“Functional”

Ibis Mall Of The Emirates
Ranked #130 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was a bit disappointed when my colleague booked this hotel for me as he lived local. With all the splendour of Dubai and not really operating on a budget I was excited by the hotel choices and with being so many the competitive nature of the prices and classy facilities - it was a heavy landing when I realised i was in a budget hotel with a bed, restaurant and bar ! - So after getting off the plane and heading straight to the office, I was tired out and we headed to the hotel. My colleague waved me off as I entered reception - after 10 minutes of looking on the computer it was clear there was no booking and I was currently homeless ! At this point the receptionist had not looked properly at my booking confirmation - had she done so she would have spotted I was at the wrong Ibis. There is an IBIS called Ibis Al Barsha by the side of the main carriageway and apparently its a common booking mistake as Ibis Mall Of Emirates us also in Al Barsha but hidden. So after a further 10 mins of amusement and the worlds most useless directions - i was away on foot as it was "15 mins" walk down the road just behind the Holiday Inn. So after 30 mins of walking wheeling my newly acquired budget suitcase over sandy bricks and cables I finally got to the holiday inn - and found the Ibis Mall Of Emirates. I was not best amused at the "Ibis" chain at this point. Personally I think they should have booked me a taxi rather than laugh at my mistake as let me walk but never mind. Please double check at booking if you are mkaing your own way to the hotel as to which one it is. So onto the Ibis Mall of Emirates. Not the best surroundings given whats on the other side of the large carriageway but safe - lots of people milling around rather pointlessly but not threatening (as Dubai in general is not). Seemless check in, Internet in room via cable which is handy if you are carrying only and I Pad, but WIFI available in the Lobby. The room was basic and small, so in a way I was pleased the only option was to return to the Lobby. The lobby is bright, clean and spacious. I didn't use the restaurant as you would never go hungry in Dubai and I had a list of good eating places to try - however once I realised the WIFI was available in the enclosed bar and I could watch british football on the TV whilst quaffing Carlsberg the days tribulations were forgotten and it began a very pleasant stay. The bar staff here are excellent and I would say amongst the sharpest I have met on my travels. One negative being from the UK was the smoking. The bar was very smoky and took me back to the days before the UK smoking ban. Location is excellent for a quick shopping break. RIght by the Mall Of Emirates (not impressed however it was just like Lakeside/Meadowhall in the UK) and spot on the metro line (about 2 GBP for a day ticket) which gave rapid transit to Dubai Marine and a walk to Jumeriah Beach and downtown to the Dubal Mall about 20 mins in the opposite direction. I really wanted to hate this hotel but I have to say for a short trip to Dubai where you have no need for a resort environment and just need a bed - get it booked. I will be going back in 6 weeks but as I am due to be out there for a week will probably give it a swerve only because I would prefer a a gym and pool - that is no reflection on the establishment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mardood
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Mardood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor and for choosing to stay with us at Ibis Mall of Emirates Dubai.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Your comments concerning the bar being too smoky has been taken on board as constructive suggestion to improve the kind of service we are expected to deliver.

Our hotel is connected to Suite Novotel hence guests staying in Ibis can use the Suite Novotel`s pool for a small fee. We recommend the Suite Novotel for your future booking as it has bigger rooms, more closet space, pool and gym, safe boxes in the room and more facilities.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, rooms maintained well. House keeping was good, location is good, taxis always available outside no mater what time it is. Arrived really early stored luggage and explored Dubai was able to check in early after the early arrival and long flight

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Annie D
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Annie D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ibis Mall of Emirates during your trip to Dubai. Appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

Pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the hotel was good, rooms well maintained and the house keeping was good not to mention the good location. We are glad you left with pleasant memories. I have shared your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to them to continue to give the best service to all our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another pleasant stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We booked 2 nights during the shopping festival because the hotel was fairly priced in comparison to other hotels in the area. Upon arrival, we were offered a breakfast addition for a lower price than usual if we booked it for both nights right away. Check in was fast, we faced a couple of issues with the room keys & the elevator but other than that everything was fine.

