Review of The Thai Kitchen

Ranked #282 of 10,005 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Description: The Thai Kitchen at Park Hyatt Dubai presents authentic Thai dishes prepared by native chefs. This award-winning Dubai hotel restaurant offers three live kitchens - one each for wok, grill and noodles - as well as an additional kitchen devoted to the preparation of traditional Thai desserts. Reminiscent of the hustle and bustle of downtown Bangkok, The Thai Kitchen places its tables near each of the kitchens, allowing restaurant guests to enjoy the sights and aromas of classic Thai cuisine preparation. Friday Brunch at The Thai Kitchen Enjoy The Thai Kitchen's Friday brunch from 12:30pm to 4:00pm and chose from the following packages: Non-alcoholic package: AED255 per person including food, soft drinks, water, assorted juices, Thai tea and virgin mojitos. Wine & beer package: AED320 per person including food, non-alcoholic beverages, a selection of wine and Thai beer Sparkling wine Package: AED395 per person including food, non-alcoholic beverages, a selection of wine, Thai beer, standard spirits and sparkling wine. Wednesday Night Special Park Hyatt Dubai's award-winning restaurant, The Thai Kitchen, has a special evening planned every Wednesday night. Diners at The Thai Kitchen on these nights will be able to feast on an extensive list of dishes served on an unlimited basis right at their table, all for just AED250 per person (excluding beverages). Master-classes at the Park (not offered during Ramadan) The chef de cuisine at The Thai Kitchen, Chef Supattra Boonsrang, looks forward to holding master-classes, ideal as birthday or anniversary parties, or as gifts for food enthusiasts.
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent restaurant. Were advised to order tapas style and were not disappointed . Prob best Thai eaten in a long time

1  Thank lewis151

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I took a diverse (7) person group of business colleagues from UK, Germany, Sweden, Egypt, Italy and India here. It was my first visit. I was paying (albeit on business expenses).
None of us drank alcohol (driving, Muslim, etc.).

It is a long walk from the Park Hyatt front door to the Thai Kitchen and requires quite a few twists and turns and asking at least 2 security guards where it is. But we got there.

Ambience is pleasant with the 2 open kitchen areas. We had a pleasant round table, but no view (it was evening, dark and we weren't close to any windows).
Why do restaurants in Dubai INSIST on selling you up to brutally expensive GLASS Bottles of San Pellegrino when there is perfectly acceptable local water (not carbonated) in plastic bottles. It's not very GREEN and is HIGHLY EXPLOITATIVE.
We had planned to go A La Carte, as one of our number was veggie.
The pleasant young Thai waitress said that the Banquet was better value. I had my doubts, but as a flexible host, went with the flow. She also IMPLIED that given the huge amount of food, we wouldn't need 7 Banquets (at AED 200 €40 each).

So it arrived.
The "starters" were pleasant as was the soup. For some reason 3 different types served to different guests with no-one asked to select their preference.
There were some pleasant "mains" but each serving was to be shared between 2, 2, or 3 and it always seemed not QUITE enough. I suppose, with hindsight we could have asked, for more. But the "attentive" waitress would arrive with another course (or set of courses) and we would move on.
Chinese and Thai meals are a bit like the Marriage Feast at Cana; the good stuff comes first and the less good towards the end. And so it was.
The latter courses were more gooey, MSG-ish and less tasteful than the early ones.
The desserts were dubious and there wasn't much flavour - and there weren't many fresh fruit segments offered. Teas and Coffees were ordered (at extra cost)..
The total bill exceeded AED 2200 (€440) for 7, which is frankly over the top for what we had (no alcohol) and with San Pellegrino at AED 27 a bottle (€5.5), a bit of a rip-off.
YES, we were charged for 7 BANQUEST. No saving there.....

I always measure my experience by "Would I take my wife here?".
For ambience, location and service - YES.
For overall food acceptability and value for money - NO.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went on an inspection visit to the Thai Kitchen in Park Hyatt Dubai , as this restaurant has been awarded many times as best Thai Kitchen in Dubai .

we aimed for the sharing menu which has a selection of starters which consist of small dishes of different flavours and different spiceness , staff very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable of their menu offerings , inside kitchen is open and once you enter the restaurant you can see the chefs behind different counters.

we were seated on the terrace which has good views . overall it is an average of 200-250 DHS per person without drinks but it is worth a visit !

definitely will go back again !

1  Thank TDubai68
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently visited the Thai Kitchen in Dubai at the Park Hyatt. It wasn't my first time there, I make it a point to visit the thai kitchen whenever I'm in Dubai. Its easily one of my favourite Thai restaurants. The food is delicious and the service extremely courteous. Even the ambience is authentic and pleasing. I would specially recommend the glass noodle salad and the green thai curry. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank Divya B
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm a regular at this restaurant. To start with, a great setting next to the water at the Creek Yacht Club. A nice outdoor bar next door where you can have a few beers before dinner. The food is always spot on, and the service is excellent. I have the done the entire round of Thai restaurants in Dubai and will say without a doubt that this is my favourite. A bit on the pricey side though..