“A decent and competitively priced hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grandeur Hotel

Grandeur Hotel
Ranked #237 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Espoo
“A decent and competitively priced hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Grandeur was a positive experience for us during two short visits. The utmost friendliness and attentiveness of the staff was impressive. Clean rooms and well-working bathroom equipment formed a sound basis for the private part of the stay. The dinner buffet is well worth of trying. Although the breakfast was not included in our room price, we found ourselves sitting in the breakfast restaurant every morning – even at 3 am in the morning of departure !

Grandeur’s neighbourhood is not nearly ready. For example the pedestrian walks are missing in large part.

The internet connection is a pay-by-time service, where you have to use e.g. the one-hour period during an hour. We found it not economical. As a bonus the hotel offers a free shuttle service to the Jumeirah beach and back once a day.

For some reason we did not succeed in setting the air conditioning to a higher temperature. The setting of 28 C led to 21 C according to our thermometer. Instructions in the hotel manual could be helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikk0N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here by myself last week to attend meetings in the city my flight came in early morning around 0730 AM ( check in starts only by 0200 pm(I had requested early check in during my booking ) ,was met by a very stern faced no nonsense receptionist with a heavy Srilankan accent she first told me my booking was for five nights ,I politely said no it was for four then I proceeded to show her a copy of my booking (through the hotel web site) which she said was not enough and she had to check on her own copy so after several minutes of shuffling through heaps of paper bookings she came to my booking which confirmed my stance, she reluctantly agreed ,but seemed upset at the loss of face , till then she seemed ready to give me the room right away,then she suddenly appeared to change her stance and told me to return at 0200 pm since the hotel was running at 100% occupancy and no early check in could be entertained in a very condescending manner and that if i wanted to assure a room at time of arrival I should have paid for the day before I arrived ,she could have done it with a smile which is a norm in the hospitality industry, I told her it could be compensated for the fact that I would check out very early on the last day of my booking ,the time I could check in was a good seven hours away which was very tedious for me as I had to freshen up and had to reschedule my appointments she how ever allowed me to store my luggage in the cloak room which was a big relief,she interrupted our conversation four times to attend the phone and then twice to speak to another Russian client (to whom she she seemed extremely polite and bending over back wards to please) inspite of the fact that the other receptionist was not doing anything important,When I did check in however my room was quite good just as described in the website which was the saving grace, the view from the dirty window was nothing to write home, but it did keep out the construction noise, ,the beds were large but with regards to comfort average, the bathrooms were quite clean and modern with a shower capsule with good working fittings,and toiliteries the towels appeared worn out from overuse, the furniture and decor was aesthetically pleasing,the bell boys and concierage seemed a nice lot,my visit to the restaurant was another experience the Indian restaurant had a nice ambience the band was quite good with live music considering the fact that I was the only customer,I settled on ordering the famous dum mutton biryani @AED 54) for which India is famous for,when the food arrived ,the waiter who served me announced that he was serving me chicken biryani,I said no I had ordered mutton then he proceeded to probe through the biryani with a fork then confirmed it was indeed mutton and then served it (totally amateur I was the only customer in the restaurant at that time) so he should have got it right the first time,the biryani tasted of cloves , the masala had not flavoured the meat, probably cooked seperately smeared with oil quickely microwaved in short "stale",
I am a food buff and I can make out these things right away so I decided to dine outside for the remainder of my stay,this place is quite close to the mall of emirates and way-side cafes and small restaurants close by are not hard to find, to cater to any palate and wallet ,this is a neighbourhood of 3 star hotels and hotel appartments, a supermarket called the blue mart is just behind the property if you need any groceries,there is also a grill restaurant behind the hotel called the 5 crowns which has grilled food ,Indian kerala cusine with a variety of club sandwiches burgers and fruit juices very popular among the Russian clientale the prices are cheap and food is fresh served hot promptly .There is also a Pakistani restaurant behind the hotel called Saif Al Bukhari with good food from the subcontinent at rock bottom prices served hygenically you need to be lucky to find a seat though very popular with the locals.The Wifi is a ripoff costs 15 AED it last you about an hour you must use it within one hour of first use Voip does not work from Dubai.
On the day I checked out I asked the receptionist at the desk in the morning telling him very specifically I needed a computer attached to a printer to print my boarding pass he said " no problem" and directed me to the Buisness centre and that I needed to pay 15 AED for access for one hour which I happily did right away,after my online check in when I was ready to print my boarding pass, the imbecile from the reception informs me that the printer does not work ,and that I had to email it to the reception which cannot be done with most airlines due to the security feature that does not allow to print the barcodes if you email the boarding pass, so my money went up in smoke ,totally unprofessional and what can only be described as third rate,he could have just told me it was not working when I asked him first but he did it to get his lousy 15 AED for the hotel,clearly this hotel is not for you if you are on serious buisness pressed for time , it is for you if you are Russian and planning to go to Jumeira beach towards which this hotel staff concentrates its efforts and time on.The hotel leaves much to be desired despite of the excellent location , good housekeeping and concierge, the lobby faces an open restaurant which looks out of place as soon as you enter gives the impression you are entering through the kitchen entrance ,the hotel is close to the road and hailing a cab is easy, just next to the Ramada Al Barsha hotel.
Dubai has no dearth of good hotels so I shall not return ,to the shabby treatment by improperly trained receptionists.