The room was clean, small with minimal furniture. The bathroom was also pretty small too but had the toiletries needed. We felt that the room would be a better fit for a Single Occupancy than double as the bed was also too small. We called housekeeping, asked for a trash bin in the room and a tissue box but were told that they only have toilet paper and will try to search for an extra toilet bin and send it to us.

Breakfast was really nice for a 2 stars hotel, with options of hot & cold food and drinks daily, it was a bit repetitive but still very good for the price.

Hotel location is the best thing about it, the hotel is a 5 min walk from the Mall of the Emirates (where you can also take the metro) and a 10 min walk to Sharaf DG metro station. On the same street you'll find a couple of restaurants (including Nando's in the adjacent Suite Novotel) and a couple of Mini Marts.

One of the big let downs was that you only have Wifi in the lobby, but if you have a laptop with you then it won't be a problem.

The hotel was better than our expectations, and was really convenient in consideration to the price so we will be going back soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear NEmile,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at Ibis Mall of the Emirates.
We thank you for your detailed review of the hotel and its surroundings.

It's a pleasure to read that you had a good stay and particularly the good breakfast, clean room and the hotels good location.

It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that you left with pleasant memories.Will certainly share your feedback with the staff and they will be delighted to see that their hard work has been noticed.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and your comments have been taken onboard as constructive suggestions to improve the kind of service we are expected to deliver.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to make your next stay pleasant and memorable.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here on a stop over a a couple of days - breakfast was good and varied lots of choice to satisfy everyone. Rooms where small but had everything you needed and modern fittings and fixtures made for a comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Only internet in the room was via a cable to the laptop which if you had one like we did ok but would have been better if the rooms had wifi.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Chelsey H,

Pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. Glad the room was good and comfortable, the breeakfast good and the staff friendly and helpful. We are glad you left with pleasant memories. I have shared your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to them to continue to give the best service to all our guests.

With regards to the Wifi and internet connection in the rooms, we are currently working on upgrading our internet and we hope we will have it sorted out soonest.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very close to mall the emirates and the metro station. Its very clean, rooms are comfortable, stuff is friendly and helpful. Price is good some times although during Dubai Festival gets a bit expensive.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martha Z
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Martha Z,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments on Trip Advisor of your recent stay with us.

It's a pleasure to read that you had a good stay and particularly the hotel`s great location and the hotel room was clean and comfortable not to mention the friendly and helpful staff.

It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that you left with pleasant memories. I have shared your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to them to continue to give the best service to all our guests.

Best regards

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Typical ibis rooms. Tiny rooms which lacked essentials like a safe box, dustbin, tissue box etc. The hotel itself is nothing to look forward for. If you are looking forward to speding time outside discovering dubai, then this hotel is located at a 5 min walk from mall of the emirates. Lots of other dubai attractions like the beach, palms, Burj al arab, wild wadi are a short drive away. Closest metro is located inside the mall.

Room Tip: Do not expect to spend a lot of time inside the rooms. You will get claustrophobia. Single bedroom...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear hamzzzz,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments on Trip Advisor of your recent stay with us at Ibis Mall of Emirates.

Ibis Hotel is designed based on a standard service & concept of Ibis Hotels Worldwide, Please allow me to assure you that we do our level best to accommodate all guests’ needs.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and has been taken onboard as constructive suggestions to improve the service we deliver.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in this hotel and all I can say is that I will never search for a place to stay in dubai because I already found it. The rooms are clean , spacious enough , quiet , the receptionists are very kind , and for breakfast you don't find a big variety but it's perfect. The hotel is at 5 mins walk from the mall of the Emirates and two mins walk from the metro station. I will come back to this hotel whenever I'll visit dubai again .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sylvia k,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback about your stay at Ibis Mall of Emirates. We are delighted to read your review and are glad to learn you would be back again whenever you visit Dubai.

It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that you left with pleasant memories. Will share your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to show them their hard work has not gone unnoticed and to encourage then to always strive to give their best to all the guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to make your next visit as pleasant and memorable as the previous one.

Best regards