I picked the Desert Rose Hotel Apartments because I waited too long to make reservations at the place I wanted to stay, and this place was cheap. For what I got, it should have been much cheaper. It looks good walking in off the street (pool looks good too), but the BIG let-down is when the Bell Hop lets you into your room. The room has seen better days, but I bet it can’t remember when that was.
On the plus side:
1) They didn’t try to hold my Passport hostage
2) No clubs in hotel, so fairly quiet
3) It is close to the Al Fahidi Metro Station and Spinney’s Grocery
4) They had my Expedia reservation, and didn’t try and charge me more
5) It was $98 per nite with tax
On the minus side:
1) It was $98 per nite with tax
2) Moldy, chipped tile in the bathroom, and the ceiling was falling apart too
3) Worn kitchenette and furniture
4) Only 3 TV stations in English (although nice new flat screen)
5) Very hard bed
6) The list of kitchen items on the inside of a cabinet door said that there was a microwave, but my room didn’t have one
7) Plenty of hot water. I know that sounds like it should be a plus, but its deadly hot water! If you just turn on the hot water, it’s like a boiler exploded. Rusty, boiling water exploding from the tap. You could boil a lobster in the bathroom sink! Seriously, it’s a very dangerous situation, especially for small children. Heck, it scared me the first time!
So this place is OK if there isn’t anywhere else to stay (The park bench by Spinney’s was probably a little harder than the bed in my room).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Rose Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.