Room Tip: Take the 8 th floor it is quiter ,go through website hotels .com the rates are25% less than the ho...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Theretailer
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Grandeur Hotel, 3 star hotel, big rooms, clean, new. Location is a 30 minute walk to the Mall of Emirates, otherwise not much activities surrounding the hotel. Take the rooms on upper floors to avoid noise from traffic on street level. Breakfast is ok, the regular different breads, hard boiled eggs, omelette, hot dogs, ham, noodles, rice, fried potatoes, bake beans in tomatoe sauce, different type of fresh fruits and fruit juices, coffee and tea. Most suitable for group tourist, business, or family. Not suitable for the young at heart since there is not much night life around.

Room Tip: Top floors are more quite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ctcmanila
Gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

It is a great hotel and very cooperative staff. Near by location is under development

Room Tip: try to opt a road side view room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmitGreat
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

The hotel is located very close to the Mall of Emirates, therefore it scores well on location. When you look at the hotel from the outside there's absolutely nothing to get excited about. The lobby is average again. The service overall is quite poor. They have a restaurant in the lobby, and sometimes the whole lobby smells when they serve highly aromatic food from the Indian subcontinent. And that's not very nice to walk into. There's an Indian restaurant on the ground floor and due to the poor air ventilation system, its just very over bearing with the smell of Indian food. I mean I'm from India, and trust me when I say that this is not how it is any Indian restaurant back home or any where else that I've been to. So the breakfast is served in this restaurant and its mostly Indian, so those who like an Indian breakfast will be al right I guess, but others who's prefer a continental breakfast like me, aren't going to have too much to choose from. The room that I was in was very large, it was clean like the rest of the hotel. It had a mini bar and refrigerator and no coffee maker though. They didn't have an iron in the room, so I had to call it in and it wasn't of very good quality. The bathroom is clean and reasonably sized with a bath tub, nothing to complain about. The booking was made by company and hence I got a really cheap deal. So at the price I paid, it was good. Otherwise they charge about AED 450 for double occupancy I think. We got nearly 50% off on that price. Overall its not a place that I'd recommend unless you want to stay close to the Mall of Emirates and go cheap. Conclusion: the location is good, room is big and clean, but the service is not very good.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 316, it was pretty good.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank josephcj
bucarest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed here 7 days and:
-location close Mall of Emirates, metro, 15 minutes walk
-room big, clean, comfortable;
-staff frienly, check-in fast
-breakfest monoton, but dinner good
I recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mircea a
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I'll be honest from the beginning; the room was big, clean and comfortable, for some people that's the be all and end all for most hotels, but there were far too many little inconveniences with this 3 star hotel for it to get a positive review.
Let's kick off with some of them:

- Inconsistent hot water - this has to be a hotel's cardinal sin to break. Particularly annoying because the bathroom was clean, contemporary and rather smart

- Either nonexistent or excellent internet - although free (regrettably in years of travelling, free internet is like massive neon sign suggesting a hotel is decidedly average)

- Particularly unhelpful but very smiley staff - I rang reception to ask if they had a Nokia charger, something hotels must have by the million. The straight up response of “No” suggests the bloke answering the phone gave absolutely no care what so ever

- Some replacement tea and coffee would have been a nice touch too!

The sports bar is a bit dingy with a distinct lack of broadcast sports, but that's not the end of the world because the Ramada hotel next door has an excellent sports bar which made the one in the Grandeur look especially ropey.

Overall the Grandeur is a very average hotel that annoyingly could be very good if they focused a little bit more on the smaller things and service. It would be wrong to say the hotel is bad, but given the choice I would rather pay a few extra quid and stay somewhere a bit more established, the Ramada hotel next door for example.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TC_On_Tour

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels