We arrived at the Arabian Court (about 9.00a.m) we were greeted by highly courteous staff. We were shown to reception, checked in and then told that our room would not be ready until 2pm. I think this must happen alot as the overnight flights arrive early and guests don't have to check out till 12noon, so it is all a bit of a rush to get the rooms turned round. Make sure you pack some swimming gear and shorts etc near the top of your case and then you can fish them out and get cracking with the serious art of relaxation!
The hotel is stunningly beautiful, with superb Arabic architecture. The hotel is very welcoming but rather palatial at the same time. The gardens are beautifully manicured with winding paths that connect the three properties (Palace, Residence and Arabian Court). Ideal for walking, pushchairs or wheelchairs. It was such a joy after dinner to take a stroll through the well lit paths and walk off some of the amazing food.
The bedroom was a good size, although a little dark. There are so many beautiful palm trees, but they do obscure the sunlight! (I can live with that!). The room was well appointed and spotlessly clean - beds a little on the hard side but nevertheless, comfortable.
The restaurants and standard of food was superb. We had breakfast in the rotisserie, which was always a relaxed affair. We had a meal at Olives at the Palace, which was terrific. We booked a table at 101 onThe Palm and walked to the jetty to take the private launch over to the island. All very exciting and very beautiful. Although my meal was superb, my nieces were very disappointed with the paella and the wine was the biggest rip off I have encountered ever. I know this is Dubai but it spoilt the evening as it was so blatant. It just isn't worth paying the extra money, when the food at the Arabian Court was faultless and is included in the price.
We enjoyed lunch most days at the eau zone which was wonderful. The salads were tasty, fresh and a perfect portion. On our last evening, we booked a table at the Eau Zone and enjoyed a prawn curry which was just outstanding & will be remembered for a long time!
We had a treatment at the Spa at the Residence and that was fantastic. We were so well looked after and drifted back to our rooms in a state of total relaxation.
The pool area was clean and well looked after by the guys, who would appear with iced water (only in the mornings it seemed) and fresh fruit during the day. The pool at the Palace was amazing, loads of room, lovely little eaterie and a perfect short stroll away.
I cannot in any way fault the hotel. The only thing I was disappointed in was the terrible view from the beach. The hotel is situated where the main road goes on to the Palm, so there is a lot of traffic. There is an ugly derelict building which dominates the skyline next door and there were rusty old ships moored just offshore. The beach was beautiful, never busy and with a constant breeze, it was a glorious place to stretch out and relax (but not look out to sea!)
A truly wonderful hotel, fabulous service, expensive but worth the blowout! Enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Arabian Court is crafted in the spirit of the orient with dramatic architecture creating symmetry, amidst a landscape of fountains, walkways and lush gardens. The subtly angled entrance leads to the impressive grand gallery, the vertebrae of the hotel that links the two wings of the property and guides guests towards the 162 charismatic guest rooms and 10 elaborately styled suites, all of which are facing the sea, with private balcony or garden patio. The three restaurants and their lounges thrive on individuality. These include a journey from the grand kitchens of the past, to a modern voyage through the eclectics and vibrancy of the Near East and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arabian Court at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Court At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Arabian Court At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai