“Run as fast as you can”

Ranked #103 of 296 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Lagos
“Run as fast as you can”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is definitely a low budget hotel, it was booked for me by travel agent. Unfortunately I didnt check reviews. At first glance, it seems abit run down but manageable but with closer look its the little things that one can't stand. Like broken slab in the kitchen area or lack of staff to adequately attend to you when needed. When they were available though, they were very helpful. It just notworth staying unless you are really low on cash.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cybertops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This time I decided not to stay there for the following reasons: 1- the reception staff was very tuff. He tried to fool me and let me pay more in order to leave my family (2 adults and 5 childs) stay in 2 bedrooms apartment .
2- when we went to see the apartment, it was very dirty and smile very bad
I remember before 4 years it was clean and good place to stay. But now I don't think it is. I prefer ed to pay more than 800 AND as late cancelation fees and not to stay in a such low level place

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Msalemksa

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed for 14 Nights at that Hotel. Upon arrival staff at the reception was not welcoming at all a guy has to go and talk to another person which I believe any front desk should have the information of all guests checking-in because my booking was one 1 month before my trip. The payment was required before I could see the room the room which I find it very rude but I feel it was their policy of their hotel. The first day after I checked in my hotel was paid when I was going to take the lift a valet asked me for my Id which I find it strange as I've been in many hotels in Dubai I've never been ask for my ID after paying my hotel again I was very upset but the next day I went to the Front desk to let them know that they should communicate more with their staff so that they know the guests and their room No I make them understand that I should be treated with respect like all guests. I paid the Wi-Fi for 14 days after some days I was cut off I went to clarify I was connected after an hour or so. After some days the Wi-Fi was disconnect again when I report a guy at the front office said that it was a maintenance problem they send a guy with a stepladder in my room twice I make the guy understand that it is not a maintenance problem the poor guy understand very well that it was not a maintenance but he has to follows the front office orders. After several calls the same day still I did not get any connection a whole day the next day I had to go again to the reception I was told that they will clarify with the IT after that I was connected and no apology which at least they should apologize for their mistake. At the Front desk there was a lady I believe she's Pilipino and an Indian guy a valet both was very helpful at all times the only 2 persons who use to be very polite they were very nice they will always greet all the time others will just look at you even there were times you greeted them they did not respond pretending they did not see you or simply they just ignore you. Its a pity to say that this hotel is a nice hotel with a good location the room is very nice but the manager should take note and see that the guests should be treated with respect and provide a good service when you paid money you expect to get good service. At the ends of my stay I went to the front office telling them that I'm checking out the guy who does the nightshift did not even care it was the valet who asked if I wanted a taxi. At least it would be nice to say have a safe trip a person who stayed 2 weeks at a hotel do not deserve to be treated that way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pension H
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 3 years ago. At that time i liked it very much or may be it was new at that time. However this time when i stayed, i could not satisfy as they have not maintained their hotel. I paid 250 AED per person with breakfast and paid 50 AED extra for internet for 3 days. Internet was not working for almost half of the time as there was some IT problem. Washroom were not properly maintained as there was seepage problem. Bed Mattresses were old and very much squeezed. They took my passport for scanning the night i reached there and said there are lots of passports, so will be returned the next morning after scanning. I took those next night and still i had to wait 20 minutes for those. Will definitely choose some other hotel next time

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandesh T
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went with husband and 4 children for 7 nights. Staff were wonderful and accommodating. Room was fantastic. Bathrooms were gleaming. I have nothing bad to say about this place. The glass lifts were something the children loved. Walking distance to Mcdonalds and a shopping centre

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Razwanakhaliq
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A great place to stay - clean and spacious. A perfect location with supermarkets, malls and Metro nearby. A great place to get your first bearings of Dubai from. Also walking distance to the souks and the Creek.

Room Tip: The one bedroom is spacious and clean and a great Price in April.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I picked the Desert Rose Hotel Apartments because I waited too long to make reservations at the place I wanted to stay, and this place was cheap. For what I got, it should have been much cheaper. It looks good walking in off the street (pool looks good too), but the BIG let-down is when the Bell Hop lets you into your room. The room has seen better days, but I bet it can’t remember when that was.

On the plus side:

On the minus side:
1) It was $98 per nite with tax
2) Moldy, chipped tile in the bathroom, and the ceiling was falling apart too
3) Worn kitchenette and furniture
4) Only 3 TV stations in English (although nice new flat screen)
5) Very hard bed
6) The list of kitchen items on the inside of a cabinet door said that there was a microwave, but my room didn’t have one
7) Plenty of hot water. I know that sounds like it should be a plus, but its deadly hot water! If you just turn on the hot water, it’s like a boiler exploded. Rusty, boiling water exploding from the tap. You could boil a lobster in the bathroom sink! Seriously, it’s a very dangerous situation, especially for small children. Heck, it scared me the first time!

So this place is OK if there isn’t anywhere else to stay (The park bench by Spinney’s was probably a little harder than the bed in my room).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business