“Service”
Review of Ibis Al Barsha

Ibis Al Barsha
Ranked #226 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The booking process through the Internet was good and very smoothly. After a short time, I received a confirmation email, that my credit card was accepted and the booking was confirmed. I printed the email to show it at the desk on arrival. So far everything is perfect.

At 1pm I started to drive from Muscat to Al Ain for some work and by evening I drove from Al Ain to Dubai to my hotel to rest and to get ready for tomorrow meeting and to drive back to Muscat.

When I arrived at the hotel around 8:30pm, they informed me that the booking was canceled due to some problem with my credit card. And all rooms are booked now (No room available at the hotel).

After long argument and showing that I am not happy about the situation, they provide me a room in a smoking area which disturbed my sleep the hall night.

When I checked my email later, I found that they sent me an email to inform me about the cancellation. The email was sent on 27 December 2012 at 03:27pm. When I was on the road driving to UAE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mansooralshabibi
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we will be looking in possible option to be offered to our guests in the future.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Al Barsha

Reviewed December 30, 2012

A taxi from the airport to this hotel will cost from 52 to 78 dirhams depending on the traffic and takes about 45 minutes. If you are travelling light, you can get here more cheaply by taking a Metro from the airport to Sharaf DG (Station no 33) - buy a silver Nol Metro card for 20 dirham at the airport (it has 14 dirham preloaded for travel and is rechargeble). A taxi from Sharaf to the hotel will cost 10 dirham (N.B.- the Metro does not run on Friday morning as it is their Sabbath). Do not attempt to walk to the hotel from Sharaf with suitcases as there is no pavement from the hotel to the nearest roundabout to the station and also past the roundabout where a new Novotel is being built.
I found the hotel fine - the staff are courteous and helplful - they turned off the extractor fan in the bathroom off for me as it works 24/7 and I found it too noisy for my sleeping.
They also printed a document for me for free - there are 4 computers with free internet access in the lobby.
There is a hair dryer, a hand soap dispenser by the hand basin and a body/shampoo gel dispenser in the shower cubicle. The only downside is that the toilet and shower cubicles are a bit narrow for a large person - see the photos.
There is complementary tea/coffee making facilites in the room.
My bed felt like it was new and the linen and towels were changed everyday.
The breakfast is superb and not to be missed - it'll set you up for the day!
The location of this hotel is a bit awkward as Sharaf Metro, the nearest station is a ten minute walk on a dirt/part sandy road. However, once you are at the station, there are quick connections to the other malls (the Mall of Emirates is one stop away).
A taxi to the Burj Al Arab is 20 dirham, as is one the metro station for the Atlantis.
I feel that unless this hotel lays say an hourly free coach service to Sharaf DG, it is going to have serious competition from the new Novotel being built nearly opposite Sharaf DG.

Room Tip: I had a room facing Sheikh Zayed Road - although you cannot see the sea, if you crane your neck a li...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EagleLondon

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your stay with us.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel as well as the constructive comments for us to improve our service

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai, or to any of our properties worldwide.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for more than a week as a business traveler along with colleague. The rooms are too small. My earlier stay at IBIS Mall of Emirates was better with slightly bigger rooms. Request for twin bed was turned down with non-availability as reason.

I find the location is little odd as reaching there takes little time from either side of Sheikh Zayed Road. Reaching the hotel through the service lane is quite a distance. Not many eateries or shopping place nearby and Sharaf DG Metro is not walk able for everyday use. Good thing is you have many near by restaurants providing door delivery. Catch hold of their contacts before checking in here.

Breakfast spread is really wide but found it boring as it is same menu everyday. Coffee shop and bar are neat though a little expensive. Room rates are also little high with breakfast compared to IBIS MoE. Free WiFi in room experience is just about average but works well in the lobby. Choose this if you don't get a room in Mall of Emirates.

