All reviews burj khalifa canal view blanc restaurant morimoto restaurant navigator desk renaissance brand chaise longue long desk rare hotels enclosed balcony issues with hot water great hosts marriott elite solve problems the club lounge breakfast and happy hour water canal
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Located in a central downtown location, the guests will enjoy the hotel's beautiful aesthetics, fine restaurants, well-appointed rooms, and exemplary staff. We stayed at The Rennaissance twice during an extended trip that took us to South Africa.

We began our trip with 3 nights in Dubai to explore and enjoy the city, as well as acclimate to the time zone before flying to Africa. We were warmly greeted and made to feel very special by the very attentive staff. In fact, every member of the staff that we encountered, from the wait staff in the restaurants to the doormen all seemed to go out of their way to be genuinely engaging and helpful.

Our room was on the Club Room floor and was spacious and beautifully appointed. We loved the Club Room access, and enjoyed their excellent breakfasts and Happy Hour. In fact, it was simply fun to talk to their diverse and engaging staff up there!!!

On our return trip to Dubai before heading back to the US, we once again stayed at the hotel. They were very helpful in offering us an early check-in since our plane from S. Africa landed early in the morning. This allowed us to get settled and get a couple of hours of sleep after our all-night flight. It was much appreciated.

There is no question that if we return to Dubai, we will once again stay at The Renaissance.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Renaissance D, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

We're loving your 5-star review and would love to thank you for contributing to TripAdvisor's community by sharing great tips here!
But the most exciting thing is that we're happy to hear that you've noticed our passion for hospitality, loved our aesthetics and saw that our ambassadors make our hotel so special!

We can't wait to welcome you back once you're in Dubai!

RENtastic regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I really impressed by one of respected staff in this hotel called “Ruxandra” where she sent an amazing apologize message to my room. She is made my day for the way of dealing with gust

Thanks and warm regards

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business

Hi Almuhanad,

Thank you for the RENmazing review! We're happy to hear that Ruxandra assisted you and made your day!

We can't wait to welcome you back to the #RenDXB!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I cannot comment on the value for money as this was a birthday present treat from my missus. However, the quality of the room and the service from out the whole hotel would be extremely difficult to beat anywhere.
Breakfast is definitely an experience to be had with the versatile buffet menu and the view from the bar on the top is floor at night is great.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Renaissance D, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

What a great 5-star review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us,
we are very happy to hear that you've got to experience the Discovery sense in all its glory and enjoyed your bday present from the missus! :-)

We hope to welcome you again!

RENtastic regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is simply amazing not only because it’s one of the newer properties in the area but the mere fact that the way this hotel is designed specially from the inside just blows your mind away (well it did for me at least). Hats off to whoever was the interior designer for this Renaissance, they did an immaculate job whether it was the lobby, the corridors, concert style music banging elevators, high airy ceilings in the rooms, super classy club lounge and the list goes on and on. To some of the other travelers out there it might not matter much but for me the interiors and the overall ambience of the hotel makes a huge difference on your overall stay.
I spent two unforgettable nights at this hotel and I wished I had stayed for more; the hotel IS a little on the pricier side, but you get your money’s worth. Upon check in I was greeted by a very fresh attentive staff who took my luggage off me straight away and I did not see it again until it was brought to my room. I was upgraded to a corner suite and had access to the club lounge as part of my membership perks.
My room was on the 20th floor which was high enough for me, I didn’t get a Burj view but to be honest it was an upgrade, so I couldn’t complain much. Upon entering the room I had to go through an alley which consisted of an ample size walk in closet, mini bar, tea/coffee station etc. Then comes the bedroom with huge floor to ceiling windows  covering almost the whole corner of the bedroom, minimal modern décor, smart tv, a grand king size bed (one of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in) and a grand bathroom with a huge almost open shower (can’t even call it a walk in) surrounded by the most gorgeous mosaic design I have seen in recent times. The bathroom was so eloquently integrated with the bedroom that its hard to put it in words one would have to see for themselves. The super high ceiling made me feel like I was in a huge, modern, posh studio in Manhattan. Soft, delicious cookies were also placed alongside a welcome note. I only had one engineering issue throughout my stay when the temperature of my shower was not changing from hot to cold, it was taken care of right away and since I wasn’t in the room they left me a note stating the problem was fixed.
I accessed the gym late at night, it was located on the same floor as the restaurant Bhar (which I also had a chance to visit, they serve shisha on the terrace which wasn’t bad but not worth the price). The gym was equipped with the latest techno gym treadmills and other machines which were still brand new and some of them could count your reps for you which I though was super cool. The only thing I didn’t like about the gym was the lighting, now I’m sure during the day it might not be an issue since it has huge windows facing the front of the hotel which should allow for plenty of light to come in, but at night it was a problem as I couldn’t read the instructions off of the machines due to the darkness. On my way back, I would stop at the lounge to pick up some water and soft drinks which are thankfully accessible throughout the night.
The ladies at the club lounge also deserve a shout out as they were all amazing in their service and super friendly and welcoming, the breakfast spread was decent, and the seating area was huge. I mentioned the elevators earlier and the way the music is projected throughout the floors is just pure magical and I guess the trick is that they have installed speakers outside the elevators which gives the music a concert like echo, I wouldn’t want to get a room closer to the elevators even though at night though it felt like the music was turned down a bit.
The only drawback I can think of when it comes to this property is its location, now even though it projects to be in Downtown Dubai its not a walking distance to the Dubai Mall or the Burj, one would have to get a taxi. There is no metro station in the vicinity which could be walkable. Even though the mall and Burj can be clearly seen from the hotel I couldn’t find a convenient walking route specially considering the tremendous heat. The closest walkable convenience store is located a few buildings away which I suggest you access from the back of the hotel as the walk alongside the water canal is amazing and the canal also makes a decent view from the room, other than that there is not much to look at.
Nonetheless I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, this hotel is keeping up with the modern-day hotel standards and I cherished every moment I spent there. I would like to congratulate the staff and management for running such a fine establishment, I will be coming back.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled solo

Hi Haaris,

What a stunning 5-star review, it blew our minds!
We do agree with you that our interior design is absolutely breathtaking, but it are our ambassadors who make this place so special!
Our interior design agency is WA International in case you were wondering. Some people might call it a desert chique design.
Reading your entire experiences from being at the #RenDXB gave us a pleasant insight of how you've experienced us!
Delicious cookies, great gym and a wonderful corner suite. We are very excited to see that you've noticed our passion for hospitality and we'll more than happy to welcome you back once you're in Dubai!

Have a RENtastic day!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

We absolutely loved this hotel, everything was 10+, especially the service. Such a friendly and helpfull staff that went beyond neccessary with every request. Location was good with easy and trouble-free access around the city by taxi. As active runner, there was good running routes around the canal and I felt really safe to go out for a run even at late hours.

Room Tip: We guess there is no room with bad view here, you either have a view to the canals or the Burj Khalifa, both are stunning!
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SMGr4

Hi there,

Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review!
We are very pleased to hear that your stay was trouble free and enjoyed discovering the city!

We can't wait to welcome you again to the #RenDXB upon your next visit to Dubai!

Have a RENtastic day,