“Best value I've found in the Mall of the Emirates area”

Ibis Mall Of The Emirates
Ranked #149 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at this Ibis 4 times over the last 6 months while working in Dubai. I love how it is within walking distance of the Mall. Plenty of restaurants there to keep you happy. Some of the carpets are a bit worn, but all of the fixtures are high quality and beds/linens are clean. I'll keep heading back as long as they keep their rates nice and low.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear AT,

First would like to thank you for your patronage and for always choosing to stay with at Ibis Mall of emirates.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department Manager and we would like to assure you they have been taken onboard as constructive suggestions to improve the kind of service we are expected to deliver.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon for another pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Mall Of The Emirates

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed for 1 day at the hotel.

The hotel is 100m from the Mall of the Emirates (don't be confused with Dubai Mall which is bigger, better and a 10 min taxi ride away).

The rooms are clean and well maintained but they are basic. The restaurant had a good breakfast.

Overall for the cheap price (compared to other Dubai hotels) it was a very good choice for a stop over stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Pad00,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor and for choosing to stay at Ibis Mall of Emirates Dubai.

It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad you had a good stay with us and particularly you found the room clean and well maintained, the hotel location good not to mention the good breakfast. It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that you left with pleasant memories.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another pleasant stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The breakfast was okay and if you asked you could order omelettes or fried eggs which were not in the buffet. The mall of the emirates is not where everything is happening in Dubai so it is not walking distance from all other attractions. It has its own metro station about a 10 minute walk from the hotel so you can get anywhere easily from there. Also taxis weren't that expensive and run on a meter. They kept our luggage all day as we had a really late flight. The staff were really nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Elsa R,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ibis Mall of Emirates during your trip to Dubai. We appreciate you taking time to post a review of your stay with us.

Pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and particularly the hotel was nice and clean, good buffet breakfast. not to mention the good location.

Happy to read that the service offered by the staff made your stay was a memorable one. Will certainly share your feedback with all of them and they will be delighted to see that their hard work has been noticed.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Conveniently located right next to the Mall of the Emirates, this hotel is perfect for travellers due to the nearby mall which is a 2 minute walk away and the metro station it contains. The room itself is quite spacious, clean and has a small fridge for you to store any snacks. The internet is perfect from Sunday through to Wednesday, but on the other days it slows down to the point of non-existence....Wifi is available in the lobby, but the rooms only have cables. Staff are extremely friendly, they also organise trips to nearby Jeramiah beach by shuttle twice a day, return, for a cheap price.

Getting here from the airport is a pinch, the train and walk to the hotel takes about 45 minutes, although it can only be taken till 11pm ish. If travelling by taxi, its costs 70-80 DHS from the airport.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the water up high on the left hand side of the building when facing out for the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear ddwang,

We are glad you found the hotel conveniently located and the room quite spacious and clean. Happy to read the service offered by the staff made your stay a memorable one. Will certainly share your feedback with all of them and they will be delighted to see that their hard work has been noticed.

With regards to the internet your feedback is very much appreciated and has been taken onboard as constructive suggestions to improve the kind of service we are expected to deliver.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon for another pleasant.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

A very good option for the ones who want to stay close to the Mall of Emirates. 5 min walking from the hotel.

The breakfast was not great but does the job!!

There is a bar at the ground level which can be a good one for a few drinks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Antariksh2014,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Dubai Mall of the Emirates. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Your feedback with regards to the breakfast is highly appreciated and has been passed on to our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager. Would like to assure you, your feedback has been taken on board as constructive suggestions to improve our services and overall offering in the breakfast.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to make your next stay pleasant and memorable.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was a bit disappointed when my colleague booked this hotel for me as he lived local. With all the splendour of Dubai and not really operating on a budget I was excited by the hotel choices and with being so many the competitive nature of the prices and classy facilities - it was a heavy landing when I realised i was in a budget hotel with a bed, restaurant and bar ! - So after getting off the plane and heading straight to the office, I was tired out and we headed to the hotel. My colleague waved me off as I entered reception - after 10 minutes of looking on the computer it was clear there was no booking and I was currently homeless ! At this point the receptionist had not looked properly at my booking confirmation - had she done so she would have spotted I was at the wrong Ibis. There is an IBIS called Ibis Al Barsha by the side of the main carriageway and apparently its a common booking mistake as Ibis Mall Of Emirates us also in Al Barsha but hidden. So after a further 10 mins of amusement and the worlds most useless directions - i was away on foot as it was "15 mins" walk down the road just behind the Holiday Inn. So after 30 mins of walking wheeling my newly acquired budget suitcase over sandy bricks and cables I finally got to the holiday inn - and found the Ibis Mall Of Emirates. I was not best amused at the "Ibis" chain at this point. Personally I think they should have booked me a taxi rather than laugh at my mistake as let me walk but never mind. Please double check at booking if you are mkaing your own way to the hotel as to which one it is. So onto the Ibis Mall of Emirates. Not the best surroundings given whats on the other side of the large carriageway but safe - lots of people milling around rather pointlessly but not threatening (as Dubai in general is not). Seemless check in, Internet in room via cable which is handy if you are carrying only and I Pad, but WIFI available in the Lobby. The room was basic and small, so in a way I was pleased the only option was to return to the Lobby. The lobby is bright, clean and spacious. I didn't use the restaurant as you would never go hungry in Dubai and I had a list of good eating places to try - however once I realised the WIFI was available in the enclosed bar and I could watch british football on the TV whilst quaffing Carlsberg the days tribulations were forgotten and it began a very pleasant stay. The bar staff here are excellent and I would say amongst the sharpest I have met on my travels. One negative being from the UK was the smoking. The bar was very smoky and took me back to the days before the UK smoking ban. Location is excellent for a quick shopping break. RIght by the Mall Of Emirates (not impressed however it was just like Lakeside/Meadowhall in the UK) and spot on the metro line (about 2 GBP for a day ticket) which gave rapid transit to Dubai Marine and a walk to Jumeriah Beach and downtown to the Dubal Mall about 20 mins in the opposite direction. I really wanted to hate this hotel but I have to say for a short trip to Dubai where you have no need for a resort environment and just need a bed - get it booked. I will be going back in 6 weeks but as I am due to be out there for a week will probably give it a swerve only because I would prefer a a gym and pool - that is no reflection on the establishment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mardood

Dear Mardood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor and for choosing to stay with us at Ibis Mall of Emirates Dubai.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Your comments concerning the bar being too smoky has been taken on board as constructive suggestion to improve the kind of service we are expected to deliver.

Our hotel is connected to Suite Novotel hence guests staying in Ibis can use the Suite Novotel`s pool for a small fee. We recommend the Suite Novotel for your future booking as it has bigger rooms, more closet space, pool and gym, safe boxes in the room and more facilities.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, rooms maintained well. House keeping was good, location is good, taxis always available outside no mater what time it is. Arrived really early stored luggage and explored Dubai was able to check in early after the early arrival and long flight

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Annie D
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Annie D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ibis Mall of Emirates during your trip to Dubai. Appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

Pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the hotel was good, rooms well maintained and the house keeping was good not to mention the good location. We are glad you left with pleasant memories. I have shared your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to them to continue to give the best service to all our guests.

Kind Regards