Room Tip: Choose IBIS Mall of Emirates over this if available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Staying for 5 nights at this Hotel was very long due to the fact that the Rooms are terrible, very small, dark paint colours, no opening windows. Even though its a 3 star hotel, the 3 star hotels at South Africa are of much higher standard than this hotel. I will never ever again go back there even Dubai itself is highly overrated for nothing. There is nothing fascinating at Dubai other than their landmark copied buildings. They copied Manhattan buildings at Dubai Marina, Petronas twin towers. The Burl Al Arab is not very deep in the ocean as they displayed on the Internet. The palm island is okay not exciting as they show on the Internet.
The only place that was enjoyable was at Ferrari World and watching the Grand Prix at Yas Marina at Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: No Swimming pool available at the hotel. Construction is taking place around the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 16, 2012

A brief stopover at the Ibis Al Barsha was almost a few hours too long and a borderline student resident’s experience.

The room itself is nothing to write home about – slightly larger than a shoebox with a mini-television showing mostly public broadcaster content, a window looking out onto an arid dirt parking lot with a few high-rises in the background and one of the stiffest beds we’ve ever had to sleep on, along with, what can only be describes as semi-military issue pillow and bed sheet. The bathroom is slightly larger than a telephone booth and is just about manageable for one person – two people would be stretching the experience a bit.

The breakfast is well presented, simple and generally pleasant, although the scrambled eggs are truly horrific. It’s almost unthinkable that scrambled eggs could be so unbelievably difficult to make that anyone would resort to the powdered version but at Ibis Al Barsha they did!

One of the only upsides to the hotel is its close proximity to one of the Metro-Stations that virtually connects you to the rest of Dubai. Don’t attempt to walk to the station. On a good day it is baking. It’s not too far but far enough to cook you. Rather pay the few Dirham to a cab driver to get there.

With a borderline Poor overall rating, the staff, however, are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sandtontimes

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the typical Ibis hotel. Cannot really say anything exciting about this hotel compared to other Ibis hotels ... I think they all generally look the same (rooms are the same size as well). So lets tackle this in chronological order.

1. Hotel check in was straight forward. No issues here whatsoever. they even have a priority lane for Accor-card members. Only strange thing is the staff asked me how much should I leave as a deposit for the room. Hello .... no other hotels ever asked me this... how the heck should I know what is the amount that is normally charged for room deposit?
2. Room itself is clean (however, I did find certain part of the room carpet a bit sticky) and there were some rooms that require entry through two doors ... wonder why the hotel didn't remove the exterior door? Washroom was small with no amenities provided (only hand soap, disposable cup and shampoo -- and the hand soap and shampoo are mounted to the wall). The toilet bowl area is seriously small ... you need to lift your legs in order to wash or wipe yourself. Serious! No safe provided in the room as well ... take note.
3. Hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from the Metro station (Sharaf DG). However, you need to walk on sandy roads and cross crazy traffic to get there. Seriously dangerous stuff. The hotel should provide some sort of shuttle to help the guest.
4. Breakfast is pretty comprehensive. Very good selection ... HOWEVER ... I'm not sure if this is some Ibis hotel company policy ... the choice of food given is the SAME every single day. There isn't any variation at all. Imagine if you stay in the hotel for a month ... you would be so bored of the food. Even for my 5 day stay .. I felt bored after 2 days of having the same scrambled eggs, baked beans, fried rice, turkey bacon, chicken sausage and hash-brown. Same experience I had in Ibis Styles in Perth. I think the hotel is seriously holding back the chef's creativity.
5. The bar had a good selection of alcohol and cocktail ... I seriously enjoyed myself there ... kudos!
6. Checkout was a breeze ... no problems.

Room Tip: Some rooms require you to walk a long passage with no short-cut. Try to get rooms near the elevator...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The 3-start rating gave me some hope when our party suggested to stay here. We booked multiple night, but we (family of 4, with two rooms) just lasted one night. This is too cheap for me, although at almost $100,- a night per room, it's not that cheap either.
The rooms are freightfully small, dingy/dirty and the bathroom is smaller than my closet at home. The room was smelly and the linnens were grey, where white was intended.
The hotel does attract a certain, rather rude customer base, which made check in and check out a prolonged and tiring affair.
One positive aspect was the staff behind the counter. What a patience and dedication to work there, and to stay friendly all the time.
This hotel need s a serious cleaning, and is not suitable for a family with young children, people who are sensitive to dirty rooms and bathrooms. Otherwise if you are traviling on a shoestring, maybe you find something here.

Room Tip: Try another hotel for a good room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family