The great thing about this place is that it is not like a hotel ! It is stuck between the Royal Palace and the Arabian Court ( both recommended but much larger ). The Residence guests have access to their facilities but the facilities of the Residence remain private. Superb from start to finish from our warm welcome with a glass of fizz at 2am after a late flight to the service on the beach ( iced water, fruit, sorbets and the spectacle cleaner !! ). The rooms are grouped in two storey units generally four together serviced by their own entrance, hallway and ' two houseboys'. The executive suites are awesome, as are the junior suites but frankly the prestige rooms are all you need. It is up to choice but our room was away from the main building overlooking the beach and second floor therefore with a balcony view of the beach and The Palm. The service from the staff was unbelievable, nothing too much trouble. All facilities were usually half full including tables for the lovely breakfasts and the beach tents ( always availability ). The hammam and spa was excellent. The food was generally of a high standard but frankly do not go to Dubai if you seek culinary excellence, even at this hotel or the Burj al Arab ! You would have to seek out a top international restaurant and then pay some ! We wanted local fare and it is not easy to find. The ambience and fare at The Courtyard of The Arabian Court followed by a cool sheesha smoke ticks the boxes ! Do not waste your time heading for Peppercrab and The Tagine is very average compared to the delights of Marrakesh. The gardens are superb and the pool area beautiful and peaceful ( never a problem to find your own little gazebo and loungers ). I envy those retired gentlefolk who I am told take a suite for a month at a time. The rate of returning guests is extremely high but apparently the British still turn up in the summer to brave the heat of 40-50 C. We cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence & Spa is an intimate sanctuary for those who wish to indulge in the comforts of prosperity with its own private reception and Dining Room and Library exclusive to guests staying in any of the 48 rooms and suites or the free-standing beachfront Garden Villa.The Arabian-styled private residences, each cared for by a specifically-selected, dedicated team, house a retreat of 1 Garden Villa, 16 Suites and 32 Prestige Rooms. Spacious and created with the finest detailing, all are sea facing with private balcony or terrace, and the elegant Garden Villa also provides a luxurious and ornate environment within the most exclusive part of the resort.Within the elegant courtyard entrance of Residence & Spa, guests will find the Health and Beauty Institute, an oasis of relaxation featuring the One&Only Spa, Oriental Hammam, the Pedi:Mani:Cure Studio by Bastien Gonzalez and hair salon by Alexandre Zouari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Agoda so you can book your Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence&Spa At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Residence&Spa At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Residence Hotel Dubai
- Residence Resort Dubai