is excellent with all accessories, beds are awesome, LCD big screen TV, 24 hours free of cost internet both wired and wireless in the room (5 star charge you a lot for internet and they give wireless only in the lobby). The hotel is well situated very near to the airport a 3 minutes’ walk and you are at the metro station and city center mall, behind the hotel there are other great mall, a 4 minutes’ walk and you have Garry’s Danata office if you are an emirates traveler and need something.
Food is excellent and the dinner/lunch buffet charges are very low but the food is excellent both in taste portion. Gym is good swimming pool is small but acceptable. Lobby is excellent and 24 hours room service is on the top.
Above all the staff, I felt that I am the president of this hotel when the staff talked to me. You will love the staff for how they talk and care for you.
I say that City Seasons hotel is the best place to stay if you have a business trip to Dubai or even you are coming with your family for vacations. This is an alcohol free hotel and the hotel surrounding is great you will not see any bad stuff around the hotel which you see around other 3 and 4 star hotels in Dubai like pimps and prostitutes.
City seasons hotel is great from every aspect and from every point of view.

Room Tip: no tips the hotel is great for whatever you choose
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2012

very quiet hotel, maybe it is good but not for me that I was alone!
the good was not so good and I did not like the location , the only good point was that it is near city center mall , the room was good ,

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2011

we were stayed there from 19 DEC 2011 till 22 DEC 2011. this hotel is full of strangers that are not guests . reception is usually angry and didn't like to answered us.
worst of all : one morning at 4.15 AM we heard someone screaming . we woke up and ran out. and saw a girl lay down behind the one of rooms and just scream... and no one was there to help.. after 5 or 6 min the security (a thin small man) come and couldn't do anything to make her quiet . the girl was still screaming. terrible terrible terrible. I NEVER and EVER come back there.....NEVER

Room Tip: noisiest place near highway
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family