“very average....and small”
Review of Ibis Al Barsha

Ibis Al Barsha
Ranked #224 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 14, 2013

So don't expect ANY luxury if you are paying these prices in Dubai. Having said that, I still expected the Hotel to be better given the cost.

Checked in around 2am and was told there were no No Smoking Rooms which was odd as it was a specific request as I am asthmatic. Complained and immediately rooms became available.....at 2am.

Check in took for ever. Staff were not that helpful when asked for info. Hotel didnt even have a colour printer! Having said that, it did seem under staffed.

Rooms are tiny, Bathrooms are tiny. I'm not that large and it was a little bit of a squeeze to sit ;) . Bed was comfortable though and the desk area in my room was large enough to work on.

Evening food options are very limited and you have to pop down to pick it up at the Cafe area. Breakfast is very good Buffet style with a good range of hot, cold and traditional food.

The Hotel is clean, modern and well kept. Its near the highway but you can't here it. Its about 1km away from the Mall. Little tricky to get to if you are coming from the North on the highway.

If you are on a budget, then this is a good option as I like my hotels clean LOL, but dont expect much else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SVincent1409, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Ibis Al Barsha.

We have noted your concerns on our service, particularly with the provision of non-smoking rooms as well as the duration taken for check in.

We certainly understand the frustration you must have faced due to this and have already put measures in place to address specific booking requests and to quicken the check-in process.

Thank you once again for your valuable and honest feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you during your next stay with us.

Kind regards,
The Management Team

Reviewed February 9, 2013

No one to take the bags to the room was just a start. I took a looong while until we checked in and later we found that the room we go is sharing the access door with another room. The room is a beyond tiny and small. I can't say it's good value for money as I'm a Dubai resident and I know that you can find much better for the same value. I had to check out after 15 minutes but they still charged me for 1 night !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback during your stay at Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai.

Having gone through your comments, we are most concerned to hear of the service related issues you had encountered. We sincerely apologize for this unpleasant experience.

Rest assured that we have taken necessary measures to improve the services offered to our guests.

We thank you once again for your valuable and honest feedback, and look forward to welcoming you during your next stay with us.

Kind regards,
The Management Team

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed this hotel 4-6 Feb and it was not a good experience as they gave a room of disabilities peoples !!to me , without any apologies when they changed my room next day and guy in reception who had given the room , told me ,it was no problem! we were full when you arrived on 22:00 !!
Breakfast , cleanness and free internet are good points and rooms , bath, location and check in negative ones .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bardia1353
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we will be looking in possible option to be offered to our guests in the future.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at Ibis Al Barsha.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Loved the quiet. Very accessible. Also having many touristic locations and shopping areas close by. Will book IBIS Al Barsha henceforth for my regular trips to Dubai. I would willingly recommend this place for any business and/or family travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.
All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your various stays with us.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.
I was delighted to read your valuable comments on TripAdvisor, and I am thrilled by the fact that you enjoyed your overall experience
It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

A reasonably priced mid range hotel. Beds very comfortable with decent sized rooms. Breakfast a bit generic but ticks most of the boxes; good coffee, warm food, cereal, pastries, fruit and yoghurt with limited variety. Hotel is about one kilometer from the closest metro station so quite a walk in the hot summer months. Taxis not keen to take you the short hop to the metro station. Good in room wifi.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chris P
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your recent stay with us.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel as well as the constructive comments for us to improve our service

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai, or to any of our properties worldwide.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed previously while i was travelled back to Dubai for a contract dealings and got it ! the experience I got in that little property was enormous since I work for 5 star properties.There is no words apart only outstanding which I Believed members of Family which the Gm made and each members specially the F&B staff are amazing since myself I became the monthly outlet customer and they know my preferences " this property don't have Butler Service" thus making them very singular and only by expressing your likes since their family are multi cultural and multi languages speakers.......Ibis Al barsha great family now and many +++++ for practical reasons to be around 15 mins from business area ,5 mins from the most important mall and easy access from Sheikh Zayed Road and my good impression remains for both bar staff

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pritam B
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If your looking for a Basic Cheap hotel.. You found it.. The Al Barsha Ibis is just that.

I've stayed here twice this year and The rooms are well put together (Be it a little small) and the room service is just what you would expect from an Ibis.. Fast and efficient.

The Downsides;
Location: its a 15 min walk from the Sharaf DG Metro and 30 mins from the emirates mall if you want to walk there. Compared to other hotels this is actually quite far!
Limited Facilities: There isn't a Gym or Pool/sun bathing area at all.. and they dont seem to deliver food to your room. You have to order and then go to the lobby to collect it.

If you got a budget and need the cheapest in Al Barsha then it is ok but IMO Needs a Pool at least being so far away from anything else.

Room Tip: If you dont want people walking past your door at night.. ask for one of the rooms at the end of the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your stay with us.