Dusit Residence Dubai Marina
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$168
$123
$272
Hotels.com
$300
$249
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
$228
$189
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$121
Trip.com
$357
$294
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
$240
$191
$1,338
$1,225
All reviewsdubai marinabedroom apartmentwasher dryerfull kitchensmall poollong stayconstruction noisefamily stayminute walkhotel apartmentseasy accessexcellent staymetro stationbalconyjbrimranappliances
Reviewed October 10, 2013

As a frequent guest of the Dusit Thani in Dubai, we are familiar with the standards of Dusit. However, the Dusit Residence Dubai Marina does not even come close to the expected. Our first mistake was reserving through booking.com (our first and last experience) where they plainly state "free cancellation". When we arrived to find the accommodations unsuitable for a number of reasons, we wrongly believed we would be free to try our luck somewhere else. pillows, carpet, bathrooms, furniture all were not clean. The furniture was uncomfortable. The A/C was so loud in the 2nd bedroom that it seemed a jet engine was at our window. The layout of the apartment, while not small, was wasteful. The congestion getting in and out of this nook of Dubai Marina was prohibitive and it was quite difficult to find at night. There are so much competition for this sort of accommodation here that Dusit Residence really must up its game if it hopes to attract and keep quality guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kym S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed with 2 friends in august. Great spacious apartment although we had to keep air con on in one of the bedrooms at all times to mask an unpleasant smell. Excellent views of the marina. Downside was that pool only held sunshine in mornings. Not ideal for sun vacation. Staff were very helpful and accomodating when I was sick. There were a lot of children staying at same time of us which at times was uncomfortable at the pool.

Room Tip: Rooms without pool view will have better sunlight in afternoons and evenings
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our family stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for temporary accommodation before moving into our villa, when moving to Dubai. The marina is such a lovely location where you can walk around the restaurants and shops. The Dusit is at the other side of a bridge, which you can walk over. It was a nice walk but in the heat with 3 small children it was a bit of a struggle at times. There is a little play park under the bridge that my children loved.

Our apartment was lovely, clean and modern. There is building work going on next door but we never heard any noise while in our apartment. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vikkia80
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Dusit Marina for around four weeks during April 2013. The rooms are a very good size, although you can tell it's a few years old now as, as others have mentioned, it is a little tired looking and decor is slightly old fasioned. It's also a smoking residence, and for the first week or so there was still a slight smell of stale cigarettes lingering. The bathrooms are not the standard you get in better (and more modern) hotels, but they are fine.

The location of the Dusit is actually very good - because of all the roadworks going on in the Marina area the traffic can be a nightmare. However, because the Dusit is not quite so far in (it's just off Marina Mall Road) you can generally get in and out without sitting in traffic for to long. Just put the Grosvener Hotel in to the sat nav (or tell the cabbie) and you should get there fine. There's a great view of the marina and it's easy access to all the restaurants and cafes around the marina.

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is a new block being built directly next to the Dusit (looking at the crane sitting on the top it may actually be another Dusit!) The building work usually started at around 7am and continued on until anywhere between midnight and 2am, seven days a week, during which time there was a constant noise of hammering and banging, metal clanging, cement mixers churning and generators throbbing. It kind of drove us crazy! Even with ear plugs and the thick feather pillows they give you wrapped around your head you could still hear the noise.

For this reason it made our stay quite frustrating (and often torture when you've have a late Friay night and get woken at 7am by the hammering!) and I would advise anyone who is a light sleeper (or who generally does not like living next to a working building site!) to give the Dusit a miss until the work is completed. As of the end of April they were on around the 18th floor, so who knows how long that may take if they're going up another 20+ floors! Apparently it is illegal for building work to continue after 11pm in Dubai, whether or not that is correct, I don't know, they certainly seemed to be unaware if so. I appreciate that building work is a regular thing in Dubai, but that's not my problem - when I stay somewhere for a limited time I don't want to be next to it!

If you do stay, insist on one of the rooms nearer to the water - I believe the x04 and x05 rooms (x being the floor number, ie 1204).

Staff
The staff at the Dusit are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned twice a week, and we found they did a good job with the cleaning. You also get a free paper each morning - a nice little touch. They were all happy to help with any issues and queries we had and we couldn't fault them.

Kitchen
You get a nice sized kitchen with fridge/freezer, cooker and hob, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. All worked fine. There are sufficient plates, glasses and cutlery, but only a small amount of utensils and pans - no colander/sieve, only one huge saucepan and a couple of frying pans, but no baking trays or oven dishes.

Internet and TV
There is no wifi at the Dusit but they have wired internet in most rooms. If you're able to take a router with you it's easy to connect that up and create your own wireless connection. You just need to click through a connection page on any device once every 24 hours. The speed tops out at around 24mpbs, which is pretty good (and the uploads speeds often 50+mbps!) I did find that trying to stream UK TV through a VPN service in the evening often struggled though - it tended to be fine in the daytime, so I presume that's just down to the shared line being used by more people in the evening.
The TV system in the Dusit is terrible. It's a dated and poor quality TV IP system with limited choice of channels (certainly in English) and very low quality picture. Do not expect to get any Premier League football, or anything other than Middle Eastern football and some random motor sports. We rarely bothered with it as the quality was that back and choice so limited. Fortunately I had taken my own media player which hooked up easily to the aging but functioning 46" Samsung LCD TV in the room (they really should tell the cleaners not to polish TV screens...!) The TV has HDMI and component connections, if anyone is interested.

Gym and pool
There's a very nice little gym at the Dusit which has fairly new and good quality equipment and machines. There are two TVs so have the option of (the limited - see above!) TV channels - music is pretty much MTV, MTV Arabia and MTV Lebanon (all pretty awful IMO!) Unfortunately the air con doesn't seem to work too well, so it can get a little too warm in there in the day, although it's still usable.
The pool is satisfactory. It's fairly small, plus shaded for most of the day so not really suitable for those who want to sunbath all day. Better than nothing though...!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DrTobiasFunke
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment with 4 adults and one child in May. On the positive side I can say that the apartment was really spacious although the layout was not that good and the quality of the furniture, tiles etc. was really cheap. The kitchen is huge but there is not much kitchen ware.The style of the apartment is a bit outdated and not modern at all. The worst thing was that it was really dirty. The floor was black, the appliances were sticky and the whole apartement was smelly. I made a complain to the house keeping, after that they came and cleaned the floor again so that I felt a little bit more comfortable to let my daughter play on the floor.
They have a small pool with sun loungers but we didn't use t because it didn't look very inviting.
The location of the Dusit Residences is ok. It is a bit difficult to cross the major roads to get to JBR or the beach but it is close to Dubai Marina. There is also a construction site next to the hotel which was noisy from time to time.The view from our apartment would have been nice if the windows weren't covered totally with dirt.
The Hotel offers breakfast but we had a look at the buffet the first morning and decided to go somewhere else.
Unfortunatly I left a few make up items in the bathroom. I called the Hotel the next day to ask them to keep them aside so that I can send a friend to pick these items up. Most of the items were new and in total the items had a value of more of 300Euros. So I thought it is worth to make the effort to ask a friend to get the items shiped to Singapore. But the hotel staff was not helpful at all. I had to call at least 8 times. They even told me that I am wrong and most probably i lost the things somewhere else.(????)Every time they promised me that the Manager will call me back. Finally I got the OM on the phone and he promised me to check on this matter. After a few days I received an email and he told me that there were no things left in the apartment.

We will definatly not return or recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family