I stayed at the Najd for 4 nights, Nov 09, in a double room apartment, which was really comfortable with a nice bedroom, toilet/washroom, lounge area and a well equipped kitchen.
Traditional furnishings throughout the hotel which are bright, clean and pleasant. Roof top pool is good, although only 4 loungers and mostly construction views. Nice gym too. Staff are really nice and helpful.
I paid £65 a night, incl breakfast, which I thought was really good value for Dubai. It would have been same price even for 2 people. A couple of times I asked for bottled water and there was no charge.
There is a little supermarket, turn right out of hotel and about 150 yds on left had side.
The only downsides (and they weren't showstoppers) were: 1) the huge amount of contsruction going on around the hotel, 2) apart from Mall of Emirates, there wasn't much within walking distance to do or see, 3) taxis don't know where the hotel is and keep getting lost - on this point, make sure and get a location map from the hotel to show taxi drivers.
Things that were good in Dubai:
1. the Atlantis Hotel, especially the Aquaventure Waterpark (and try the new monorail - you can get on at the Atlantis and do a return journey over the 3 stops, which allows you to see the hotel from a great angle on the return journey - takes about 45mins all in.
2. Mall of The Emirates - if you like shopping
3. Trader Vics , restuarant at the Madinat Jumeriah ( a marina, Souk and food place all in one - really nice)
4. La Veranda restauarnt in grounds of Palm Jumeriah hotel. Just walk through hotel lobby and out back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Villa Najd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.