“Central location-but that is it”

ibis Dubai Al Barsha Hotel
Ranked #229 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

the hotel location and cleanliness are the only thing thing the kept us from checking out early.
Staff is not very helpfull unless you insist on getting what you need.
No room service or luggage support.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Amira_1101
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at ibis Dubai Al Barsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

We wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel to be your hosting hotel during your stay in Dubai.

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we will be looking in possible option to be offered to our guest in the future.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai, or to any of our properties worldwide.

Hotel Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have just come back from the ibis hotel and was there during ramadan, before I went I read the reviews and thought oh great not the greatest place to go.......when I arrived with three colleagues as was there for three weeks on business, I was far from disgusted of the bad reviews people have left this place was so clean the staff very very pleasant specially the bar staff and made the stay very enjoyable. Not over priced either and you go eat drink smoke and do what ever there anytime during the day whilst Ramadan was on. The rooms where great and very clean aswell and any problems you had would be dealt with straight away. I would highly recommend anybody to go there not just for business but for a holiday aswell. Thank you for making my trip enjoyable

• Stayed: August 2012
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at ibis Dubai Al Barsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your stay with us.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. It has all the facilities needed and is very clean, quiet and with good(quiet and controllable) airconditioning. View was fine. - see pic. Rooms are cleaned and towels changed daily. My room was on the 4th floor at the side, a good size, with all necessary accoutrements (no bath but a good walk-in shower). Plenty of electrical sockets and an adaptor provided instantly at the front desk. I stayed for two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Good value buffet breakfast, outdoor patios to sit, and very helpful staff. The computers provided free are fast and efficient, but only 4 so at busy times you may have to queue - but there is free wireless throughout the hotel. It is on a busy road and the Metro runs right outside but there was no noise from either. I have stayed in many more expensive hotels in Dubai but prefer this one, irrespective of its budget price. It will be my choice next visit. It is not within easy walking distance of anywhere but there are always good value taxis outside the main entrance.

Room Tip: At the side or back.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ashepperdson
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at ibis Dubai Al Barsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Reviewed August 9, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jnitecki

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel when aunt came to visit me here UAE... we stayed for 5nights... They are newly opened that time so the room is perfectly beautiful and tidy. (September 2009)

What I didn't like about this hotel is they don't have a bell boy to help us carry our luggage. Although, the reception already informed me about it prior to booking:(

About 10minutes walk to Mall of Emirates and Metro Station.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank traveller_zie
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at ibis Dubai Al Barsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I travel to Dubai every couple of Month for business and stayed this time at Ibis AlBarsha. Hotel is an excellent value for money.

What I Like:

- Friendly Staff.
- Good Food.
- Excellent Service.
- Rooms well cleaned every day.

What I Don't like:
- Everyone says its a walk from Emirates Mall, its a loooooong walk. And there is a lot of construction in the area so on several occasions you wont find a pavement to walk on. Its nearly impossible to go walking in the summer, it takes 30 minutes to emirates mall.

- I selected a smoking room, but the the minute I entered the room I thought I should quit smoking, its really stinks. This is the major drawback in this hotel, if this was better I would have given a 5 star rating, but this is not a smoking room its a smoked room.

Apart from the room smell, that I got used to after the first day :) its a good hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a street view not the ones that over looks other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mhashem6
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at ibis Dubai Al Barsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

I was delighted to read your valuable comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for your delicate compliments.

It is through feedback that we are able to critically assess our performance and understand the required areas of improvement.

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we would like to inform you that we have acquired deionizer devices to ensure the smell of cigarette disappear for the comfort of our guest

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai, or to any of our properties worldwide.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are choosing between a budget hotels in Diera, Bur Dubai or Al Barsha I recommend Al Barsha. There is so much traffic in Diera that it takes you forever to get anywhere. Also the clientele in Diera and especially Bur Dubai are much more unsavory then the clientele in Al Barsha. For example there are a lot of clubs, dodgy looking characters and hookers in and around the Bur Dubai budget hotels.

Why did I tell you this? Because it makes all the difference when picking a budget hotel especially if you are a single woman. The Ibis is a budget hotel but most of the clientele appear to be international business people and tourists. It did not feel as if it was a pay by the hour hotel like the hotels I have seen (never stayed at) in Bur Dubai.

I stayed there last weekend and was surprised to find (after numerous bad reviews) that the internet was great. You have access to it in your room.They have a free option and a paid option and the free option was more than adequate.

The beds are hard, the toilet area is way to small, the bathroom floods, the decor is outdated but as people have said it is a budget hotel so you get what you pay for. We were just there to sleep and we slept well.

Someone said that the AC wasn't working and it was hot. Our AC was great. You could adjust it in the room which was nice as it felt a bit cold when we came in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends